Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 639 640 [641] 642 643 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859045 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #9600 on: February 06, 2022, 11:37:54 pm »

Huh.  Everyone assumes that Katia's pineapple trick in Prequel is lewd, but maybe she just starts spitroasting humans when she blacks out.  So embarrassing!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9601 on: February 07, 2022, 04:12:37 am »

This Trick. (not NSFW thankfully)

It would come in really handy if you had pineapples, but no knife, but did have a drunk khajiit and a yoyo.

I wonder if she can only do it drunk and naked because in her alcoholism she's actually more coordinated while intoxicated but fumbles while clothed
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9602 on: February 07, 2022, 06:13:37 am »

What reasons do they give you for not being able to raise your paygrade? Obviously it can't be 'we can't afford', since they can afford hiring a new manager drone to oversee you.
The reason is "we can't afford," despite trying to hire the new manager. And yes, it doesn't make sense to me either.

Shit mart, they're getting like three middle managers for the price of one line worker. Why in the world would they want to pay more for that, they've figured out how to get a discount on necessary duties and network with richer fucks at the same time. They're probably pretty sure they've figured out the price point it takes to keep LW there and still dump whatever crap they want to on 'em without causing their drone to leave, so what's their incentive to change?
Pretty much. They know how much I need and are happy to get close to it, without ever discussing whether my pay matches what I do.

Yeah, they seem to be pretty ridiculous. Why go to the expense of a hiring process and possibly training a new manager, risking a bad fit for the culture of the company in the process,  when they have someone they know can do the job already on staff?
Apparently this new manager worked here before, and are old friends with some of the staff. Amusingly they probably wouldn't accept the job on a full time basis, because they made loads of money selling their house and are enjoying the fruits of retirement, which just makes things even more confusing for me

Have you tried braising in Worcestershire sauce?
I have marinated myself and whilst company morale has improved, I find myself no worcest for the wear

Over here, if you are given extra tasks, even moreso when given extra responsibilities that were not mentioned in your original job description, you are entitled by law to get a pay raise, and that can only be refused if the company has legally valid reasons to deny it, like 'we cannot afford that, we'll go into red figures'. Ofcourse, there's still plenty of companies that weasel themselves out of it, or just trust that their average worker doesn't have much legal knowledge and is unaware of their rights.

Possibly the same in the UK. That new manager might just be hired so they can claim you don't have more responsibilities.
It's possible. That's how I managed to get my last pay raise - they tried to give me the same shitty temporary contract with an expanded job description and I told them either they've made a mistake or I'm leaving lmao

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9603 on: February 07, 2022, 06:22:11 am »

I went to my Ping Pong Club today
From what I've heard from table tennis players, calling table tennis Ping Pong is a legal ground to have you decapitated with a sharpened table tennis bat.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9604 on: February 07, 2022, 06:23:25 am »

Just pour a few liters of spiced rum in and let it soak through the meat before you begin cooking.

Can also replace the innards with sliced pineapple which will help tenderize the meat and add flavor. Pork goes great with pineapple.

You can skip the first step if you're having an alcoholic for dinner

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #9605 on: February 07, 2022, 07:53:54 pm »

Apparently this new manager worked here before, and are old friends with some of the staff. Amusingly they probably wouldn't accept the job on a full time basis, because they made loads of money selling their house and are enjoying the fruits of retirement, which just makes things even more confusing for me

Depending on how high up the fellow's contacts go, that might be your core problem. Even if the fellow in question is unaware, his old buddies might set up a beneficial situation for him and themselves.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9606 on: February 08, 2022, 12:05:33 am »

This Trick. (not NSFW thankfully)

It would come in really handy if you had pineapples, but no knife, but did have a drunk khajiit and a yoyo.

I wonder if she can only do it drunk and naked because in her alcoholism she's actually more coordinated while intoxicated but fumbles while clothed
I hadn't seen this before and it's incredible and doesn't make me mildly upset at all, sorry.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9607 on: February 08, 2022, 08:26:05 am »

If you see a title containing the words follicles and mites on reddit, do not even scroll past it, close your window right there... Trust me my eyes are still itchy.
let

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9608 on: February 08, 2022, 02:59:23 pm »

i feel like the stuff hot dogs are made of today

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9609 on: February 08, 2022, 03:03:56 pm »

You feel like previously unwanted leftovers that have reinvented themselves to become universally adored?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9610 on: February 08, 2022, 03:05:05 pm »

Is that with, or without mustard?

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9611 on: February 08, 2022, 03:28:52 pm »

You feel like previously unwanted leftovers that have reinvented themselves to become universally adored?

You ever asked how the hot dog feels about that? :U

I believe the common colloquial is "feeling like a bag of smashed assholes."

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9612 on: February 08, 2022, 04:13:35 pm »

I went to my Ping Pong Club today, and I'm still just getting my ass beat by everyone. I've been taking it in stride, but it really is feeling like I've been playing this game every Sunday for months, maybe a year or more, and I'm still just fucking shit and making rudimentary mistakes all the time, my stamina is so shit that I have to take a 10 minute breather on the bench after just warming up. I'm just so frustrated with my utterly shit physical ability and my complete dedication to being a half-assed loser. I'm starting to feel like someone that lives in their head all the time like I do just can't get good at any sport or physical activity.

Even though everyone there is really positive and nice, it just felt like there was a heckler in my head for my entire time at the club. I had to leave early cause I was seriously starting to lose my cool, and I didn't want to look like a sore loser asshole in front of the guys I've been slowly building up a friendship with for what feels like years now.

I can sympathize. When I started my job here, people were big into Ping Pong. I'd barely played. But they were so hard up for opponents they were willing to play anyone and be patient.

It took me a solid year of playing a few hours a week before I started to develop actual skills. And don't let anyone shame you on the physicality; an intense match of ping pong is demanding, ESPECIALLY when you're always on the defensive. Competent players understand the conservation of energy. If you're moving to each side of the table on every return, you're working 2x as hard as they are. It's just like Tennis in that regard. If they have to sprint to each side of the court on every exchange, they're going to be winded in a minute or less. Playing from the middle, positioning yourself where it's going to be ahead of time, all these things save you energy.

Bottomline though, you do have a heckler in your head: your ego. You've got this desire for competence and your heckler doesn't let you forget even a single mistake.

Just a suggestion: play for fun. Don't play to get better, don't play to win, don't play to fit in. Have fun with it! Do silly shit. Play 3 feet back from the table. Go for the ones that you maybe should just let go. That's when I stopped being so hard on myself is when I just started enjoying it, whiffs, nets and all. And when you do well.....study. Think about why it worked. How the paddle sat in your hand when it went right. How the ping pong ball felt on the paddle when your slice came out just right or it had just the right tilt to get it where you wanted it to go.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 04:15:09 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9613 on: February 09, 2022, 08:55:59 am »

Fuck me for not having the time to secure every item ocd style everytime... I been carrying around a gameboy advance SP in sort of a little hardshell bag, today I had two important papers in it too, and of course when I grabbed them the gameboy needed to somehow slide past everything twice and really yeet itself on the table like that is it's purpose in life it has been waiting for 20 years. Twice from about 5 cm height, of course the plastic is cracked now where the screen hinge holds on to, in what world couldithave been any other way... Stupid fucking "important"paper there is no such thing there is only more or less authoritative paper garbage, but it's all garbage.
let

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9614 on: February 09, 2022, 09:39:43 am »

I was reading an article on Super-Earths and the writer pontificated that Super-Earths are more common than our terrestrial planet type.

...Our current telescopes and other planet devices can't even detect most things in other solar systems smaller than a Super-Earth. The whole reason Super-Earths are getting so much attention, and are so poorly understood, is because we've only recently been able to see something so small in other solar systems. I'm both amazed and appalled at our understanding of astronomy.

Good bless the Astronomers, how the other scientists must hate them for revealing how little science actually knows and being open to amateurs.
Pages: 1 ... 639 640 [641] 642 643 ... 779