Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 794

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1123673 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #8895 on: May 19, 2021, 06:32:53 am »

Not entirely sure why auto-erotic asphyxiation would be anything to get upset over

Autoerotic asphyxiation is like Pringles; Once you pop, you just can't stop

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8896 on: May 19, 2021, 07:18:36 am »

Today, I saw my favorite video game developer advocate for donations to a charity that funnels money to an organization literally named "violence."

I dispise any place that has a second class citizenship system, but as the man of peace, Nelson Mandela, taught us... You cannot find peace through violence.

I'm angry, disappointed, and disgusted by that unnamed video game developer, whom is directly helping the purchase of more weapons of war. The fact someone is wearing body armor does not make shooting at them okay. Even if they're bad people.

This made me sad.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8897 on: May 19, 2021, 07:36:13 am »

Every day of this reaffirms: If there's not major developments between now and when it starts, the day I start showing dementia symptoms is the day I die. Not going to live through this. Just not.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #8898 on: May 19, 2021, 11:59:02 am »

pnikey toe

chait

aaaaagh

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8899 on: May 19, 2021, 12:21:18 pm »

My rope is high-stranding like fuck and it's going to be a major pain to unravel all that tension. Blah.

Mentions of rope in the mildly upset thread had me scared for a second

Whatever for?

Nope. Too vulgar

Sorry Kagus

Auto-erotic asphyxiation or Suicide. Choose your fate

(I know this isn't funny but i couldn't leave you without an answer)

You could’ve left me without an answer, to be fair.

Not entirely sure why auto-erotic asphyxiation would be anything to get upset over, and suicide would more than likely go in the sad thread.

You need to up your game, padawan.

So kick away your chair, don’t hang around too long, and don’t ever apologize for making vulgar references or insinuations.

Probably don’t do this though. I’ll likely regret it later but it was too good an opportunity to resist depressive humour.

It's not funny when you know someone that probably died from that shit.

It was hard putting on a tie for that funeral.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8900 on: May 19, 2021, 01:08:20 pm »

My rope is high-stranding like fuck and it's going to be a major pain to unravel all that tension. Blah.

Mentions of rope in the mildly upset thread had me scared for a second

Whatever for?

Nope. Too vulgar

Sorry Kagus

Auto-erotic asphyxiation or Suicide. Choose your fate

(I know this isn't funny but i couldn't leave you without an answer)

You could’ve left me without an answer, to be fair.

Not entirely sure why auto-erotic asphyxiation would be anything to get upset over, and suicide would more than likely go in the sad thread.

You need to up your game, padawan.

So kick away your chair, don’t hang around too long, and don’t ever apologize for making vulgar references or insinuations.

Probably don’t do this though. I’ll likely regret it later but it was too good an opportunity to resist depressive humour.

It's not funny when you know someone that probably died from that shit.

It was hard putting on a tie for that funeral.

Alright i'll remove it
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8901 on: May 19, 2021, 06:14:09 pm »

I'm starting to get actively hostile to my new apartment office staff.

They have the most byzantine web of shit set up here, and so far the office staff have incorrectly told me how things work, sent me form emails claiming I've defaulted on move in requirements when I haven't actually done so, and now possibly incorrectly billed me.

First off, they use RentCafe.com, because they're owned by RentCIP.com, which controls more than half the large rental properties in my town.

So RentCafe.com is the backend for pretty much all apartment websites, and if you register with one, it "remembers" your email and tries to give you cross-site accounts so you can use the same one.

Except it never fucking works. EVER. It knows you already have a registered email, and refuses to let you sign up with the same email, but also acts as though it should remember one global password for the account, except it doesn't, and if you try to tell them you forgot your password for your account, it won't email you a password reset, because their tech sucks ass.

Moving on. Water and trash are handled and billed by yet ANOTHER company, who is probably just a subsidiary of RentCIP.com. They send me a separate bill for my water and trash removal. Cool. Except my first month's bill was $362 fucking dollars!

Turns out, the bill I get from YES ENERGY is actually sent by my apartment complex, and includes my monthly rent as part of the statement. Rent I already fucking paid for this month. I was told I deal with YES ENERGY myself, pay them myself, separate from my rent. Yet after talking to YES ENERGY, they say my apartment takes all the payments. On my statement, which has YES ENERGY's header on it, no where does it indicate who I'm actually supposed to pay, so I reasonably assumed based on what I'd been told that I pay YES ENERGY, which lead me to their website to make an account, which led to the above bullshit with RentCafe.com.

And so I go to my actual apartment complex resident portal and check the billing section.....nowhere are these charges listed. They may not post for weeks yet. But the amount due is patently not what I owe, unless its factoring in NEXT month's rent......

Holy shit. I knew this was going to be a clusterfuck as soon as I heard a 3rd party handled some portion of my monthly billing at this apartment. I'm the kind of person that pays bills immediately as I get them, so I don't forget. So this all makes very little sense to me why I receive a bill weeks ahead of time from someone I'm not supposed to pay for charges I owe to someone else in another fucking month. I don't even know how I'm supposed to pay my apartment complex what they supposedly owe YES ENERGY, because I was specifically told it was NOT GOING TO SHOW UP AS PART OF MY MONTHLY STATEMENT FROM THE APARTMENT COMPLEX. And yet somehow I'm supposed to pay them anyways.

I swear to god they make this complicated just so they can attempt to get people for defaulting on their bills.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 07:03:27 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8902 on: May 19, 2021, 07:23:36 pm »

Alright i'll remove it

Thanks, I appreciate it.  When I open the topic, your post is going to be the first thing to show until we get to a new page, and that is sorta traumatic.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8903 on: May 20, 2021, 01:55:35 am »

By the way, I'd just like to mention I appreciate your presence, ArchimedesWojak.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8904 on: May 20, 2021, 07:36:28 am »

By the way, I'd just like to mention I appreciate your presence, ArchimedesWojak.

Thanks
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8905 on: May 20, 2021, 02:54:35 pm »

Got to get up early so I can head to the shops before work to swap out the trousers I bought yesterday because I didn't have enough pairs for work.

See, when I bought two pairs that said "stretch", I thought it meant they'd stretch. I don't know what the mental flatliners that designed it thought that stretch meant, but it's not what the word actually means. The trousers have literally none anywhere. There isn't any in the legs, groin, waist or anything. If it was one pair then maybe I'd just bought a pair that had somehow been mislabelled, but it's two pairs of the things.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8906 on: May 20, 2021, 03:53:31 pm »

Thanks

Me too.
...even though I'm reasonably sure you're a computer simulation.  At least you're a friendly computer simulation!  :D

None

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8907 on: May 20, 2021, 06:45:28 pm »

My hair looks super nice today and I have no real reason to show it around. I didn't even use conditioner in the shower today, just put some in when I was all done. Agh.

Good news is that there's only echoes of ouchies where I stubbed my pinkey toe yesterday, so no real damage done there.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8908 on: May 20, 2021, 06:50:36 pm »

Pics or good hair didn’t happen.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

None

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8909 on: May 20, 2021, 07:31:15 pm »

Would like to, will not.

Curly hair's kind of a day-by-day thing, and a little unusual for my ethnicity, as pointed out at the auto repair shop today. I've had people asking me if I permed it since middle school. Since it's so long, I tie it back now, but I leave the bangs/curls down on one side for that excellent asymmetrical feeling.

Might get it trimmed for tidiness, but I think I'll keep it at its length for future haircuts. My vain ass has appreciated all the positive attention it's received since the pandemic started.
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 794