Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 794

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1123674 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #8925 on: May 26, 2021, 07:35:04 pm »

Hey guys what's the protocol if there are a very large group of people outside your neighbors house (sounds like a party of some kind i hear music) shouting sexist and homophobic slurs

You should go out and tell them that you’re going to tell their mothers’ if they don’t apologize immediately.

Alternatively, if they’re doing so in the street (particularly to passers by) call your local PD (not 911) and let them know. I had this happen to me when I was a youth, across the road from my house. Didn’t think I was making that much noise with a small group of people, but apparently one of my neighbours disagreed *shrug*
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8926 on: May 26, 2021, 07:49:59 pm »

Hey guys what's the protocol if there are a very large group of people outside your neighbors house (sounds like a party of some kind i hear music) shouting sexist and homophobic slurs

Go over and bum some free beer/weed off of them, they are most likely drunk/high.

And if you're under 21, go to the cops and say they gave you beer/weed, so they get arrested.

EDIT: Don't actually do this.  But you could.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8927 on: May 26, 2021, 07:57:12 pm »

Go over and bum some free beer/weed off of them, they are most likely drunk/high.

And if you're under 21, go to the cops and say they gave you beer/weed, so they get arrested.

EDIT: Don't actually do this.  But you could.

Both will happen

(probably not i don't feel like going outside right now)
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #8928 on: May 26, 2021, 09:21:45 pm »

i keep dropping garbanzo beans out of the shitty garbanzo bean burritos i shit together for dinner and if that's not a perfect metaphor or my life i don't know what is

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8929 on: May 26, 2021, 10:40:10 pm »

That's specifically correct.  (err, maybe).  Some beans are easier to digest than others.  I fully support a full-spectrum and multi-bean diet.  It will decrease stomach upset.  It will increase farts, if you don't balance with other things.

Ah hell this just looks like it increases bean farts /s
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

None

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8930 on: May 26, 2021, 11:29:58 pm »

oooh, yes! full of hot air! I'll make sure I add that to my next blurb of self loathing.  :P

With luck, I won't get The Farts, but knowing these innards, sometimes it just happens. Really don't need my nutrition making a ruckus the way it does.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8931 on: May 28, 2021, 08:08:52 pm »

For drawings: consider draw.io (app.diagrams.net).  It is a free, fairly complete diagram tool, and it even has "native" apps so you don't have to be online if you don't want to be. It can also export all kinds of useful diagram types (SVG, PNG, HTML, XML).  It has shape templates for most diagram types.

LibreOffice Draw does pretty much the same thing, I think. (Visio is the Microsoft Office equivalent.)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 08:11:29 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #8932 on: May 31, 2021, 06:31:50 pm »

The new meds work, but I'm experiencing the kind of headache you get when you sleep too much. Ow. It wasn't the wisest idea to ignore my shrink's advice to take it in the morning, instead opting for night, but now I know why. I'm not sure if I'd feel safe if I took it in the morning.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8933 on: May 31, 2021, 07:56:50 pm »

... you making sure to drink plenty of fluids? Post sleep headaches often have a dehydration component to them, so if the sensation is the same that might be involved.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

None

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8934 on: June 04, 2021, 09:51:05 am »

I got a "thanks but no thanks" email from a job I applied to.

Great, nice, sure, but I applied eleven months ago.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8935 on: June 04, 2021, 04:44:30 pm »

I am so goddamn tired and every muscle in my body is sore. Weve all been pulling overtime and double shifts, and doing extra work for people who needed a day off or got sick (from exactly what were doing) because we've been understaffed for three months straight. Now, I've only been working here three months, and I was hired to fill in for one of the people that quit. But three more people quit after I started, and only one joined, and really if we don't want to work any more double weeks we need 4 more people. This is a nursing home kitchen, so it's not like we can say "I don't feel like coming in today, I'm too tired" unless It puts us in danger of not working ever again or were contagious, because our residents need to eat. Corporate doesn't give a fuck about the situation. The whole reason people are leaving is because they're being offered more money for less work at other companies, but corporate refuses to let us offer more. We have posters and web postings everywhere, zero applicants according to my manager. They also refuse to let us hire a temp staffing agency to at least do the grunt work like washing dishes. We are so fucked. I am beyond exhausted, and stressed out, and angry, and at this point the only thing keeping me here is the need for health insurance, which finally kicked in on the first, but I haven't had a chance to schedule any appointments, because I'm too goddamn busy!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8936 on: June 04, 2021, 06:27:42 pm »

i keep dropping garbanzo beans out of the shitty garbanzo bean burritos i shit together for dinner and if that's not a perfect metaphor or my life i don't know what is

I'm going to get way too deep into burrito tech here.

First, did you overfill it? The most common reason for spillage.

Secondly, did you warm it before wrapping it? Most average commercial tortillas are have the consistency of freshly-dried paper mache when they're taken right out of the package. You gotta either put it in the microwave for 10 seconds to warm it up, or flip it over a gas burner a couple times to flame kiss it, get it pliable and warm and maybe just a hint of charring. This allows you to do the third thing.

How did you wrap it? An unwarmed tortilla can't do anything complicated before splitting. But when you warm it, you can apply sick burrito skills to make it spill proof. Put your serving along one side of the tortilla, a couple inches from am outer edge but off-center. Don't overfill it. Then fold up the bottom of the tortilla to like 1/3rd the height of the tortilla. Then do the same for the top. Then take the side that has the filling, pull the lip over the filling, making sure to get the bottom and top to fold along with it.  The just roll the burrito over until it's completely covered. The only way anything is coming out of that is by the top while you're eating or if the tortilla is too thin and splits (but usually because it's been overfilled.)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8937 on: June 04, 2021, 06:42:35 pm »

Huh that's helpful for me, my cold tortillas kept cracking and I just sorta powered through. Messy. Makes a lot of sense, thanks!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8938 on: June 04, 2021, 06:45:46 pm »

Really though, what’s the point in eating a burrito if you don’t make a fuckhuge mess?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8939 on: June 04, 2021, 06:49:22 pm »

The point then is eating a delicious burrito and not having a mess varyingly literally on hand. It's a good point, tasty with extra time to eat more burrito instead of dealing with a fuckhuge mess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 794