Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859065 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #8325 on: October 24, 2020, 11:13:39 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 12:14:53 pm by dragdeler »
let

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8326 on: October 24, 2020, 11:39:46 pm »

I just flirted with a crush of mine that things didn't pan out with. Why.

She didn't seem to mind at least. At one point I even said I was worried I was making her uncomfortable, to which she replied with "lol no," and on a separate occasion she texted me "wuv wu" (though probably platonically; she says that to the girls in our friend group often.) But I'm not sure if I even want to get together with her, I think COVID just amplified my loneliness and in turn any residual feelings I had for her. Hmm...
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8327 on: October 25, 2020, 11:30:20 am »

Not only does my mouse have a wheel middle button, but the wheel can be pushed to either side to scroll left or right. (Which it sucks at, because you don't get the fine control like you do with up/down.)

Got it back when Spore came out, and am long overdue for a new one.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8328 on: October 25, 2020, 07:04:19 pm »

Only 2 days left of my company being an independent organization.  We're being acquired...

We've been a subsidiary several times in our past, I don't know exactly why this time in particular makes me so uneasy.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8329 on: October 26, 2020, 03:38:38 am »

We've been a subsidiary several times in our past, I don't know exactly why this time in particular makes me so uneasy.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 03:40:28 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8330 on: October 28, 2020, 05:52:03 pm »

You have been acquired by the UAC Mars Branch. Enjoy.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8331 on: October 30, 2020, 07:15:14 am »

Tried to work a bit checking homework, I did felt useless not doing it until now although one of the TA's said I could wait until I get access to the newer system, but I felt useless not doing anything, but it's almost impossible writing any sort of math with the notes given to me, so I stay feeling unproductive.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8332 on: October 31, 2020, 05:20:30 am »

I was filming some of the highlights of this insane summer storm we've been having here throughout the day, and I ran out the back to capture the intensity of hail slamming down on this little metal awning at the back of the house. Unfortunately, the neighbours were all standing in the doorway of the house next door, presumably watching the storm as well. Kinda killed my enjoyment of the whole ordeal. At least I was more-or-less dressed, I suppose, even if I was dressed as some kind of hobo from Hawaii.   
Seriously though, this storm has been pretty wild. That metal awning? The noise on the tin roof itself was wild enough, but when hailstones hit that thing it sounded like gunshots, or at least big firecrackers. The lightning earlier was crazy, too. I don't think I've ever seen such continuous lightning.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8333 on: November 02, 2020, 09:38:08 am »

New games are starting to cease supporting Windows 7, which means I'm going to have to get Windows 10 soon if I want to play anything new. The idea does not fill me with relish.
I would not be surprised if it manages to slow down my computer on top of all the annoying little 'improvements'.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8334 on: November 02, 2020, 08:05:51 pm »

New games are starting to cease supporting Windows 7, which means I'm going to have to get Windows 10 soon if I want to play anything new. The idea does not fill me with relish.
I would not be surprised if it manages to slow down my computer on top of all the annoying little 'improvements'.

The only time I'm glad that my gaming laptop came with Windows 8.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8335 on: November 02, 2020, 08:23:18 pm »

Win 10 can be very annoying.
Try this, I've used it a couple of years and it works!

O&O ShutUp 10
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #8336 on: November 02, 2020, 08:57:43 pm »

My standard advice for anyone looking to "upgrade" to Windows 10: make damn sure your boot drive is an SSD. Trust me, on a HDD, Win 10 has a nasty tendency to slow down to a crawl over time. It doesn't matter which type of SSD you have, be it SATA or NVMe. As long as it's from a brand you've sorta heard of, it's probably good enough. I'd say 240 GB is the minimum you really want; with 120, you have to do some heavy shuffling of files to avoid filling it up. Depending on your budget (which I'd guess is "not much"), I'd go for a 480 GB SSD if you're willing to spend extra.

I cannot stress this enough. Get an SSD if you don't already have one, though make sure it's compatible with what you have. Those 2.5 inch SSDs are the safest bet; most desktops can take those as a drop-in replacement.

You can keep the old hard drive as a storage drive. Just don't install the OS onto it.

BTW, Windows 7 product keys work with Windows 10. Just write down your product key somewhere, then enter it during the install if it asks for it. I assume you know where to get Windows 10, but if not, here's Microsoft's official tool to upgrade to Win 10 or make a pendrive that has Win 10 on it. My understanding is that upgrading straight away lets you skip the product key entry part, since it just reads the current product key and gives you a digital license for Win 10. Then again, if you are replacing a HDD with an SSD, it's probably best to copy all the stuff you care about somewhere, do a clean install on the SSD, then put it all back onto your clean install of Win 10.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 09:13:29 pm by methylatedspirit »

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8337 on: November 02, 2020, 09:52:14 pm »

Win 10 can be very annoying.
Try this, I've used it a couple of years and it works!

O&O ShutUp 10
That does look useful, I'll hold on it, thanks.

I cannot stress this enough. Get an SSD if you don't already have one, though make sure it's compatible with what you have. Those 2.5 inch SSDs are the safest bet; most desktops can take those as a drop-in replacement.
I'll be keeping that in mind when the time comes to switch.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8338 on: November 03, 2020, 03:58:25 pm »

I bought Planet Zoo, but my computer can only just barely run it at all on the absolute minimum settings and the necessary parts are a bit outside my price range. Disappointing, since I've always been a big fan of the Zoo Tycoon games. I'll just keep it in my library and wait until I get something that can play it someday.

*Anyway, at least Prehistoric Kingdom should be releasing reasonably soon. If the demo was any indication, I should be able to play that.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 04:00:22 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8339 on: November 07, 2020, 05:54:30 am »

There is today a celebration of my cousin going to the military, haven't met that side of the family for a while even without the Corona, but I am sneezing and might be sick today so I haven't gone.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 779