Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 794

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1116203 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #8340 on: November 07, 2020, 01:06:09 pm »

Surprising absolutely nobody, the second incarnation of the C:DDA thread has been locked. How many pages did it take this time compared to the first one?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8341 on: November 07, 2020, 01:29:33 pm »

Are you sure? Cause I just checked and it doesn't seem locked at all. I also don't see any drama either.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8342 on: November 07, 2020, 03:54:56 pm »

That's not the DDA thread. I think it might be our fourth Cataclysm thread though.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #8343 on: November 07, 2020, 08:24:07 pm »

Precisely. The locked thread is buried a few pages back because naturally all the other threads kept ahead of it in updates

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #8344 on: November 08, 2020, 05:26:01 am »

NG1999 is still gone. She was cool.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #8345 on: November 08, 2020, 03:04:34 pm »

I'm a little worried

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8346 on: November 09, 2020, 02:38:06 pm »

Jeopardy's Alex Trebek apparently kicked the bucket a day ago. Cancer finally got him. His last episode airs sometime this December :-\

Never a big fan or anything, but the show's been running steadily literally longer than I've been alive, so... yeah.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8347 on: November 09, 2020, 03:10:00 pm »

F

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8348 on: November 11, 2020, 01:58:19 pm »

I tested positive for covid - unsurprisingly - and have a further two weeks off work (really a week and a half now) and maybe another test before I can return?

Anyway, instead of incessantly refreshing my emails so I know when I get my test results, I am incessantly refreshing my emails so I can get the paperwork I need to fill in so I can keep my job while not being paid because hey even though being in retail is important it’s not so important we actually want you to feel valuable or anything.

My chest also feels as though it contains a small hive of angry bees, so it’s probably a good thing I don’t have to go back yet.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8349 on: November 11, 2020, 10:17:23 pm »

Sorry to hear it, hector, but at least you know for sure now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8350 on: November 15, 2020, 12:59:42 am »

I watched Dead Man’s Shoes for the first time in about 15 years.

It is a rather brutal film about a former soldier coming to take revenge on the people who mistreated his younger brother who has a learning disability.

Not entirely sure why I watched it ‘cause I knew it would be hard going. It’s a good film, though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8351 on: November 15, 2020, 01:22:38 am »

I watched Dead Man’s Shoes for the first time in about 15 years.

It is a rather brutal film about a former soldier coming to take revenge on the people who mistreated his younger brother who has a learning disability.

Not entirely sure why I watched it ‘cause I knew it would be hard going. It’s a good film, though.
this doesn’t sound upsetting, did you mean to post in a different thread? Or is there something I missed?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8352 on: November 15, 2020, 07:42:49 am »

Probably the rather brutal revenge part? Maybe? If it'd help any, you might check imdb's content advisory page for the movie in question. Just going by what's mentioned there, the general atmosphere of the movie involves a lot of violence and very troubled people doing fairly messed up stuff. Hard going, as hec puts it.

e: Though, uh, ware spoilers if you scroll too far down that page, 'cause there's some big ones.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 08:05:57 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8353 on: November 15, 2020, 12:05:30 pm »

I was a bit confused though, since hector13 mentioned it was a good film, implying he wasn’t upset by it, at least to me

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8354 on: November 15, 2020, 12:08:35 pm »

A good film can be upsetting. If stirring strong emotions is the goal of the movie, then it's a good film even if it makes you sad.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 794