Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 793

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1113431 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #7710 on: July 14, 2020, 01:10:58 am »

I don't even to that for my own health
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7711 on: July 14, 2020, 02:05:55 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 12:08:28 pm by dragdeler »
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7712 on: July 14, 2020, 03:43:06 am »

My friend's cats aren't overweight at all, they're just... Really big cats. While all three are female, the largest ended up taking heavily after her dad and now dwarfs all the males from her litter at a (again, quite healthy) whopping 23lbs

And since said friend happens to be on the petite side herself, this means her cats are hilariously large in proportion

EDIT: From Wikipedia, "Large Maine Coons can overlap in length with Eurasian lynxes, although with a much lighter build and lower height."

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7713 on: July 14, 2020, 12:30:49 pm »

Been meaning to ask this one girl out for a bit now, last two days I even went so far as to add her on the social medias and whatnot. Now I've been staring at that send message button and my mind has been doing what it does best, thinking up an infinity of reasons to not do it. The fucker is pretty good at that kind of shit seeing as it gets a ton of practice on a nearly daily basis :c

Oh well, here goes nothing I guess.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7714 on: July 14, 2020, 02:48:40 pm »

WELL?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7715 on: July 14, 2020, 02:50:12 pm »

Oh well, here goes nothing I guess.
There ya go, mate!

So long as you show you can act like an adult in whatever outcome, it's really not that dangerous to ask someone out. Just because you want to go on a date with someone doesn't necessarily mean that you think they're your one true love-- it just means you find them attractive in one way or another and would like to spend some time with them.

Making that "casual" aspect clear both 1) Makes it easier for someone to accept, since they won't feel like they're obliging themselves to anything super serious that they can't walk back on, and 2) Makes it more likely that relations will be cordial in the event of a rejection.

Just throw yourself out there enough until you get to the point where you can actually slow your own self down and just appreciate the lighter side of dating/flirting, and it'll get vastly easier.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7716 on: July 14, 2020, 02:53:45 pm »

But what happened :[        ]

Also yeah, take it slow. No need to ramp things up to max anytime soon at all.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #7717 on: July 15, 2020, 04:26:18 am »

I fucked up and had to reinstall Linux Mint on my HTPC due to a botched update to version 20, which means I lost all of the settings and configs I had on that thing. It also turns out that if you encrypted your home directory like I did, it gets very difficult to recover any files from there, so I just gave up. Now all the movies and TV shows on the internal disk are also gone. Shit.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7718 on: July 15, 2020, 08:34:31 am »

I fucked up and had to reinstall Linux Mint on my HTPC due to a botched update to version 20, which means I lost all of the settings and configs I had on that thing. It also turns out that if you encrypted your home directory like I did, it gets very difficult to recover any files from there, so I just gave up. Now all the movies and TV shows on the internal disk are also gone. Shit.

Where the shows encrypted as well, or just the home directory?

Because you may be able to retrieve them by using a different operating system.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #7719 on: July 15, 2020, 09:02:51 am »

The shows were in the home directory, and were also encrypted by virtue of being in the home directory. The thing with the home directory is that, even if you were to decrypt the volume with its password, Linux deliberately unmounts the home directory, and leaves it encrypted. You have run some commands to get it to mount, but nothing I tried worked. At that point, I decided to cut my losses and just reinstalled Linux Mint, because dealing with that bullshit is beyond me. There wasn't anything that I'd regret losing on that disk anyway.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7720 on: July 15, 2020, 10:17:49 am »

But what happened :[        ]

Also yeah, take it slow. No need to ramp things up to max anytime soon at all.

Seeing as I was out of this whole relationship and dating thing for a while now (like, years) the most terrifying prospect wasn't really the asking or the rejection I think. It was her saying yes, because that pulls the whole thing out of my head and makes it oh so terrifyingly real (which is both a great and terrible thing)

Oh and she's busy this week, so we'll figure out something for next week I guess. Which seems to be just putting off the inevitable xd
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7721 on: July 15, 2020, 12:34:38 pm »

Hooray? She agreed to a date? Yay?

I'm going with yay.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7722 on: July 15, 2020, 04:20:55 pm »

Seeing as I was out of this whole relationship and dating thing for a while now (like, years) the most terrifying prospect wasn't really the asking or the rejection I think. It was her saying yes, because that pulls the whole thing out of my head and makes it oh so terrifyingly real (which is both a great and terrible thing)

Oh and she's busy this week, so we'll figure out something for next week I guess. Which seems to be just putting off the inevitable xd

New friend, yay. At least, I'm assuming it's a new friendship, as you said that you recently added her on social medias?
Disregarding the other part of it which I'm not very equipped to comment on. But having friendly humans around is very important.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7723 on: July 15, 2020, 04:32:40 pm »

I know the feels Jopax. Been outta the game for a long time, finally connected with someone....and it was like "Oh shit, this is happening. Now what do I do?" Turns out, she had pretty much the same feelings. A total lack of knowing what to do or where to go from the basic "Yes I'm attracted to you" level.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7724 on: July 16, 2020, 09:43:01 am »

So since lots of places ramped up emergency alcogel production there's been lots of complaints of stinky alcogel (up to customers in the store refusing to use it because of the smell). Saying that it smells just like booze, like really bad booze, and that it doesn't come off.

I've been lucky to avoid getting any of those products on my hands until today when I visited the local health centre for a shot.

I thought they were just being petulant but boy do my hands drink now. It's bad enough to give me a headache.

Sigh, the things I do for lovethe barely minimum anti-epidemic spread efforts

Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 793