Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 794

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1115691 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #7395 on: May 04, 2020, 04:29:22 pm »

I didn't know that about Gmail and now I have to use it
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7396 on: May 05, 2020, 12:30:16 am »

I still don't get it what
Love, scriver~

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7397 on: May 05, 2020, 06:05:19 am »

The email thing?

Gmail ignores everything after the + symbol, which is technically a legitimate character in an email address. So if you own scriver@gmail.com you also own virtually infinite extra addresses such as scriver+bay12@gmail.com

You can then give out these sub-addresses instead of your main address and it makes it easier to filter or block stuff.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7398 on: May 05, 2020, 11:42:02 am »

I didn't get back to this thread before, but I wanted to say thanks for all the support.  :)
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7399 on: May 06, 2020, 06:49:14 pm »

I woke up this morning at 12.30 with quite awful acid reflux and a strong need to poop.

Evidently chugging a couple of antacids and pooping did not alleviate matters for when I rose from bed at 6.30, and while at work I did not know which end of my digestive tract to be more worried about when I had to pick something up, an unfortunately frequent occurrence since my job is to pick up boxes.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7400 on: May 06, 2020, 07:11:53 pm »

I'm an English teacher. I think I'm pretty charismatic, insofar as every time I've had an interview, I've gotten a job offer right after, even for jobs I wasn't 100% qualified for.

During all this with the virus, I've been looking for online teaching jobs instead. None of them do interviews, and most don't pay until you've done a number of free lessons, and are currently flooded with other people looking to do the same or Americans struggling to make ends meet. I've gotten shot down on three or four platforms just by them looking at my resume (no idea why - nearly 10 years of applicable experience). It's been frustrating.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7401 on: May 07, 2020, 04:41:40 am »

The email thing?

Gmail ignores everything after the + symbol, which is technically a legitimate character in an email address. So if you own scriver@gmail.com you also own virtually infinite extra addresses such as scriver+bay12@gmail.com

You can then give out these sub-addresses instead of your main address and it makes it easier to filter or block stuff.

Ah, so the point is to sort by what address your email arrive addressed to?

...does it still work if my address happen to be scriver.lastname@gmail.com?
Love, scriver~

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #7402 on: May 09, 2020, 11:35:24 pm »

Out of context thread is locked. And I had such a good quote too. I GUESS I'LL HAVE TO PUT IT HERE, MR. HELLBINDER. Might want to change "still chugging" in the title too, eh?

To quote RTRTD: DAMMIT DERM!

((and the awful truth is revealed: we are corona.))

Ok, time for me to stop being passive-aggressive and go back to just passive.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 11:54:05 pm by Eschar »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7403 on: May 10, 2020, 03:43:18 am »

So what happened was I indirectly applied context, Derm told us to not do that, and then someone else said that they were bored and wanted to see Derm’s wrath again. I think locking the thread was Derm’s wrath. I didn’t mention the thread at all, just that it was found on this forum. That’s not enough information to glean what the context of the quote was, as there are thousands of topics here

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7404 on: May 10, 2020, 04:05:04 am »

There being no context at all, is the source of the fun, and the purpose that thread exists for. That information is INTENTIONALLY withheld.

As for my own minor irritation:

Had to take a tuberculin skin test 6 months early today, because my workplace apparently can't keep records straight. (Basically, they shoot about 1 to 2 mL of concentrated tuberculin-- a protein found on the tuberculosis pathogen's cell membrane-- under your skin, and check to see if your body has ever been exposed to tuberculosis organisms by noting presence or absence of an inflammatory reaction at the injection site.) Normally this test is done once ever 12 months, and is to assure that you are not a silent carrier for the pathogen, and or, have never been exposed to the pathogen. It is required for healthcare workers for the purposes of quality control in public health.

However, I last had mine 6 months ago, sometime around November-December. It is 6 months too soon for another test.

I am thinking either they are not keeping good records here, or they are wanting to be proactively certain of fitness for service, due to increased state mandated requirements due to the pandemic, or some shit.  Never mind that tuberculosis is not related to covid-19 in any real capacity, other than that having both at the same time is likely to result in your being dead as hell.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7405 on: May 10, 2020, 04:56:42 am »

Yeah, there isn't supposed to be any context or discussion, just quotes.
A little bit of chatter you can generally get away with, but lengthy conversations are rightfully quashed. There was a separate thread for OOCQ discussion at one point, but I guess it never really took off.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7406 on: May 10, 2020, 05:22:38 am »

It was too paradoxical
Love, scriver~

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7407 on: May 10, 2020, 06:05:45 am »

So what happened was I indirectly applied context, Derm told us to not do that, and then someone else said that they were bored and wanted to see Derm’s wrath again. I think locking the thread was Derm’s wrath. I didn’t mention the thread at all, just that it was found on this forum. That’s not enough information to glean what the context of the quote was, as there are thousands of topics here

Pretty sure the lock was due to pisskop's "Pull your head out of your ass" quote, which links directly to the OP when clicked.

The OP states: "There are to be no quotes specifically involving the crotch/ass region solely because it involves the region."
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7408 on: May 10, 2020, 08:48:34 am »

Pretty sure the lock was due to pisskop's "Pull your head out of your ass" quote, which links directly to the OP when clicked.

The OP states: "There are to be no quotes specifically involving the crotch/ass region solely because it involves the region."
oh, I didn’t click the quote and thought it was just from another post

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #7409 on: May 10, 2020, 09:18:39 am »

And on yet another front, I PM'd Derm and he said his reasons for locking it had to do with Egan.
Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 794