Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 793

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1108562 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #4815 on: October 28, 2018, 08:20:47 am »

to the gallows
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: October 28, 2018, 08:22:42 am »

Don’t visit me, then. You’ll have a religious/epileptic fit.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: October 28, 2018, 11:04:30 am »

please kill all picky eaters on planet earth

there is a hard limit to how picky you're allowed to be- you can have a few foods you don't like and won't eat but thats it

ex: i wont eat beans and i dont like eggs on their own
My friend's girlfriend/ex/ex-ex once famously told him "I'm not picky, you're just not normal"

I'll eat anything. I don't like beets or Brussels sprouts... But I'll eat them. Same with lamb.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: October 28, 2018, 11:51:16 am »

Somewhat relevant, I bought a new jar of pickles recently because I managed to chow through the last one in a briny green flash.

I decided to try and find some proper dill pickles, as none of the ones I've been eating recently have had dill (spicy peppers and garlic, yes, but no dill). Unfortunately, this jar appears to be a jar of sweet dill pickles, which are only acceptable when consumed in a tuna sandwich. I don't have any tuna. They're also not of the firmest consistency, which is almost as saddening as their sweet flavor.

Can anything be done? Can I try and salt the brine in the hopes that they'll change their heretical ways? Or am I doomed to make the choice between picking up a major tuna habit for the next few weeks and throwing out a jar of potentially edible food?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: October 28, 2018, 12:25:34 pm »

Because there exist people who like less spice than you do, shockingly.
The fried chicken place near here has a "medium" that's actually very hot.

Nah I mean like the 'medium' doesn't even have discernable spice. If you're going to make a food that has spice in the ingredients and then remove the spice, don't call it that dish. I think they call it 'medium' because people want to eat curry but don't like spice but they won't buy 'mild' stuff because 'mild' is embarrassing to buy. Even when the 'medium' is more like "meat stew with cumin" rather than curry. the scaling is terrible because instead of considering the average person to buy it to be thinking "ah, this curry is usually a spicy food, medium will be quite spicy" they are catering to the people who hate anything spicy at all.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: October 28, 2018, 12:42:20 pm »

Somewhat relevant, I bought a new jar of pickles recently because I managed to chow through the last one in a briny green flash.

I decided to try and find some proper dill pickles, as none of the ones I've been eating recently have had dill (spicy peppers and garlic, yes, but no dill). Unfortunately, this jar appears to be a jar of sweet dill pickles, which are only acceptable when consumed in a tuna sandwich. I don't have any tuna. They're also not of the firmest consistency, which is almost as saddening as their sweet flavor.

Can anything be done? Can I try and salt the brine in the hopes that they'll change their heretical ways? Or am I doomed to make the choice between picking up a major tuna habit for the next few weeks and throwing out a jar of potentially edible food?
Wow this actually happened to me, almost exactly the same situation.  I finished up my dill pickles and started in on some I got on special, only to find them disgustingly sweet (I don't eat sweet much).  I hate wasting food but...  I eventually had to just toss most of the jar.  Mildly sad.  Won't happen again.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: October 28, 2018, 01:33:46 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:02:41 pm by dragdeler »
let

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: October 28, 2018, 02:35:20 pm »

Sad: my drunken shenanigans last night could have been a helluva lot more effective if I was better at ditching people. Instead, I wound up hanging out with one "friend" whilst all the other folks I'd just met went on to greener pastures.

I wont eat beans
What sort of beans??
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: October 28, 2018, 02:36:10 pm »

go vinegar or go home
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: October 28, 2018, 07:32:50 pm »

Usual evening ritual here, always at least as much fun as the last time. Meh.

In slightly different news, I got in touch with pretty much the only experienced DnD player/GM I know, and I wanted to talk mechanics because I had some 5e questions.

It became clear fairly quickly that any questions or opinions I might have had on the subject were entirely unnecessary and unwelcome. Instead, I got to listen to her spit vitriol at both the players who were dumb/annoying enough to do things like X, and the vindictive GMs who banned X because they hate fun and life.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4825 on: October 28, 2018, 08:18:12 pm »

I chose an option I didn't want to choose, by complete accident, in Emily is Away, and the ramifications are not going away.

On the other hand, the game is very good at making choices matter.

EDIT: And by the final chapter, I've messed things up so badly that I can't even correct them - the game edits all my attempts at making amends with Emily.

Holy armok, this game has made me so sad. When
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 08:44:57 pm by Eschar »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: October 28, 2018, 08:51:20 pm »

I think that plate of wedges and hommus I ate last night (when I should have been pursuing additional party opportunities) has disagreed with me.
Of course, the general substance abuse might have something to do with it as well. I was supposed to be somewhere in an hour, now I'll be lucky if I'm off the can by then, much less organized and on a train...
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: October 31, 2018, 01:09:26 am »

Not sure if I've pulled a muscle, developed costochondritis, fractured a rib or what, but this bothersome chest pain doesn't seem like it plans on clearing up any time soon.
I have drinking and music appreciation to do tonight, damnit! I don't have time to go sit in the public clinic for hours in the hopes that some at least semi-competent doctor will find a moment to check it out before closing time!

Maybe I'll pretend that I know what it is and go hit up the chemist for some anti-inflammatory painkillers to keep me fighting fit...
Booze is Life for Yoink

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4828 on: October 31, 2018, 02:27:19 am »

Pretty much the same that happened to me.
Hopefully I'll be able to participate next time.
Or if I'm not so lucky, at least at the actual launch of the game.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: October 31, 2018, 05:01:57 am »

I don't think there's hope for the pickles. I tried making some tuna sandwiches, and while the sandwiches were perfectly tasty and certainly made the pickles more palatable, it still just wasn't enough to get past the sweetness and softness of those cukes.

I'm afraid I'll have to put them out of my misery.
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 793