Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 858992 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #3945 on: June 07, 2018, 07:14:45 am »

Noisy people on the train. Looks like there's at least one small child in the next carriage, so there's not much point going to the effort of moving. So much for a nice, relaxing trip with my nose in a book-- oh wait!
The worst offenders just got off a few stops before me! Though now morons behind me seem to be filling the gap. Ugh. I should really get a more portable cord for my headphones already.

Heh, try living with one... The front-and-center widescreen TV in our 24m2 one-room apartment is blasting either the Jenna and Julien podcast or the H3 podcast, while she's sewing some rag on the sewing machine, while she's babbling about some random nothing at me and getting irritated because I'm not listening enough to her, when I'm just trying to play a god damn game for once that day, because I can't start anything that might last over the period when she gets home, since any distraction from her glorious re-entry into the apartment is sacrilege that I will not hear the end of and that will be tallied against me for days to come in random infantile outbursts of pent-up frustration with how I'm not standing around giving her kisses all day.

Fucking fuck this place.

And no, I don't get to bring this up with her. Any indication that I'm less-than-exuberant with anything in our relationship is tantamount to a physical slap in the face and will send her crying into the bathroom for an hour before she returns and lets me hear about how I never clean up around here, how I don't pull my weight financially (despite handing her the money to pay for 70% of the expenses several months running now), how I don't support her enough (of course I'm not fucking over-the-moon excited about your newfound lifelong passion for being a seamstress, it's your 5th hobby in 3 months for chrissakes, that you've yet again shat expensive space-consuming accessories for all over the apartment that will never be used because this one is going to hold for about as long as any and every one of the others), and how I "never talk calmly about things before bursting out in aggression" despite it being made perfectly clear that I'm not allowed to do that without suffering the painful consequences of her sulking like a goddamn child for days afterwards.

Oh, yeah, and my career guidance counselor says I need to write up a plan to structure my days better and get me performing more activities. Just writing the list feels overwhelming, the idea of actually doing any more activities sounds outright insurmountable. I can just about go to an appointment and then maybe swing by the grocery store on the way back, if it's been a decent day and I've slept marginally well. You want me to take a shower, spend some time doing housework and go for a walk on the same day as well? Good fucking luck with that one, matey.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: June 12, 2018, 08:33:23 am »

I caught Blade Runner 2049 finally... wow what a lackluster movie and unworthy sequel. It had some sparkle to it, but on the whole it's infected with the typical Hollywood BS that ruins every big budget movie nowadays.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: June 12, 2018, 10:23:13 am »

I really enjoyed it, but it and Deadpool were pretty much the only new movies I saw in 2017 (and none in 2018).  So I might not be tired of the elements you are.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: June 14, 2018, 09:26:34 am »

Noticed the existence of the secret of mana collection thing released on switch last year. Shortly found out it didn't entail finally seeing an official english localization for SD3. Mild sadness.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: June 14, 2018, 10:01:18 pm »

Heh, try living with one...
Man, that sounds pretty awful. I don't have any advice to give, but I hope things improve soon (or better yet, have already improved) somehow. :-\   

My own Mild Sad: been trying to fix up my sleep schedule, but an accidental nap yesterday kinda hamstrung the attempt. If I wasn't so broke (and didn't need to save money for a trip into the city tomorrow) I'd grab some energy drink to stave of that sort of tiredness... ah who am I kidding, I could afford to splurge on energy drink I'm just too lazy and tired to go to the supermarket.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: June 14, 2018, 11:45:46 pm »

Noisy people on the train. Looks like there's at least one small child in the next carriage, so there's not much point going to the effort of moving. So much for a nice, relaxing trip with my nose in a book-- oh wait!
The worst offenders just got off a few stops before me! Though now morons behind me seem to be filling the gap. Ugh. I should really get a more portable cord for my headphones already.
Don't you have trains with silence wagons over yonder? Our trains are about 20% silence wagon, for people who want to read/work.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: June 15, 2018, 12:03:37 am »

commuter rail is basically dead in the US.

What does exist, tends to be old and dilapidated. Amtrak stations that look like they are straight out of a fallout game. Cars that look like they were in a graffiti contest, and smell like they are home to the homeless.

I understand that Europe has very nice trains.  Not so much here.

Feast your eyes on these AMAZING transit centers.

Spoiler: "Topeka ks" (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: "Hutchinson ks" (click to show/hide)

At least Wichita's and KC's look nice.
Spoiler: "Wichita ks" (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: "Kansas City" (click to show/hide)

But most others? Yeah. Run-down, shitty brutalist style buildings, rundown interiors, etc.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 12:17:40 am by wierd »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: June 15, 2018, 12:28:20 am »

Yoink lives in 'straya, though. Which might be similar to 'murrica in terms of transit, I dunno.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: June 15, 2018, 05:52:00 am »

My understanding is that it's pretty terrible, but more used than US.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: June 15, 2018, 07:40:42 am »

That Kansas City pic is beautiful.
Love, scriver~

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: June 15, 2018, 07:59:03 am »

The train system in Melbourne is well used to get in and out of the city.
Overall I think it's maintained fairly well but stations could do with better cleaning and facilities. One of the bigger issues I think is the need for new stations since the suburbs have expanded quite a lot since the 80s - 90s. Several stations reaching further out to the south east into the country were closed around 1993 but with larger populations out there having them reopened would be beneficial. Though more lines would be needed leading into the city as it does get crowded during peak hours.

Camberwell Station in Eastern Suburbs.
Richmond Station. Major station leading out to eastern/southern suburbs.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: June 16, 2018, 08:15:38 pm »

Don't you have trains with silence wagons over yonder? Our trains are about 20% silence wagon, for people who want to read/work.
Sounds like our trains are better than the US (though personally I see graffiti as a good thing as long as it doesn't impact the comfort or function of a vehicle) but not as good as yours.

My home state had 'quiet carriages' in every train, which was a wonderful idea though as far as I'm aware it was never enforced - Melbourne has no such thing.
Also I think Melbourne's trains are for the most part more reliable (as well as less comfortable but more space-efficient) than the ones in Brisbane, but their bus services are inferior by far. Melbourne has trams, which tend to be more popular, but I personally loathe them.

New Mild Sad: went to sleep early, probably at around nine or so because I was dang tired... dreamed of butts, woke up to my alarm going off and shortly went back to bed due to it being cold. Also I realised I hadn't been paid yet, which was rather disheartening.
Woke up an indeterminate time later, feeling as though I'd slept in 'til five or something awful like that, turns out it's only ten in the morning but is a miserable, overcast rainy day.

I was supposed to go visit friends today but I don't know if I can be bothered in this weather. Also I didn't get around to taking my clothes off the line over the past couple of days... shit.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: June 17, 2018, 04:15:43 am »

Living in America, passenger trains seem so cool. They exist here, but they're not popular or common; railroads are very common, but they're practically only used for freight trains. I've never been on a passenger train, but it'd be cool to ride one just for the novelty of it.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: June 17, 2018, 04:46:22 am »

Sounds like our trains are better than the US (though personally I see graffiti as a good thing as long as it doesn't impact the comfort or function of a vehicle) but not as good as yours.
Our trains are awesome and plentiful, but it comes at a price.
Tickets are pretty darn expensive. I can get a retour flight ticket to Madrid or Budapest for the same price as I can get a retour train ticket to Amsterdam  :P
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: June 17, 2018, 06:21:43 am »

British rail is damn expensive too, I think I heard it was cheaper to fly buisness class from Birmingham to Santander, stay a few days and then fly to London than to take the train.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 779