Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859020 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: remove burrito edition
« Reply #3060 on: July 24, 2017, 10:05:03 am »

This is why we need customizability.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: July 24, 2017, 04:28:40 pm »

Is anyone having trouble with steam today? Mine is running ungodly fucking slow and rebooting both Steam and my PC hasn't done anything to help it. Combined with listening to my burnt-from-too-much-pot Grandma never stop fuckin' prattling on and on and on about how hard her life is, and I'm getting a raging headache.

Edit: omg seconds after this someone on discord told me a fix im cry so happy
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 04:33:14 pm by KingofstarrySkies »
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: July 24, 2017, 04:39:34 pm »

Is anyone having trouble with steam today? Mine is running ungodly fucking slow and rebooting both Steam and my PC hasn't done anything to help it. Combined with listening to my burnt-from-too-much-pot Grandma never stop fuckin' prattling on and on and on about how hard her life is, and I'm getting a raging headache.

Edit: omg seconds after this someone on discord told me a fix im cry so happy

I reinstalled and it started working
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: July 24, 2017, 04:46:18 pm »

I just ran it as an admin
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: July 24, 2017, 08:57:16 pm »

Looks like I'm going to have to find a new laptop soonish. I'm pretty sure the harddrive is dying, if its not the motherboard itself. That issue with 100% disk usage despite doing nothing and thereby not being able to accomplish anything in less than ten minutes has become ever-present, not to mention none of my issues with windows 10 have been remedied by anything I've tried (programs and games still crash without warning, error message, or reason, almost like clockwork)

Maybe I'll find something cheapish and install linux/ubuntu on it and figure out how to run windows in a partition or whatever.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: July 25, 2017, 12:31:28 pm »

I found out I had to get up 5 hours early today.

I found this out late last night.

I am a sleepy person today.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: July 25, 2017, 12:41:38 pm »

Looks like I'm going to have to find a new laptop soonish. I'm pretty sure the harddrive is dying, if its not the motherboard itself. That issue with 100% disk usage despite doing nothing and thereby not being able to accomplish anything in less than ten minutes has become ever-present, not to mention none of my issues with windows 10 have been remedied by anything I've tried (programs and games still crash without warning, error message, or reason, almost like clockwork)

Maybe I'll find something cheapish and install linux/ubuntu on it and figure out how to run windows in a partition or whatever.

Dumb question:

Is the .net optimization service being a pig headed bitch (again)?  Microsoft is so in love with the idea of pushing updates every damn day along with the aganozingly painful developer belief that end user time and compute resources are infinite (but developer time is finite and precious), that it pushes updates to .net frameworks like they were like applying deodorant or something-- and the resulting "Optimization pass" of the optimizer service will hold your CPU at 100% for HOURS after each an every update to the .net frameworks.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dotnet/2013/08/06/wondering-why-mscorsvw-exe-has-high-cpu-usage-you-can-speed-it-up/

Notice the "Suck it up, buttercup!" tone of the writing. Note the capricious lack of "How do I make it stop doing this!?" in the explanation.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: July 25, 2017, 04:10:13 pm »

It actually hasnt been, to my knowledge. I never see it there at the top when i look at task manager. Task manager just reports 100% diak usage at all times, even when theres only one program using 0.1mb/s and nothing else going on.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: July 25, 2017, 04:48:13 pm »

Doc check check doc? Could be a lot of thing (sinuses come to mind, ferex), could be nothing, hard to tell. Probably not major, but at the same time head pains and notable cognitive shifts can be indicative of the proverbial Bad Things.

Similar sad, the (non-visual snow) hallucinations seem to be getting somewhat more common/insistent. Waking up from a nap to find the far wall looked like carpet instead of wall kinda' hammered that in a little harder than normal. Fortunately still largely harmless and minor, but it's a bit unfortunate given it had been pretty steady since they started happening.

All things considered I'd be happier knowing if the unidentifiable insect critter occasionally digging through the wall is or is not actually there. Wall staying the same shape and all, all the time instead of most of the time, would be nice, too, really.

On the plus (?) side, I guess I have a better idea of whether I would particularly enjoy hallucinogens, now. As with opioids, the answer is apparently "No, not really." The snow's alright and dreaming isn't too bad, but anything beyond that looks to be a bit of sensory fuckery I would really prefer to not deal with.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: July 25, 2017, 05:08:45 pm »

It actually hasnt been, to my knowledge. I never see it there at the top when i look at task manager. Task manager just reports 100% diak usage at all times, even when theres only one program using 0.1mb/s and nothing else going on.

It runs under SYSTEM credentials, so you have to push the "tasks from all users" button to see it.  I will bet you money it is the damn .net optimization service, once again turning tricks in the back alley when nobody is looking.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: July 25, 2017, 08:51:36 pm »

Sometime between now and the last time I decided to quit everything forever, I must have uninstalled Android Studio and the Android SDK. Now I have to go through the whole arduous process of downloading, installing, downloading some more... AUUUUGH
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: July 25, 2017, 08:54:52 pm »

Well as can be expected, really. Ain't really the hallucinatory aspect that's terribly troublesome, exactly, just that it's having trouble stabilizing. Somewhat upsetting compared to previous weeks/months, but on the whole until it gets seriously out of line it's probably not going to bother me much. I've been hallucinating 24/7 my entire life, this is just a new sort, heh.

... a new sort that I don't enjoy nearly as much as the old sort it's started supplementing, but still. Multi-decade veteran of seeing shit what ain't there.

And yeah, tension could do it. Also possible your eyes are starting to weaken (or weaken more). Been starting to get headaches almost certainly caused by that myself in the last... month or two. Really need to get around to having a checkup...

Anyway, just be sure to keep an eye on it and hit up a doc if it persists and/or intensifies, yeh. Probably ain't no thang but you generally don't want to screw around with persistent head pains. Brainmeats be important, yo'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: July 26, 2017, 02:14:46 am »

Sitting around playing videogames for too long always makes me feel like a piece of shit, especially when combined with food. Wasn't even eating the usual kind of junk food during today's gaming binge, though  -had a few pieces of Turkish /Lebanese bread with avocado, salt and pepper, which is presumably healthier than crisps but makes me feel like no less of a disgusting slob.

At least I didn't really have anything better to do today, anyway.
Perhaps my impatience for tomorrow's plans in addition to the cruddy weather outside have both contributed, causing me to feel worse than I really need to. Also, had a lot of dreams last night that I no longer remember.

Edit: yes, I think I shall blame my current feelings of crumminess on the extreme amount of lazing around I did earlier.
Or maybe I've a little bit of indigestion. Or it could be that I didn't sleep well last night.
Hard to say, it could even be a combination of all of the above and more. Right now, it's just about time to sleep.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 08:51:27 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: July 26, 2017, 05:51:51 pm »

Back still hurts. Had to do x-rays, so I had to give up my pants. also have to visit physical therapist and work comp doctor weekly for at least 3 weeks.
I make Spellcrafts!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: July 26, 2017, 08:36:06 pm »

I'm certain I have a fairly large pimple deep in my ear canal. I can just barely reach the edge of it with my longest fingernail but God does it hurt.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 779