Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 859266 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2205 on: November 28, 2016, 04:35:01 pm »

I bought Mortal Kombat XL like a week ago for $40 and now it's $23.

Fuck you too, Steem.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: THE CLAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW edition
« Reply #2206 on: November 28, 2016, 05:00:29 pm »

Feeling mentally exhausted but still having anxiety! Not a good feeling for the moment.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: November 28, 2016, 05:18:36 pm »

*hugs*

What are you worrying about?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: November 28, 2016, 05:47:15 pm »

...That is terrifying.

Abusers may have their own issues, but it doesn't excuse the actions...

*hugs*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: November 29, 2016, 02:45:32 pm »

Scholarship essay, I have to write about something I did that benefited the school/my community/all mankind/the multiverse. I can't think of a single helpful or important thing I've done in my life. The best I can think of is to exaggerate my aborted attempt at a Python tutorial series that didn't even break ten minutes of content, and make it seem like that was a selfless dedication of my time to the betterment of others.

Maybe I should have volunteered or something, instead of shitposting on Bay12 and not finishing anything I start.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: November 29, 2016, 03:24:16 pm »

Scholarship essay, I have to write about something I did that benefited the school/my community/all mankind/the multiverse. I can't think of a single helpful or important thing I've done in my life. The best I can think of is to exaggerate my aborted attempt at a Python tutorial series that didn't even break ten minutes of content, and make it seem like that was a selfless dedication of my time to the betterment of others.

Maybe I should have volunteered or something, instead of shitposting on Bay12 and not finishing anything I start.
Probably-not-so-great advice: Write about how you haven't done anything like that, focusing on why. Whether you'll even be considered will on the instructor judging it, I imagine, but it might be your only option.

Edit: Alternatively, focus on other scholarships (if any are available).
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 03:27:34 pm by Elephant Parade »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: November 29, 2016, 03:25:55 pm »

Wait, nope, just re read what you said. Don't lie.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: November 29, 2016, 03:36:47 pm »

"I voted~"
I bet you didn't
This is probably a bad suggestion anyways
says a person who never did any of that stuff either in high school
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: November 30, 2016, 07:48:47 am »

I don't understand how people interact with strangers.

Like you're apparently supposed to pretend they care about what you have to say, even though they don't, in order to build enough rapport for them to actually care about what you have to say? But it's annoying to bug people with things they don't care about?

How did I even manage to have friends

What people really want is for other people to listen to them talk.
Very late reply but personally I get a bit annoyed when people expect me to tell them about myself and be the one talking.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: November 30, 2016, 07:56:27 am »

Very late reply but personally I get a bit annoyed when people expect me to tell them about myself and be the one talking.

I'm among those people whom really doesn't like small talk.
Sure it can break the ice with some strangers,
but I do not like when it just goes back and fourth without leading to any topics that would interest me.
Also.. I mostly try to avoid talk with strangers altogether, for reasons.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: November 30, 2016, 01:02:45 pm »

Yes, it's annoying that the pressure is off women to be docile and passive whilst the pressure is only mounting on men to be outgoing and desensitised to disappointment.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: November 30, 2016, 01:34:34 pm »

The adage of 'don't go looking for it and it'll happen' doesn't apply well when there's nobody around.

It's just, I don't know. I'm socially expected to lead in the matter without seeming desperate while also playing it as a numbers game where I lose every time and even still I'll never know what I'm doing wrong, if anything, because I can't even get a response one way or another. The silence feeds the isolation, but there's nothing to do about it but keep trying.
Know.  The.  Feel.

*hugs*

I should add of course that I know I'm not required a response or obligated one, that's not how these things work. My post does come off that way and I fear I'm thinking about it in the wrong light, but then I'm not sure if it's a valid point to be disheartened without it being conflated with some expectation that I get a response. Shit, I don't know how to feel about this.
*hugs more*

Yes, it's annoying that the pressure is off women to be docile and passive whilst the pressure is only mounting on men to be outgoing and desensitised to disappointment.
all the this
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 01:39:54 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: November 30, 2016, 02:28:47 pm »

* Yoink regurgitates the usual, boring, same old whine he's been whining about in (most?) all his Sadposts lately.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: November 30, 2016, 02:34:31 pm »

Honestly sometimes with all these relationship troubles I'm actually honestly tempted to break up with my boyfriends just to prove to people that you don't need other people to be happy.

But that might be a douchey thing to say...
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: November 30, 2016, 02:42:14 pm »

I haven't even been looking and I feel fine (but not as fine as when in love, or infatuated, or whatever*) Wait, did you say boyfriends, plural, Cinder? #oppositeOfJudgement

* brains are weird and so are words
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 779