Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 858926 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #630 on: April 10, 2016, 08:17:23 pm »

I still find it weird that fracking is a contentious issue. S'like, there's millions and millions of dollars' worth of dino juice just sitting there, and you're going to ignore it over some unsubstantiated claims about the environment? Why.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: April 11, 2016, 04:27:52 am »

I'm curious how keyloggers work. But, Googling "How to write a keylogger" seems like a Bad Ideatm.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #632 on: April 11, 2016, 04:59:32 am »

It's normally just a process that waits for keyboard input at the OS level (as opposed to window level) and chucks it in a file.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: April 11, 2016, 08:08:04 am »

You could say that they.... log keys.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: April 11, 2016, 01:58:51 pm »

Jesus, I've become the exact kind of college age, nonspecifically anti-system, all-talk-no-walk wannabe anarchist anti-corporate-yet-still-hopelessly-consumerist neo-hippie fucktard that I used to make fun of.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: April 11, 2016, 02:02:13 pm »

It's normally just a process that waits for keyboard input at the OS level (as opposed to window level) and chucks it in a file.
Pretty much, just sit there reading the input buffer, and whenever something new pops up they log it into a file. Then once a week or so they connect to the internet (often at a time when you won't be using your computer so you don't notice the slowdown, such as 4 am) and upload the file to whatever server they are sending all the stolen data to.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: April 11, 2016, 03:28:37 pm »

Jesus, I've become the exact kind of college age, nonspecifically anti-system, all-talk-no-walk wannabe anarchist anti-corporate-yet-still-hopelessly-consumerist neo-hippie fucktard that I used to make fun of.
It's called becoming a student. Embrace your hipsterism, buy a nice hat, enjoy the ride.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #637 on: April 11, 2016, 05:15:42 pm »

I still find it weird that fracking is a contentious issue. S'like, there's millions and millions of dollars' worth of dino juice just sitting there, and you're going to ignore it over some unsubstantiated claims about the environment? Why.
Because environment?

Okay, serious answer. Fracking fluid either stays in the ground (poisoning groundwater) or evaporates (poisoning the air).
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: April 11, 2016, 05:21:46 pm »

Is it all that poisonous, though?

The better argument would be a climate change one, I think.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: April 11, 2016, 05:28:14 pm »

Is it all that poisonous, though?

The better argument would be a climate change one, I think.

Well, the exact composition of most fracking chemicals are protected as "trade secrets". I'd err on the side of not drinking mystery chemicals provided by Exxon, though.

Also I was going to look up something funny but totally lost my train of thought. :(
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 06:21:29 pm by itisnotlogical »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: April 11, 2016, 06:24:55 pm »

Because in at least some places where its done people end up with sludge coming out of their facets.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #641 on: April 11, 2016, 08:32:47 pm »

Because in at least some places where its done people end up with sludge coming out of their facets.
That's their own fault for living in oil feilds

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: April 12, 2016, 01:28:29 am »

people end up with sludge coming out of their facets.
Was that a misspelling of 'faucets' or 'faces'?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #643 on: April 12, 2016, 05:09:51 am »

Ugh, I forgot to change the settings on the coffee vendor and now my 'everything is terrible' comfort coffee is stupid sweet instead of lovely bitter chocolate and coffee. Bleeh.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: April 12, 2016, 07:14:38 am »

Because environment?

Okay, serious answer. Fracking fluid either stays in the ground (poisoning groundwater) or evaporates (poisoning the air).
I'm glad someone other than me stepped into correct him.
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only sane one around here. :P

Current Mildsads: I can't actually put my finger on quite why I'm feeling sad at the moment. I mean, as usual there are plenty of reasons for me to feel sad, but thinking about it I don't believe any of them are the cause of this current spike in sadness. Perhaps it has something to do with my extreme lack of social skills and resulting awkwardness, even when interacting with housemates and friends.

Not entirely sure, though. That doesn't usually bother me very much.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 779