Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 792

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 1077486 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #600 on: April 07, 2016, 10:27:11 am »

Even though it's trendy to be a #nerd #gamer and post memes from I Fucking Love Science, I'm starting to suspect that geeks and dorks like me will always be the outcasts that are shunned even by other outcasts.
Them's not proper outcasts then, the actual outcasts (well, at least the ones that aren't misanthropic and/or asocial) typically enjoy finding like-minded individuals to geek out with. :v (and if anyone's thinking of getting riled up about "fake outcast vs real outcast", don't bother)

also jhsadgfkahsjgd i want a Cintiq but they are so damn expensive that i can barely wish for one as a birthday present
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: April 07, 2016, 12:25:43 pm »

Grahh, didn't do as much PMs as I wanted, but I got down stuff for later. Hooray templates T_T At least this weekend will be very productive if no issues arise.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #602 on: April 07, 2016, 12:28:47 pm »

It's half past five in the morning and I forgot to go to bed.

See you all mid-afternoon, I guess.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: April 07, 2016, 01:17:13 pm »

Got my OSVR Dev Kit in the mail. Set the VR Headset up, was really excited to mess with it, etc.

Unfortunately, it makes me pretty nauseous, doesn't fit my big head, the adjustable diopter doesn't cover my prescription, the only lense position that fits my glasses is also the strongest vision correction setting (it and my glasses have a combined total vision correction of +9 which is really bad for my eyes) and by and large I can't use it.

Thinking about returning it, and just saving up for the HTC Vive. Worst comes to worst, I can just use OSVR software for developing. I just really wanted to support the project; I love what Sensics are doing creating a common standard for VR Hardware and Software, before everyone makes a bunch of proprietary connectors and software markets and crap.

Ah, well.

Awww, man, that really sucks.

I guess contacts aren't an option?

Yeah, not really. I've got some bad juju going on in my right optic nerve, and physical pressure on that eye is really bad news. I could maybe get good enough to avoid the problem when putting them in... but I have a hard time with the whole Put Things In Your Eye thing too. Especially given the infections and eye injuries that can result. Ewwwww.

Gonna try the VR gear again I think. See if I can handle the stuff. If not... Theres always Google Cardboard!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 07, 2016, 09:22:07 pm »

Ugh, if I hadn't spent $2 on potato crisps last night I would have enough money in my account to buy a small carton of iced coffee and a $5 falafel wrap from a shop around the corner today. Not sure I can muster up the energy to go down the street without the promise of iced coffee at the end of the trek.

At least said chips were salt and vinegar. I wouldn't mind one of those falafel wraps, though. They were surprisingly good, I don't usually like falafel.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: April 07, 2016, 09:52:27 pm »

Yeah, not really. I've got some bad juju going on in my right optic nerve, and physical pressure on that eye is really bad news. I could maybe get good enough to avoid the problem when putting them in... but I have a hard time with the whole Put Things In Your Eye thing too. Especially given the infections and eye injuries that can result. Ewwwww.

Gonna try the VR gear again I think. See if I can handle the stuff. If not... Theres always Google Cardboard!

Ah well, I guess it's eBay time then.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: April 07, 2016, 11:31:31 pm »

eBay is the best place to find totally pointless junk that people just don't want anymore. It's apparently also a good place to get all manner of illegal things on accident, so be careful :)
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #607 on: April 07, 2016, 11:37:45 pm »

I remember someone tried to sell a nuclear warhead on Ebay. That was pretty funny.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: April 07, 2016, 11:44:08 pm »

Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 09, 2016, 08:29:45 am »

Just did a tiny bit of tidying in the horrible mess of my room, and now my motivation is exhausted already. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 09, 2016, 08:34:09 am »

Whenever I code in C I start missing the features of Java. But whenever I code in Java I start missing the simplicity of C  :'(
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: April 09, 2016, 08:35:29 am »

I think I need a happier-looking avatar.
._.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: April 09, 2016, 09:04:37 am »

Come join the Old Bearded White Men's Club then! Those are always happy, in a grumpy sort of way.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: April 09, 2016, 09:06:44 am »

Marx looks decidedly unhappy wearing those ears. He probably thinks it's an insult to the proletariat. Of which he was not a member, but hey.

I suggest joining the depressing avatar club.

Oh wait, you're here already.

Hello.

Want a good cry?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: April 09, 2016, 09:07:36 am »

Or apply hugs to your avatar until they are happier.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 792