Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 771 772 [773] 774 775 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1006827 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #11580 on: May 15, 2022, 09:51:53 pm »

Ah, but then someone could sing a ballad in their native tongue insulting the Judges, and not risk too much of a backlash!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11581 on: May 16, 2022, 04:45:34 am »

I think it was nice France sent a song I'm Bretsgnese this year. Too bad it absolutely sucked though xD

I really liked our Swedish offer this year. What y'all think about it?
Love, scriver~

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11582 on: May 16, 2022, 02:30:37 pm »

Sweden turned in a NATO membership request today

Erdogan says no

edit: Doesn't seem to have hit most of the reliable news sources in the Anglosphere yet but here is a Reuters article
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 02:32:48 pm by scriver »
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11583 on: May 16, 2022, 03:02:52 pm »

Erdogan thinks Finland and Sweden are harboring terrorists of the Kurdish variety, so it’s unsurprising.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #11584 on: May 16, 2022, 03:42:02 pm »

Well, Erdogan probably thinks every Kurd is a terrorist.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11585 on: May 19, 2022, 01:34:50 pm »

Also Croatia is against Sweden and Finland joining NATO

Hilariously they say it's nothing against Sweden or Finland, they just want the NSC to listen to them

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11586 on: May 19, 2022, 04:42:02 pm »

Hilariously they say it's nothing against Sweden or Finland, they just want the NSC to listen to them

So, because the despot president of Turkey is being a dick and using this as an opportunity to hope to oppress Kurds more and end some arms export bans, the president of Croatia thinks, "Hey! We can do the same too and get into the spotlight!" or something like that?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11587 on: May 19, 2022, 10:02:25 pm »

So, because the despot president of Turkey is being a dick and using this as an opportunity to hope to oppress Kurds more and end some arms export bans, the president of Croatia thinks, "Hey! We can do the same too and get into the spotlight!" or something like that?

HEY!  Where is MY bribe?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11588 on: May 20, 2022, 05:38:31 am »

HEY!  Where is MY bribe?
Reminds me of the hilarious anecode of when Italian MPs went to Saudi Arabia
They had a fancy dinner laid out with each person receiving a gift watch. The closer you got to the head of the table, the fancier your gift watch was, with the best ones being rolexes and the ones at the end being domestic Saudi made watches. Two Italian MPs got into a fight because one of them saw the guy to his right had a better watch and swapped their name cards, an act the other MP noticed. This fight escalated until all the MPs were fighting, a situation only assuaged when the Saudis announced everyone was getting a rolex watch. When the MPs returned home the watches were confiscated by the police. Whilst in police custody, all of the watches were lost.

More or less yeah

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11589 on: May 21, 2022, 12:43:09 pm »

HEY!  Where is MY bribe?
Reminds me of the hilarious anecode of when Italian MPs went to Saudi Arabia
They had a fancy dinner laid out with each person receiving a gift watch. The closer you got to the head of the table, the fancier your gift watch was, with the best ones being rolexes and the ones at the end being domestic Saudi made watches. Two Italian MPs got into a fight because one of them saw the guy to his right had a better watch and swapped their name cards, an act the other MP noticed. This fight escalated until all the MPs were fighting, a situation only assuaged when the Saudis announced everyone was getting a rolex watch. When the MPs returned home the watches were confiscated by the police. Whilst in police custody, all of the watches were lost.

Jesus Christ. You would think Parliament would act like adults at least AT A FOREIGN DIPLOMATIC MEETING. Imagine the shame of having the Saudis play the coddling parents for your government officials. I wonder what the damage was to their negotiating position. Not to mention it signals to the whole world just how eager your officials are for bribes...

EDIT: Though I would like a source first before I'm sure. Nothing I searched for gave me something like this.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 12:45:12 pm by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11590 on: May 21, 2022, 12:48:50 pm »

I can't find it neither, buried under all the British MPs getting donations
It may ultimately turn out to be apocryphal

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11591 on: May 21, 2022, 01:06:59 pm »

Yeah, I was thinking it sounded like the sort of thing someone somewhere not too friendly with Italians would come up with. :p
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11592 on: May 21, 2022, 09:17:35 pm »

...or who lives in Italy would come up with.  :P

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11593 on: May 22, 2022, 04:58:11 am »

That story could easily be told of pretty much any country's MPs, just replace 'Italian' with another nationality to get a good laugh at the expense of politicians.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11594 on: May 22, 2022, 04:59:59 am »

That story could easily be told of pretty much any country's MPs, just replace 'Italian' with another nationality to get a good laugh at the expense of politicians.
It could NEVER be told of America's MPs!
...we don't have a parliament.
Pages: 1 ... 771 772 [773] 774 775 ... 793