Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1006755 times)

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #6990 on: October 16, 2017, 04:47:40 am »

The hurricane hitting Ireland has caused a current of subtropical air to flow over the Western European countries.
Heat records are broken once again. Another couple of 'hottest days since temperature measurements began'. Temperatures over here in the Netherlands can reach 25C (77F), or about 30C (86F) in direct sunlight today. Normal temperatures for this time of year would be about 14C (57F).

Praise be hurricane Ophelia, bringer of warm weather!
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6991 on: October 16, 2017, 04:57:37 am »

It's cold and rainy in Newcastle :(
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6992 on: October 16, 2017, 05:12:10 am »

http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/15/female-navy-officer-wore-captains-uniform-in-trident-submarine-sex-scandal-7001016/
ayy lmao
Took 3 years for a sex scandal to occur after putting mixed crews in a locked capsule under da sea. No discipline tbqh

Man the two top officers on that sub were both getting some with different female officers. Other officers snitched on them, probably jealousy.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6993 on: October 16, 2017, 05:38:17 am »

http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/15/female-navy-officer-wore-captains-uniform-in-trident-submarine-sex-scandal-7001016/
ayy lmao
Took 3 years for a sex scandal to occur after putting mixed crews in a locked capsule under da sea. No discipline tbqh

Man the two top officers on that sub were both getting some with different female officers. Other officers snitched on them, probably jealousy.

Or professionalism.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6994 on: October 16, 2017, 06:30:51 am »

Or professionalism.
And people annoyed at a lack thereof

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6995 on: October 16, 2017, 06:33:13 am »

To be honest I think publishing big glossy photos of the girl in question is also pretty dubious professionalism from the media. It doesn't serve the public good, just cheap gossip.

And the UK rags are especially bad at exploiting every opportunity to show a pretty girl in their articles which screaming about how outraged they are about sexualization. I'm sure they had the big guns out scouring social media to try and find racy shots of her.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 06:38:39 am by Reelya »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6996 on: October 16, 2017, 06:33:40 am »

ayy lmao

Under the sea the mermen feast on starfish soup, and all the serving men are crabs.
We will march into the sea and out again. Under the waves we will ride seahorses, and mermaids will blow seashells to announce our coming, oh, oh, oh
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6997 on: October 16, 2017, 06:56:29 am »

professionalism from the media
Ahahahahahahaha nice one

And the UK rags are especially bad at exploiting every opportunity to show a pretty girl in their articles which screaming about how outraged they are about sexualization.
The kinda UK rags that report on sex scandals aren't the ones outraged about sexualization, but otherwise yeah you're right it's controlled opposition. The tabloid gets the saucy headline while the urban paper gets the feminist headline, even if both are owned by the same company

I'm sure they had the big guns out scouring social media to try and find racy shots of her.
Prolly just a malnourished troupe of interns followed by offers to buy anything from anyone

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6998 on: October 16, 2017, 07:01:12 am »

I'm very uneasy about publishing photos of people in general, except in special circumstances.

I might not have a perfect picture of how it's like abroad but I feel both English and American papers/tv are too quick to depict people. English tabloids of course being of an egregiousness all of their own.
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6999 on: October 16, 2017, 07:16:07 am »

I'm very uneasy about publishing photos of people in general, except in special circumstances.
I might not have a perfect picture of how it's like abroad but I feel both English and American papers/tv are too quick to depict people. English tabloids of course being of an egregiousness all of their own.
Nevar 4get, UK media hacked into people's phonelines, listened to their voicemails to get inside stories on people's personal lives, and even deleted their voicemails to keep their hacking secret

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7000 on: October 16, 2017, 03:54:02 pm »

I'm half convinced that by now both the Spanish president and the Catalonian president kind of want to come to a compromise, but that in the current political climate they would both get fire from their own factions if they went for a handshake photo. It certainly seems that both are tiptoeing around actually triggering either Article 155 or the Independence declaration, and are trying to wind down the tension.

(if I may say... this comes 7 years fucking late, and 75% of the blame lies with the central goverment. If they hadn't spent the last decade stepping on the toes of... anyone not of their political persuasion, really, but especially historical nationalitities within Spain, and especially the Catalan people.... if they had actually sat down to talk 7 years ago when they threw back the reformed autonomy statutes, they might have avoided all this with far less effort)

(also, while on a rational level I know a compromise & increased autonomy closer to that of the Basque country are likely a more immediatedly practical solution, at an emotional level I'd like the Govern to declare a Republic)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 03:56:47 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7001 on: October 16, 2017, 04:02:02 pm »

I thought Spain had a Prime Minister, not a President? Or rather, you do, but it's a ceremonial role and Rajoy is the Prime Minister.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7002 on: October 16, 2017, 04:23:46 pm »

With the president I mean "the president of the goverment"/head of the goverment. AKA: what you would call the Prime Minister. Same office, different name.  There is no "ceremonial president"; we're stuck with a Bourbon as head of State. (For now, at least )

EDIT:

BTW: I forgot to mention that a judge has decreed unconditional prison for two leaders of pro-independence organizations for... no good reason, really. She says they're going to prison to await judgement because they were movilizing people in the streets "in favor of independence".

IMO: The party in power in central goverment favors these kind of propaganda stunts. These are the kind of sentences that afterwards Strassbourgh tribunal throws away while forcing the Spanish goverment, but in the interim they keep someone who annoys them in prison and away from politics for a while. It's not the first time it happens.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 04:44:27 pm by ChairmanPoo »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7003 on: October 17, 2017, 08:47:25 am »

This was posted in the Ameripol thread, but it more relevant here. Maltese journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia, which had been involved in a lot of journalism on the Maltese government and Maltese mafia. She effectively forced PM Muscat to trigger a early election last year when she revealed link between the PM's wife and a shell company cited in the Panama Papers.

Sad day when journalists get assassinated.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7004 on: October 17, 2017, 12:28:23 pm »

it keeps happening
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 793