Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 795

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1058722 times)

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #5145 on: March 15, 2017, 07:02:37 am »

Fun moment from the evening's debate in the Netherlands: Geert Wilders calls Mohammed a pedophile on live TV. Amazing, to be honest. If I were Dutch, I would definitely vote for his party.

Well, I didn't
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5146 on: March 15, 2017, 07:34:35 am »

...Facebook should start preparing Dutch flag filter...
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: March 15, 2017, 08:04:12 am »

So, when can we expect exit polls? Is it like France, where it's illegal to release them until then end of polling?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: March 15, 2017, 08:16:21 am »

yes.

Expect exit-polls after the voting has ended, at 21:00 local time.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: March 15, 2017, 09:35:48 am »

If they send Wilders to the wilderness I swear I'm paying a round tonight.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: March 15, 2017, 10:28:54 am »

Fun moment from the evening's debate in the Netherlands: Geert Wilders calls Mohammed a pedophile on live TV. Amazing, to be honest. If I were Dutch, I would definitely vote for his party.

Doubly ballsy when you consider that Dutch people who speak up against Islam have a history of being assassinated.

Best of luck to the Dutch, here's hoping they stand up for their country and its culture.
Yup. Pretty sure Wilders has constant police protection because of death threats and risk of assassination by immigrants and their descendants with barbaric iron-age beliefs.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: March 15, 2017, 10:31:20 am »

Doubly ballsy when you consider that Dutch people who speak up against Islam have a history of being assassinated.

Best of luck to the Dutch, here's hoping they stand up for their country and its culture.
Yup. Pretty sure Wilders has constant police protection because of death threats and risk of assassination by immigrants and their descendants with barbaric iron-age beliefs.

I hope that last bit is being said ironically or sarcastically......

It's also inaccurate, Islam arose in the early Medieval period, about 200 years after the fall of Rome, not the iron age, which would be the period that Rome ruled, roughly.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 10:34:25 am by smjjames »

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: March 15, 2017, 10:35:29 am »

I hope that last bit is being said ironically or sarcastically......
Not at all. It's completely truthful.

It's also inaccurate, Islam arose in the early Medieval period, not the iron age, which would be the period that Rome ruled, roughly.
Nope.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: March 15, 2017, 10:38:52 am »

BTW, Christianity arose in the iron age too and the Catholic chuch haven't changed their beliefs much since then either. Want to call them barbaric?

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: March 15, 2017, 10:39:37 am »

BTW, Christianity arose in the iron age too and the Catholic chuch haven't changed their beliefs much since then either. Want to call them barbaric?
Gladly, and I will gladly do so when the context demands. But we're not discussing them right now, and this smacks of whataboutism.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: March 15, 2017, 10:42:49 am »

I was just noting the hypocrisy.

Also going offtopic into the Religion thread.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: March 15, 2017, 10:43:12 am »

What hypocrisy?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: March 15, 2017, 10:49:43 am »

Also, while I agree that Islam does need to get over it's intolerance in general, some bad actors (or apples, if you will) don't represent the religion as a whole. Just like the Westboro Baptists don't represent the whole of Christianity.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 10:51:30 am by smjjames »

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5158 on: March 15, 2017, 10:51:31 am »

I'll feel that way more readily, when Westboro Baptists start assassinating people on the street in broad daylight and pinning a note to their chests with knives for insulting Jesus or whatever.

The simple fact of the matter is that Muslims in Europe are far and away more radical, and more dangerous, than Christians in Europe.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5159 on: March 15, 2017, 10:51:44 am »

WB numbers 40 people and is yet to do a single jihad
I get the point but it's not really doing the argument service compared to Newrope
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 795