Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1006880 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #4170 on: December 04, 2016, 10:42:45 pm »

Yeah, looks like they effectively got Trumped.

Sounds like the 5Star party is going to take over and from the articles I've read, they're refusing to form a coalition with others.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4171 on: December 05, 2016, 05:50:33 pm »

Europeans eagerly marching into slavery on another children's crusade

This is why I'm scared to share a continent with them, too many have zero survival instincts or self-preservation instincts whatsoever, acting quite unlike any organism I have in my knowledge

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4172 on: December 05, 2016, 05:53:18 pm »

Inb4 all the men get killed and raped, all the women get raped and killed. Children it's 50/50.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4173 on: December 05, 2016, 06:01:07 pm »

This is why I'm scared to share a continent with them, too many have zero survival instincts or self-preservation instincts whatsoever, acting quite unlike any organism I have in my knowledge

Initially I thought it was just a regular protest march to bring attention to the issue, but then I read this:

"Where shall we sleep?

We will try to find camping grounds or hostels on the way and inform you about them. We are contacting organizations to arrange private hosts, or gyms, but in extreme case you have to be able to sleep with your equipment “wild”. So remember that in the end sleeping has to be organized by every marcher independently.
What about food?

We cannot provide food for you. We cannot organize catering. But we will point out shopping facilities on the way. Please be aware that you need to be responsible and prepare food for yourself. We are working on facilities to provide you with hot water on the way.

Is the march family-friendly?

Within the European Union the march should not be a risk for children in general, but please decide carefully if your children are capable of such a march in winter condition. Please remember it is your responsibility as a parent/guardian to take care of your child/children.
Please also be aware of the law in your country of origin and the countries you are are marching in, when it comes to responsibilities of the caretakers towards children. It is worth mentioning, that most of the organizers decided not to take their children with them."

It does say that they don't expect everybody to walk the whole way, but still....

It's crazy to go to Syria, yes, but apparently people need to do crazy and desperate things to bring attention to the whole plight of Syria.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: December 05, 2016, 06:06:29 pm »

"It is not about us knowing the solutions, it is about involving people to create these solutions."

Okay then.

I also like how they say they don't want to create additional victims or problems, yet they're marching toward an active warzone.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4175 on: December 05, 2016, 06:14:12 pm »

Oh dear, Europeans have turned from Gladiators, Vikings and Knights to Lemmings.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4176 on: December 05, 2016, 06:20:19 pm »

They're marching a host of 3000 people into an area that is already a humanitarian disaster, where people already lack food and water. It's either ridiculously arrogant or ridiculously naive, and either way it is the direct opposite of helpful.

It's crazy to go to Syria, yes, but apparently people need to do crazy and desperate things to bring attention to the whole plight of Syria.

There couldn't be any more attention on Syria.
Love, scriver~

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4177 on: December 05, 2016, 06:23:04 pm »

"It is not about us knowing the solutions, it is about involving people to create these solutions."

Okay then.

I also like how they say they don't want to create additional victims or problems, yet they're marching toward an active warzone.

Given that they took their inspiration from Ghandis and MLKs marches, they're doing the 'marching towards (or in the face of) pointed guns/threats of force' trick, just on a massive scale and hoping that... um... this is where the anology breaks down completely.... tried to think of an ending to the sentence or two or three and there isn't a good way out of it because not only are they trying to force people to stop fighting, they're marching towards people who would gladly and gleefully murder them.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4178 on: December 05, 2016, 06:25:23 pm »

They're marching a host of 3000 people into an area that is already a humanitarian disaster, where people already lack food and water. It's either ridiculously arrogant or ridiculously naive, and either way it is the direct opposite of helpful.

There couldn't be any more attention on Syria.

Well, evidently there are people willing to do crazy things to try and stop the war. Also trying to hope that all sides go WTF enough to stop fighting.

It's sounding like Aleppo might not last three months, so, it would be futile, and there are better ways to get attention.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: December 05, 2016, 06:27:32 pm »

Well, it depends on the turn-out, surely. I doubt they will attract that many, let alone tear every man, woman and child in Europe away from their business to march to Syria, in the dead of winter and with only a vague ideal to follow. It is very disconcerting by its existance, however. It is... Well-meant, one must suppose, but it is incredibly naïve and strange. But then again... They are effectively suggesting doing something incredibly dangerous to force the European politicians into action. It is an intriguing form of blackmail.

Of course, I doubt we will see a large train of thousands of people, children and eldery, actually march Berlin to Aleppo in the middle of winter. Somehow, it seems far too dramatic even for this age of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4180 on: December 05, 2016, 06:45:29 pm »

I think it's ridiculous naivety more than arrogance, the product of people who have been immunized to danger to the point where even the concept of danger is unknown to them
I'm not even being metaphorical or anything, I mean that literally

Do you also think it's enough? Do you also want to do more than crying in front of your laptop?
Distorted image of reality from too much media, too little life
This is our action. We are going to Aleppo. What will happen then? Will then send bombs on our 5000-people crowd? Will they dare to do that?! You think we are crazy? We think that it's crazy to sit and wait until everybody dies.
>Will they dare do that?
ISIS has been bombing crowds of people (right after Germany's summer of slaughter to boot, so they don't even have the excuse of the attacks happening in faraway lands) and they still don't believe that their crowd will get bombed or worse, captured

2016 is a strange year where memes become reality

Oh dear, Europeans have turned from Gladiators, Vikings and Knights to Lemmings.
On all levels except physical I am the Western civilization
[collapses]

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: December 05, 2016, 06:47:34 pm »

Jesus Christ, Europe.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4182 on: December 05, 2016, 06:51:42 pm »

inb4 Turkey doesn't let them through. Even if they do manage to get to the Syrian border, they'll have to pass through rebel (or dangerously close to ISIS) held territory to get to Aleppo by land anyway.

Maybe they want to support the rebels by volunteering to be held for ransom?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 06:53:30 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: December 05, 2016, 06:56:05 pm »

inb4 Turkey doesn't let them through. Even if they do manage to get to the Syrian border, they'll have to pass through rebel (or ISIS) held territory to get to Aleppo by land anyway.

Maybe they want to support the rebels by volunteering to be held for ransom?

They'll probably have every country they go through try to stop them from doing something stupid. I could see Turkey refusing to allow them to even enter Syria, and even being in Turkey is risky.

Besides, the rebels just lost half of what they had in Aleppo, it might not even last three more months.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4184 on: December 06, 2016, 09:01:56 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 793