Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1006891 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #4155 on: December 02, 2016, 09:19:35 am »

http://www.volkskrant.nl/tech/meldpunt-internet-discriminatie-haatzaaien-tegen-homo-s-vanuit-geloof-mag-toch-niet~a4426201/

Yeah apparently someone indeed dun goofed there.
An internetsite that serves as a central (national) reporting point for online discrimination, MInD, did not take action against complaints made against reactions on an article on the newssite Blada.nl. Blada had written an article about the founding of a national LGBT rights group in Morocco. Reactions on the article included "according to islam they should be killed", and "off with their heads!". Users had filed complaints about those comments with MInD. MInD decided to ignore the complaint, saying that 'these comments need to be seen in the light of the religious conviction called islam, which makes it legally not hatespeech."

After one of the complaintants took the story to the Post Online, saying 'inciting to kill people is okay, as long as you are a muslim', MInD now come back on that earlier decision, and have publicly apologized, and stated "hatespeech is hatespeech, and the law is clear about that". They have sent an official request to Facebook to remove the hatespeech comments from Blada.nl.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 09:23:23 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: December 02, 2016, 10:46:33 am »

Belgium will get it's very own space agency. Next year will see the founding of the Interfederal Space Agency of Belgium (ISAB).
The plan is that with it's own space agency, Belgian space industry will not lose jobs, now that the EU has more authority to grant assignments.

Hey - Belgium might not have a functioning government very often, but the short periods they do have one, they do great things. Like creating space agencies.

I do wonder what their first assignment will be. Relocating Wallonia to the Moon, or relocating Flanders to Mars. /sarcasm
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 10:49:23 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: December 02, 2016, 10:55:24 am »

But Europe already has it's own space agency....

Though I guess if every country of Europe wants to create their own country specific space agency, that's their choice.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: December 02, 2016, 11:02:29 am »

Though I guess if every country of Europe wants to create their own country specific space agency, that's their choice.

Poland Belgium can into space!
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: December 02, 2016, 11:34:40 am »

Belgium is the best country in Europe. If not for them, EU would control every aspect of our lives Big Brother style already. As it is though, EU development is slowed. Every 4 years, there's a 3 year holiday, where no new policies are passed, because Belgium had new elections and they need to wait for a new official government to be installed to include in the negotiations.  ;D

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: December 03, 2016, 07:18:56 am »

Our national secret service, the AIVD, has been investigation Geert Wilder's connections to Israel.
They also cooperated with Danish intelligence some years ago to get a sneak peak of the movie Fitna, which Wilders refused to share with AIVD for a threat assessment. When he visited a Danish media channel, to let them sneak peek his film, they planted a Danish mole to report on the contents of the movie.
http://www.volkskrant.nl/binnenland/aivd-looked-into-israeli-contacts-of-geert-wilders~a4427371/
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 07:21:06 am by martinuzz »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: December 03, 2016, 08:37:56 am »

They're reorganizing the whole science policy with a plan to make several separate agencies to manage different aspects of science in Belgium by theme. The "space agency" is mostly a new way to coordinate existing programs. We won't be going to space on our own any time soon.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4162 on: December 03, 2016, 04:18:07 pm »

They also cooperated with Danish intelligence some years ago to get a sneak peak of the movie Fitna, which Wilders refused to share with AIVD for a threat assessment.

Can you elaborate on this? 'Threat assessment'?

lmao EU assessed Israelis as a threat

In other news
'Isis fanatics planned to feed poisoned ice-cream to kindergarten kids before bombing nursery'
Why is this normal for Europe
The letter allegedly went on to say: “I work as an ice cream man with my ice cream van and sell to many children.  May I, following Sharia law, use arsenic or warfarin, or better still strychnine, to kill children?”

Then the final question was put to his leader: “Can I make Istis hadi Amaliya (suicide) in the kindergarten too?”
Disgusting tbqh

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: December 03, 2016, 04:19:17 pm »

Can you elaborate on this? 'Threat assessment'?

Oh ever since Theo van Gogh* got stabbed and shot to death by a muslim extremist, and Pim Fortuyn** was shot dead by a left-wing extremist, people like Wilders get an extraordinary amount of protective custody measures from the secret service AIVD
The AIVD wanted to know how pissed off muslims would be by Wilders' film, so they could anticipate how much they would need to upscale his security. Wilder's refused to show them the film, so when he went to Danmark to sneak preview show his film to the media there, they took the opportunity and installed a mole.

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_van_Gogh_(film_director)
** https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pim_Fortuyn

EDIT: why he went to Danmark? Not a single Dutch media wanted to show his film, out of fear for becoming a platform for hatespeech and discrimination (and also because he refused to let them sneak preview it)

EDIT2 What I find bothersome about the whole affair, is that apparently some 'journalists' are not journalists, but intelligence agency plants. Gives journalism a bad name.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 04:27:25 pm by martinuzz »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #4164 on: December 03, 2016, 04:28:18 pm »

The more I hear about stuff like that the more I seriously consider giving in the hate and actually endorsing removing kebab.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: December 03, 2016, 04:36:10 pm »

Oh, here's the news article on the Danmark thing: http://www.volkskrant.nl/binnenland/danish-intelligence-agency-uncovered-content-of-wilders-fitna-using-undercover-operation~a4427381/

(I don't know why the Volkskrant has these two articles in english. Every once in a while, a few articles are posted double on the online front page, in dutch and in english. Usually it's just dutch, or I would link english versions)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 04:40:44 pm by martinuzz »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: December 03, 2016, 05:54:21 pm »

Nope. They just wanted to know how many grunts extra to deploy to his security detail. The rumour had it that he was going to burn the Qu'ran in the movie.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: December 04, 2016, 02:05:36 pm »

This is cause for celebration: Austrians have stopped the Far-right neo-nazis from taking power, breaking the Brexit/Trump trend!

They're a Parliamentary system though, so the Presidency is only cermonial. But Van der Bellen has said he would try to prevent a government led by the Austrian equivalent of the Republicans, or maybe equivalent of the Tea Party and Trumpism.

Huzzah. There may be light at the end of this tunnel yet.

There's still Italy today, they're doing a referendum on constitutional reforms and the 5Star party there sounds like a combination of the Tea Party/Trumpism rage with elements of liberal ideas.

Politico article on it.

BBC article with information on the referendum itself.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 02:13:06 pm by smjjames »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: December 04, 2016, 10:29:44 pm »

Can't say I'm surprised. Literally the only Italian news I ever hear is of people fed up with the government's corruption.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 793