Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 795

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1059404 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #600 on: January 31, 2016, 09:03:53 pm »

There's never a bad time to invade mainland Europe. Someone's been doing it since basically forever.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 31, 2016, 09:04:54 pm »

Germany is not really Ameriphobe (?) though. We do have a fairly large chunk of population with that sort of bias, but the People Who Matter are all firm transatlantics.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 31, 2016, 10:35:33 pm »

I just realized something.

The perfect solution to this problem.

We just need to give Trump to you guys.

If Europe is being terrorized by progressives, and America is being terrorized by even the idea of Trump getting to be president and having access to nuclear weapons (no really I want you to think about that man being in command of the US nuclear arsenal, that should scare everyone, American or not), and yet he's been disturbingly difficult to stop, much like the immigration problem, we just need to smash the one into the other. His platform is basically already purpose-built for handling the situation.

DONALD TRUMP FOR EU CHANCELLOR
I burst out laughing when I read this post.

Yes.

Do it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 01, 2016, 01:42:27 am »

If Europe is being terrorized by progressives, and America is being terrorized by even the idea of Trump getting to be president and having access to nuclear weapons (no really I want you to think about that man being in command of the US nuclear arsenal, that should scare everyone, American or not), and yet he's been disturbingly difficult to stop, much like the immigration problem, we just need to smash the one into the other. His platform is basically already purpose-built for handling the situation.

That's so crazy it just might work.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 01, 2016, 05:47:54 am »

Yeah, because every problem with the immigration crisis just boils down to racism, right?

No thanks.
Love, scriver~

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 01, 2016, 09:03:21 am »

"Immigrant" is not a race.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 01, 2016, 09:26:49 am »

Nobody said it was.
Love, scriver~

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 01, 2016, 10:22:29 am »

rpgeek didn't even mention racism  :o
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 01, 2016, 10:30:33 am »

He did not.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 01, 2016, 11:46:47 am »

I was confused as to where scriver's accusation of accusing someone(I think?) of racism came from. Still am.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 01, 2016, 11:51:38 am »

Trump is racist, so him being the answer to Europe's problems is because they are racists who just want to get rid of the "blacks".

That's how I contexted/interpreted rpgeek's post.
Love, scriver~

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 01, 2016, 11:59:25 am »

I'm pretty sure it was in reference to Trump's giant border wall idea. Something running completely counter to what our toleran an progresiv friends would ever want.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 02, 2016, 07:16:32 am »

Yes, let us build a wall under the Mediterranean and block of the sea access - it will surely make a difference!

On a serious note, EU sucks as a border control force. Let each state worry about its own borders, to the full extent of the law and beyond, if that's what it takes to protect order in the country. Schengen failed and unless someone comes up with a good replacement, EU shot itself in the foot by destroying one of its own pillars through ineffective handing of the situation.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 02, 2016, 07:23:42 am »

I wouldn't really mind national borders being reinstated. But I have been arguing for that long before there was a refugee crisis. Schengen has made Europe a paradise for illegal trafficking of just about anything, from guns and explosives, and drugs, to child sex slaves. Organised crime has never been as easy and profitable. I daresay that reinstating border checks would seriously damage IS's economy, by bankrupting criminal rings that support them.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #614 on: February 02, 2016, 01:14:47 pm »

Yes, let us build a wall under the Mediterranean and block of the sea access - it will surely make a difference!
Shit use of resources, didn't stop the allies, what does stop boats are naval patrols which we already did, then the EU went full retard and disabled everything, then when things went to shit said we need naval patrols... Under the EU flag. At any rate you use fences and walls for the land, and most people ignore the whole element of guarding the borders within Africa and Asia. How funny would it be if Libyan jihadists on their way to Nigeria or Central Africa hit a Trumptm wall and had to pay for it? I suppose in this case it'd probably be more of a good luck Ebele wall or something.

On a serious note, EU sucks as a border control force. Let each state worry about its own borders, to the full extent of the law and beyond, if that's what it takes to protect order in the country.
It would be funny to see something like the Italian temporary administration intercepting every single boat they could and bringing them all to Italy to fuck Germany and Sweden over doubly instead fucking themselves over doubly when they can't wander off north. Still sucks for the Italians though, they didn't even vote for that government hahahaha

Though to be fair the ones they vote for are hardly corruption-free paragons of public service either, you lose or you lose the ruse is too loose

Schengen failed and unless someone comes up with a good replacement, EU shot itself in the foot by destroying one of its own pillars through ineffective handing of the situation.
National democracy sounds like a pretty good replacement here.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 795