Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1006905 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #465 on: January 24, 2016, 11:59:34 am »

Conspiracy theories tend to ascribe far too much cunning and patience to people with little of either. If you point to a human problem you're likely pointing to a human problem, if you catch my drift.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #466 on: January 24, 2016, 01:00:00 pm »

This is my 3rd valid report on nullBolt in the 11 days the account has been around.  You won't need to reply to nullBolt any longer.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 24, 2016, 01:00:37 pm »

Thank you, I was just about to post another calm down folks post
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #468 on: January 24, 2016, 01:11:02 pm »

This is my 3rd valid report on nullBolt in the 11 days the account has been around.  You won't need to reply to nullBolt any longer.
Seemed pretty inevitable, nullBolt was in dire need of developing more modes of conversation than angry or infuriated

Just like Putin needs to stop dealing with his opposition by giving them polonium in tea vs ricin in umbrellas, both are pretty shit, at least the American administration didn't fill Snowden's shoes with killer bees

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 24, 2016, 02:13:57 pm »

In Cardiff, refugees are reporting being harassed in the streets, ever since they became identifyable in public. The company contracted by the government to provide housing for refugees in Cardiff, Clearsprings Ready Homes, made it mandatory for refugees to wear brightly coloured arm tags. If they take them off, they forfeit their right of getting their 3 meals every day. Refugees in the UK that are awaiting asylum are not allowed to work, and they do not get any spending money, so they are depending on food distribution to be fed. If at any time they take their tags off (which is irreversible), the company will report this to the government.
So far, authorities have not yet responded to complaints of harassment.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/asielzoekers-lastiggevallen-in-cardiff-wegens-verplichte-polsbandjes~a4231374/

Meanwhile, in Middleborough, a similar story has surfaced. Housing for immigrants there provided by Jomast, owned by billionaire Stuart Monk, all have red painted doors. This apparently has been ongoing since 2012. Refugees have been complaining that their homes are being targeted for harassment with rotten eggs, dog poop, and vandalised with stones. Refugees that tried to paint their door another colour, were confronted within days with a painter sent by the house owner, to repaint the doors red and inform them that any other colour 'goes against company policy'. A local politician compared the red doors to nazi practice.

The British Secretary of Internal Affairs has ordered an investigation into the matter now. Stuart Monk has responeded by announcing that all houses will get another colour door within half a year. The Jomast company is notorious for buying the worst quality housing in low income areas with the intent of making easy money.

Politician Mark Anderson also commented on the matter, when it got a lot of attention on UK social media. He said that while ofcourse he rejected violence and harassment, that there are a lot of British people on waiting lists for tenancy, that would love to have on of those red doored houses.
Some citizens of Middleborough commented on social media that they do not have red doors because they're refugees, but because red is the colour of the local football team.
http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/asielzoekers-in-middlesbrough-krijgen-huizen-met-rode-voordeur~a4229170/
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 02:18:23 pm by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 24, 2016, 02:36:19 pm »

The company contracted by the government to provide housing for refugees in Cardiff, Clearsprings Ready Homes, made it mandatory for refugees to wear brightly coloured arm tags.
    I must not Godwin.
    Godwin is the mind-killer.
    Godwin is the little-Hitler that brings total Holocaust.
    I will face my Godwin.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the Godwin has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 24, 2016, 02:39:43 pm »

Godwin is the little-Hitler that brings total Holocaust. 

even though my literary senses abhor such twisting of Herbert's prose, I couldn't help rofling.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 24, 2016, 02:44:14 pm »

Wait, I thought no one died? I thought it was an empty, under-construction refugee center that was set alight.

I don't know, Covenant, I think questioning that is quite crude.

I'm not getting into this ing debate but don't you try and use sarcasm to cover up the fact that the rigged the building to explode and kill the ing firemen who responded.

You want to get into ism because you think you're not being listened to? Leave the ing firemen alone. People who risk their lives on a near-daily basis to rescue people from horrible deaths? off with your "The silent majority wills the death of these heroic men and women" attitude.

EDIT: THIS POST IS UNDER RENOVATION WHILE I REMEMBER THAT THIS IS THE POLITE AND FRIENDLY THREAD

EDIT: POST HAS BEEN RENOVATED TO BE HAPPY FUN RESPECTFUL TIME
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 02:55:14 pm by Dorsidwarf »
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 24, 2016, 02:45:43 pm »

There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be unsuccessful.

Everyone seems to be calling everyone else a nazi these days.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #474 on: January 24, 2016, 02:59:25 pm »

I'm not getting into this ing debate but don't you try and use sarcasm to cover up the fact that the rigged the building to explode and kill the ing firemen who responded.

You want to get into ism because you think you're not being listened to? Leave the ing firemen alone. People who risk their lives on a near-daily basis to rescue people from horrible deaths? off with your "The silent majority wills the death of these heroic men and women" attitude.

EDIT: THIS POST IS UNDER RENOVATION WHILE I REMEMBER THAT THIS IS THE POLITE AND FRIENDLY THREAD

EDIT: POST HAS BEEN RENOVATED TO BE HAPPY FUN RESPECTFUL TIME

I like you style of shitposting, it is one to define our decade by

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 24, 2016, 03:58:06 pm »

Some top-level shitposting. Can we frame it and hang it up or something?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 24, 2016, 05:49:23 pm »

It's certainly innovative. We should start a hall of fame for posts important to the forum's history.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 24, 2016, 06:20:33 pm »

It's certainly innovative. We should start a hall of fame for posts important to the forum's history.
It would devolve into a circlejerk that would put Freud to shame, interspersed, of course, by both complaints about it and more shitposts. Do it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 25, 2016, 12:22:38 am »

It would devolve into a circlejerk that would put Freud to shame, interspersed, of course, by both complaints about it and more shitposts. Do it.
In the words of (most of) FG&RP (when it's shitposting):
aw yis.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 25, 2016, 10:07:23 am »

O.o

Armbands reminiscent of Nazi practices (wouldn't an ID card have been better?), painting doors red.... Europe is repeatedly Godwinning itself isn't it......
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 793