Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Scale worship output by race cost? (changes will be applied retroactively)

No (flat 0.3E/T/u, break-even times 3T, 5T, 8T, 13T, 19T) (pro: Balances T4-based agents, contra: Takes forever to break even)
- 6 (33.3%)
Yes (1/3 creation cost/T, break-even times 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T) (pro: 3x break-even ratio preserved, contra: Low-tier races useless)
- 2 (11.1%)
Yes ((tier + 1)/3, break-even times 3T, 6T, 8T, 10T, 12T) (pro: Maximizes above two's strengths? contra: Maximizes above two's weaknesses?)
- 9 (50%)
Yes (other scale posted in thread)
- 1 (5.6%)
Yes (another scale posted in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 71

Author Topic: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]  (Read 72342 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]
« Reply #825 on: January 24, 2016, 11:48:09 pm »

...To be honest, I don't see your point, Stirk. It's a template. You typically add things to templates. Andres quite clearly doesn't want a template-wide Hindrance as part of it, which makes sense. You're being unnecessarily dismissive and condescending, instead of necessarily annoyed and frustrated. And of course you won't admit it because it's half a game for you to do this, and half a point of ego where you hate being wrong about as much as GWG. He was also quite smart, mind. It's just that you always have to have the last word.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 11:49:59 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: January 24, 2016, 11:51:04 pm »

...To be honest, I don't see your point, Stirk. It's a template. You typically add things to templates. Andres quite clearly doesn't want a template-wide Hindrance as part of it, which makes sense.

You can typically use templates as-is as well. I can't think of a single template that needs to be changed before it is usable.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 24, 2016, 11:54:42 pm »

Alright? Just because you can't think of one doesn't mean one doesn't exist, nor does it mean it's a necessary feature of a template. The tools were built for man, not man for the tools. If he wants to use that as his template, what's it to you?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 24, 2016, 11:58:36 pm »

You can bet the Shiny Ones are coming back, whenever I figure out this agent stuff. Well, the ones with personality anyway...

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 25, 2016, 12:00:51 am »

I do not get agent creation like, at all
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: January 25, 2016, 12:04:19 am »

Alright? Just because you can't think of one doesn't mean one doesn't exist, nor does it mean it's a necessary feature of a template. The tools were built for man, not man for the tools. If he wants to use that as his template, what's it to you?

The entire point of having a template is convenience. Having a template that can't be used as is is, inherently, labor-causing. Thus such a template is ineffective at its job. If I want to complain about a template, what is it to you?

You can bet the Shiny Ones are coming back, whenever I figure out this agent stuff. Well, the ones with personality anyway...

I've done it once, what is the issue? Its mostly using the Savage World's character creation rules. I should be able to clarify things.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: January 25, 2016, 12:20:20 am »

How are angels defined, KJP?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 25, 2016, 12:36:56 am »

I would drop Arcane Background from the template to lower its cost to the point where it's usable as-is. Magic is weak compared to divine powers anyway, so giving it to angels would be quite pointless.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: January 25, 2016, 12:41:08 am »

The section for agent creation is here. If you still don't get it, I'll try to sum it up here.

First, pick a pre-existing race. This will be the race of your agent and it will have all the traits of that race by default. If you want a basic (aka Novice level) agent, apply 15 skill points to buy it skills*, give it a name, and you're done. The price is 2A and 1E, regardless of the race you picked.

If you want a better agent, give it an extra level (Seasoned, Veteran, etc.) The higher the level, the more "Advances" you get which are basically points to buy stuff for your agents. How many Advances you get depends on what level. Novice gives you the least (0) and Legendary gives you the most (16). The higher the level, the more Essence it costs but it always costs the same amount of Actions: 2. You only pay for the level of the agents, not the race of the agent.

*Skills are linked to attributes. For example, the skill called Engineering links to the attribute called Smarts. If your agent has d8 Smarts, getting Engineering from d4 to d6 or d6 to d8costs 1 skill point. If you want to get Engineering up from d8 to d10, it'll cost you 2 skill points.

EDIT:
I would drop Arcane Background from the template to lower its cost to the point where it's usable as-is.
It's almost as if the template is designed with a specific race in mind... Yeah, I guess I could do that. The problem is that angels are supposed to be inherently magical and not giving them that trait seems kinda wrong.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 06:40:35 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 25, 2016, 12:43:34 am »

-snip-
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: January 25, 2016, 12:45:54 am »

I would think it would be kind of implicit that you draw any agents from the magically inclined...

Though perhaps KJP doesn't feel that way. I usually specified previously what kind of background I wanted my agent to have.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 25, 2016, 12:48:33 am »

I would think it would be kind of implicit that you draw any agents from the magically inclined...

Though perhaps KJP doesn't feel that way. I usually specified previously what kind of background I wanted my agent to have.
I asked about that same thing actually.
        Agent without Arcane Background: It just means you picked someone non-magical if lifting from a race or made someone non-magical if doing it de novo.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 25, 2016, 12:49:39 am »

Ah, fair enough. Thanks!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 25, 2016, 12:53:47 am »

I'm in the unusual position of wanting to create angels using a nonexistent creature as a base. Since I have so many Shiny Ones to make they'll all probably be novice agents who fight together.

Or the reborn Amathet and Sapphira can be a power duo, I haven't decided.

Fun fact, it was my own personal paranoid headcanon that Fusil was driven insane by the Void. Either directly or indirectly. It makes a frightening amount of sense if you go back to the earlier ticks and realize how much less of an arrogant megalomaniac Fusil was. Of course, I'm biased, since a lot of this idea has to do with the fact that Azem long considered Fusil (and indeed all the gods) to be playing right into the Void's appendages.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 01:51:21 am by Vgray »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #839 on: January 25, 2016, 03:14:19 am »

The current excuse for the super late update is preparation for a nice job opportunity. Most of the Tick text is done now.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 71