Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Scale worship output by race cost? (changes will be applied retroactively)

No (flat 0.3E/T/u, break-even times 3T, 5T, 8T, 13T, 19T) (pro: Balances T4-based agents, contra: Takes forever to break even)
- 6 (33.3%)
Yes (1/3 creation cost/T, break-even times 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T) (pro: 3x break-even ratio preserved, contra: Low-tier races useless)
- 2 (11.1%)
Yes ((tier + 1)/3, break-even times 3T, 6T, 8T, 10T, 12T) (pro: Maximizes above two's strengths? contra: Maximizes above two's weaknesses?)
- 9 (50%)
Yes (other scale posted in thread)
- 1 (5.6%)
Yes (another scale posted in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 71

Author Topic: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]  (Read 72537 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]
« Reply #465 on: January 17, 2016, 03:34:08 pm »

If I recall, mindless races do not provide worship.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 17, 2016, 03:36:36 pm »

Being the creator is better than nothing, when arguing who should have the soul.
And that's how it goes.

It's arguing who the nonbeliever belongs to, one has a weak justification, while the other has no justification at all.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 17, 2016, 03:39:01 pm »

Being the creator is better than nothing, when arguing who should have the soul.
And that's how it goes.

It's arguing who the nonbeliever belongs to, one has a weak justification, while the other has no justification at all.
We should make a Afterlife hub or Nexus where the netrual dead can go to any afterlife they choose.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 17, 2016, 03:39:30 pm »

Also, since they (usually) need bodies still...well, it's not generating souls that costs essence. Or not as much, at least. I'm guessing. Could be wrong. Did say they were basically just bookkeeping.

Also, I don't disagree, OOC, Ardent, but it should be that way according to who? The gods, as far as I can tell, have yet to come to any sort of accord on that point. Freedom of religion is a bit touchier when the gods get pissy if you don't sacrifice your goats every month.

As for claiming dominion over a species; sure I can. People do it all the time. It's why you don't usually let massive amounts of foreign preachers run about your lands.

I'm sayin' that you're assuming that both a. souls do anything in afterlives, and b. everyone's already agreed that if someone worships you you own their soul. Neither of which I've seen any evidence for IC, and the first one I've seen none for OOC. Seems flavor-text, at best. Not a bad thing, of course, but nonetheless.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 17, 2016, 03:44:07 pm »

And that's how it goes.

We should make a Afterlife hub or Nexus where the netrual dead can go to any afterlife they choose.
With travel agents slash salespeople?

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 17, 2016, 03:45:28 pm »

And that's how it goes.

Eh, that would clash with the afterlife-as-reward mentality.
I'd say we set up a spirit court, where they measure the actions related to a god, to see which afterlife they get sent to (good and bad hold equal weight, so if you go on a crusade against a god, you end up in their afterlife, as the ultimate karma).
It wont solve when it's truly neutral, but hey, that's an exception, not a rule.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 17, 2016, 03:46:04 pm »

Just make it your gods agents of course vir would probably have an advantage becuase she is making a race of messengers..

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 17, 2016, 03:46:22 pm »

And that's how it goes.

With travel agents slash salespeople?

We all have to create our own, and we have rules against being misleading.

This is a stupid idea. Why does it sound awesome?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 17, 2016, 03:49:32 pm »

Also, since they (usually) need bodies still...well, it's not generating souls that costs essence. Or not as much, at least. I'm guessing. Could be wrong. Did say they were basically just bookkeeping.

Also, I don't disagree, OOC, Ardent, but it should be that way according to who? The gods, as far as I can tell, have yet to come to any sort of accord on that point. Freedom of religion is a bit touchier when the gods get pissy if you don't sacrifice your goats every month.

As for claiming dominion over a species; sure I can. People do it all the time. It's why you don't usually let massive amounts of foreign preachers run about your lands.

I'm sayin' that you're assuming that both a. souls do anything in afterlives, and b. everyone's already agreed that if someone worships you you own their soul. Neither of which I've seen any evidence for IC, and the first one I've seen none for OOC. Seems flavor-text, at best. Not a bad thing, of course, but nonetheless.

Claiming entire races is one thing, especially when you work hard to keep them worshiping you as primary. On an individual level, claiming the souls of followers who left is stealing.

I'm not saying that I expected everyone to spontaneously combust in outrage, I am saying that I expected someone to at least comment on it. I'm not saying that they do anything in particular, but as we have seen with the web stuff, we have plenty of IC reason to care about where souls go. So A is out. And not everyone has to agree on B, just one or two people has to think that way and complain about it. This really isn't something we have to discuss OOC anyway.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 17, 2016, 03:50:09 pm »

Rules agasint misleading then Vir clearly wins.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 17, 2016, 03:53:35 pm »

@ATH
Based on...?

I mean, don't forget, we can have our race's psychology twisted however we like.

If that's all you meant, though, Stirk, I think they just got distracted. *shrug* The gods are fickle.

Oh, and that second point is kinda what I meant. When did we establish a 'right to stop worshipping' for mortals? :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 17, 2016, 03:56:06 pm »

Well Vir overall is a kind god who well cares and her afterlife is nice
Good lake underground tunnel planes to run and create things basically they can make what they want out of it.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 17, 2016, 03:57:33 pm »

@ATH
Based on...?

I mean, don't forget, we can have our race's psychology twisted however we like.

If that's all you meant, though, Stirk, I think they just got distracted. *shrug* The gods are fickle.

Oh, and that second point is kinda what I meant. When did we establish a 'right to stop worshipping' for mortals? :P
Yeah, Dragons are probably going to be very different mentally from other racial norms from those hindrances.

And that's a large part of the reason I'm fine with cthulhu snacking yeah, faithlessness should be discouraged, so they can all get eaten for all I care.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 17, 2016, 04:00:40 pm »

Hell virs dragons and the other gods dragons will be very Different almost certainly!

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 17, 2016, 05:27:01 pm »

I changed the yamas again to make there vow and code clearer.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 71