Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Scale worship output by race cost? (changes will be applied retroactively)

No (flat 0.3E/T/u, break-even times 3T, 5T, 8T, 13T, 19T) (pro: Balances T4-based agents, contra: Takes forever to break even)
- 6 (33.3%)
Yes (1/3 creation cost/T, break-even times 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T) (pro: 3x break-even ratio preserved, contra: Low-tier races useless)
- 2 (11.1%)
Yes ((tier + 1)/3, break-even times 3T, 6T, 8T, 10T, 12T) (pro: Maximizes above two's strengths? contra: Maximizes above two's weaknesses?)
- 9 (50%)
Yes (other scale posted in thread)
- 1 (5.6%)
Yes (another scale posted in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 71

Author Topic: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]  (Read 72473 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]
« Reply #420 on: January 16, 2016, 06:59:20 pm »

Nonsense rituals to worship you then, that other races think are stupid :P
Different cultures, different ways of showing reverence to one's god(s). I don't see a problem with that.
So if they start sacrificing millions of creatures/people in your name to keep the worlds turning and the sun shining, somewhat like the aztecs, is fine with you?
Eid wouldn't mind animal sacrifices but he would mind the sacrifice of things that have souls.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 16, 2016, 07:10:46 pm »

Smearing themselves with poop and provoking large carnivorous animals.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 16, 2016, 07:15:21 pm »

Pssst. Animals have souls.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 16, 2016, 07:23:37 pm »

Look, I'm just going by the description in the book that you defended so heavily. If it says I can pledge them to my religion as a hindrance, that's what I'm gonna do. If KJP looks at the hindrance and decides to make it a positive trait, fine, but until then there's no reason for me to exclude it.

I'm defending the book. You do really don't realize that this is a hindrance, which proved the point I was making there  ::).

I didn't give them that setup because of laziness, actually, but rather because I found it would be interesting if they would match how humans are in other games. It also means that Humans will end up being the "various skills" race and it would actually make sense if they managed to become dominant over Elves and Dwarves. It's not certain, but at least it can happen. The DF description was honestly a reference to humans being as generic as they are. :P

1. I know, I was joking.
2. It really is annoying that you are getting derivative with humans on top of everything else.

I'm not sure if this is a joke or not, but keep in mind that attacking someone IC for OOC reasons is against the rules.

Phonoi would be super-annoyed at you making these and would kill them all, which was serious. These things exist only to be your slaves, they have no Potential at all. Their only hope would be for Liberation, one way or another. At the very least you can't expect anyone else to care about them, they may have Potential as experience point fodder. Besides, do you even know who the Phonoi where?
I think the thing you're emphasizing refers to assigning hard numbers to the traits. Defining that Keen Sight+1 increases maximum visible range by 50 metres and Keen Sight +2 increases by 100 metres, for example. I price checked Fruitful-X so if the results come back differently, I can just go back to the sheets and alter it if it differs to KJP's judgement. The other "custom" traits are just variations of the ones in the book or the Tome*. The only difference is fluff. The one exception is Prideful which I will actually have to price check.

*Attractive downgraded to Slightly Attractive: Less bonus = less cost. Precedence: Arcane Background->Slightly Magical

That is very,very unlikely. Interpolation basically means "Getting new numbers based off old numbers", which is what you are doing. And which is unsupported. If you don't understand a word you can look it up you know.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 16, 2016, 07:52:34 pm »

Smearing themselves with poop and provoking large carnivorous animals.
No on both accounts. The former brings disease and the latter gets his worshipers killed.

Pssst. Animals have souls.
I thought KJP said that animals and plants didn't have souls in this game?

2. It really is annoying that you are getting derivative with humans on top of everything else.
Weren't you saying not long ago that derivation is ok like with your new Dwarves/Elves?

Phonoi would be super-annoyed at you making these and would kill them all, which was serious. These things exist only to be your slaves, they have no Potential at all. Their only hope would be for Liberation, one way or another. At the very least you can't expect anyone else to care about them, they may have Potential as experience point fodder. Besides, do you even know who the Phonoi where?
How coincidental that you create a god that just so happens to be willing to kill races that you dislike. ::) But no, I don't know who the Phonoi were.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 16, 2016, 08:16:11 pm »

I thought KJP said that animals and plants didn't have souls in this game?

No, he said they did but don't think about it too hard. As in he said the don't-think-about-it-too hard part too.

Weren't you saying not long ago that derivation is ok like with your new Dwarves/Elves?

I said it is OK as long as you put your fingerprint on it. What you are doing to Humans is actually somehow making them less original than before. Its like you're scrubbing the fingerprints off so nobody can trace it back to you before you throw it in a river and leg it.

How coincidental that you create a god that just so happens to be willing to kill races that you dislike. ::) But no, I don't know who the Phonoi were.

Oh heavens, I should have brought out one of my Perfect Pacifist gods who doesn't never kill nothing. I have a reason to dislike them IC and OOC, is that hard to understand?

Also, my writing is totally downhill today. I think I need a nap :S.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 08:17:47 pm by Stirk »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 16, 2016, 11:38:53 pm »

Souls: Such a thorny recurring question! For now, they are, by GM fiat, present in all things designated as "agents" or "races" and even some unethical things designated as "magic items." This, of course, excludes typical flora and fauna until they get turned into one of the previously mentioned classes. Since it would be annoying to make an unbroken system for doing so (that would not immediately be poked and tried and stretched), they cannot be consumed for godly energy at the moment.
Emphases mine. Animals only have souls if they're races or agents.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 17, 2016, 12:17:51 am »

Jeezus.

I didn't realize Phonoi was gonna be another semi-genocidal god. I should've guessed, really, but...he seemed so cheerful!

Oh well. Just means it'll be that much more...Fun.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 17, 2016, 12:20:39 am »

God damn is Vir seriously the only truky cheerfull god who dosent want murder but then again vir is almost a pacifist.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 17, 2016, 12:24:37 am »

Well I just created a pacifist race :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 17, 2016, 12:36:27 am »

<Clap>

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 17, 2016, 12:44:45 am »

Jeezus.

I didn't realize Phonoi was gonna be another semi-genocidal god. I should've guessed, really, but...he seemed so cheerful!

Oh well. Just means it'll be that much more...Fun.

I'm just bluffing so Andres won't notice me steal his races.

Really though, I don't plan on committing too much genocide with him :p. Don't look too much into the name. Actual reason for it:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And that is why you don't brainstorm at 5AM when you haven't slept all night.

Of course my playstyle seems to inevitably cause genocides anyway, and he really wouldn't stand for something like enslaving entire races, there *are* more effective ways to go about Liberating them which he would give at least a token attempt before murderkill starts...

...Certainly a bold move.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 17, 2016, 12:52:22 am »

Fun fact vir Means:man; husband; hero; person of courage| honor| and nobility so yeah that says a lot.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 17, 2016, 01:51:51 am »

But that's when my best ideas come out!

I once wrote an entire script for a forum game/plot in about in about an hour, at 1 in the morning. When I'm far too tired is when I'm most creative, don'tcha know.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 17, 2016, 02:05:52 am »

But that's when my best ideas come out!

I once wrote an entire script for a forum game/plot in about in about an hour, at 1 in the morning. When I'm far too tired is when I'm most creative, don'tcha know.
I wrote a novel for backstory for one of my characters on the forum.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 71