Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Scale worship output by race cost? (changes will be applied retroactively)

No (flat 0.3E/T/u, break-even times 3T, 5T, 8T, 13T, 19T) (pro: Balances T4-based agents, contra: Takes forever to break even)
- 6 (33.3%)
Yes (1/3 creation cost/T, break-even times 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T) (pro: 3x break-even ratio preserved, contra: Low-tier races useless)
- 2 (11.1%)
Yes ((tier + 1)/3, break-even times 3T, 6T, 8T, 10T, 12T) (pro: Maximizes above two's strengths? contra: Maximizes above two's weaknesses?)
- 9 (50%)
Yes (other scale posted in thread)
- 1 (5.6%)
Yes (another scale posted in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 71

Author Topic: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]  (Read 72465 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]
« Reply #405 on: January 16, 2016, 05:14:40 pm »

A hindrance to whom? That is the question. The races cannot expand and thrive if doing so goes against my will. That is certainly a hindrance, just for them, not for me. Of course, everything is in deference to KJP. It's why I posted the sheet on OOC first - to make sure everything's ok..

To you. The player. That is what hindrances are for. There is absolutely no reason there would be something that benefits you wile making it cheaper, and if there was it would be even more annoying that you are giving it to all your creations.
How about this: due to the vow, the mortals don't do anything they're not specifically told to by Eid. Suddenly, Andres is practically playing Command & Conquer with the mortals, trying to develop a macro so he can divide his attention to other endeavours. This macro, or standing divine orders given to the mortals by Eid, as they would be in the fluff, lead to serious incidents as they are followed too literally. Andres/Eid keeps developing the system to avoid these incidents, until one day YG becomes sentient enough to play by itself and kicks all the players out.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 16, 2016, 05:30:51 pm »

A hindrance to whom? That is the question. The races cannot expand and thrive if doing so goes against my will. That is certainly a hindrance, just for them, not for me. Of course, everything is in deference to KJP. It's why I posted the sheet on OOC first - to make sure everything's ok..

To you. The player. That is what hindrances are for. There is absolutely no reason there would be something that benefits you wile making it cheaper, and if there was it would be even more annoying that you are giving it to all your creations.
How about this: due to the vow, the mortals don't do anything they're not specifically told to by Eid. Suddenly, Andres is practically playing Command & Conquer with the mortals, trying to develop a macro so he can divide his attention to other endeavours. This macro, or standing divine orders given to the mortals by Eid, as they would be in the fluff, lead to serious incidents as they are followed too literally. Andres/Eid keeps developing the system to avoid these incidents, until one day YG becomes sentient enough to play by itself and kicks all the players out.
Or maybe they're super zealous, and makes a ton of holy wars.

Or follows orders to the letter, even the slightest typo or oversight can cause massive problems.

Or whatever power structures not directly endorsed by Eid gets overthrown, leading to a complete anarchy, until a king is appointed.
And then said king may go insane, but they're so unquestioning in loyalty, they'll burn the country down at the king's whim.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 16, 2016, 05:34:11 pm »

Could just be selfish bastards. The description also says a "vow to himself", so it could just work similar to being stubborn or selfish.

Or they have a species-wide vow to perform certain menial/pointless tasks every day.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 16, 2016, 05:34:43 pm »

I'm giving all of my races Loyal, come what may. Should be interesting.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 16, 2016, 05:37:26 pm »

I'm giving all of my races Loyal, come what may. Should be interesting.

I will make sure all my races are super friendly with your ones then :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 16, 2016, 06:08:14 pm »

Spoiler: Nains (click to show/hide)

So, is this also correct?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 16, 2016, 06:18:06 pm »

Not sure about gadgeteer applying to YG though, that's something for KJP. 2 novice edges for 2 major hindrances for a tier-0 creation looks good, otherwise.

There's a list of traits in the tome of info with points values if you'd prefer to use them. You can choose hindrances from the Savage Worlds thing, but the Edges might be more difficult to apply here. Again, something for KJP.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 16, 2016, 06:21:10 pm »

Tier 0 still has 2 points, so you actually have 2 points left over.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 16, 2016, 06:21:53 pm »

Also that.

I should stop thinking I know things on no sleep.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 16, 2016, 06:22:40 pm »

So again,
If I were to create regular animals, how much essence and action points would it cost me per population unit?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 16, 2016, 06:40:25 pm »

So again,
If I were to create regular animals, how much essence and action points would it cost me per population unit?

You don't have to ask again. Nobody answered because only KJP knows that right now.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 16, 2016, 06:49:00 pm »

Look, I'm just going by the description in the book that you defended so heavily. If it says I can pledge them to my religion as a hindrance, that's what I'm gonna do. If KJP looks at the hindrance and decides to make it a positive trait, fine, but until then there's no reason for me to exclude it.

For one of them you literally just put down the DF description and said "Oh, and they all get random traits/edges so I dun gotta do them.", the rest are hardly intellectually exhausting to come up with.
I didn't give them that setup because of laziness, actually, but rather because I found it would be interesting if they would match how humans are in other games. It also means that Humans will end up being the "various skills" race and it would actually make sense if they managed to become dominant over Elves and Dwarves. It's not certain, but at least it can happen. The DF description was honestly a reference to humans being as generic as they are. :P

Oh well, I guess I will just have to murder all your creations again  ::).
I'm not sure if this is a joke or not, but keep in mind that attacking someone IC for OOC reasons is against the rules.

The descriptions for traits hint at the mechanics of the traits. The exact appearance of the traits (within reason) is left up to the player. Interpolation/extrapolation for traits with + or - sizes is unsupported at this time.

Andres.

Emphasis mine.

It also says 'request'. Not 'make your own'.
I think the thing you're emphasizing refers to assigning hard numbers to the traits. Defining that Keen Sight+1 increases maximum visible range by 50 metres and Keen Sight +2 increases by 100 metres, for example. I price checked Fruitful-X so if the results come back differently, I can just go back to the sheets and alter it if it differs to KJP's judgement. The other "custom" traits are just variations of the ones in the book or the Tome*. The only difference is fluff. The one exception is Prideful which I will actually have to price check.

*Attractive downgraded to Slightly Attractive: Less bonus = less cost. Precedence: Arcane Background->Slightly Magical

Or maybe they're super zealous, and makes a ton of holy wars.

Or follows orders to the letter, even the slightest typo or oversight can cause massive problems.

Or whatever power structures not directly endorsed by Eid gets overthrown, leading to a complete anarchy, until a king is appointed.
And then said king may go insane, but they're so unquestioning in loyalty, they'll burn the country down at the king's whim.
That doesn't match what the book says about what Vow does. It's just a pledge to a religion. The Dwarves take the pledge a lot more seriously than Elves or Humans but it's hardly as crippling as either of you make it out to be.

Could just be selfish bastards. The description also says a "vow to himself", so it could just work similar to being stubborn or selfish.
Quote from: SW Rulebook
Vow (Minor/Major): The hero has a pledge to himself, a group, a deity, or a religion
I've specified that it's a pledge to myself by using parentheses.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 16, 2016, 06:50:42 pm »

Nonsense rituals to worship you then, that other races think are stupid :P

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 16, 2016, 06:52:24 pm »

Different cultures, different ways of showing reverence to one's god(s). I don't see a problem with that.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 16, 2016, 06:56:01 pm »

Different cultures, different ways of showing reverence to one's god(s). I don't see a problem with that.
So if they start sacrificing millions of creatures/people in your name to keep the worlds turning and the sun shining, somewhat like the aztecs, is fine with you?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 71