Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Scale worship output by race cost? (changes will be applied retroactively)

No (flat 0.3E/T/u, break-even times 3T, 5T, 8T, 13T, 19T) (pro: Balances T4-based agents, contra: Takes forever to break even)
- 6 (33.3%)
Yes (1/3 creation cost/T, break-even times 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T) (pro: 3x break-even ratio preserved, contra: Low-tier races useless)
- 2 (11.1%)
Yes ((tier + 1)/3, break-even times 3T, 6T, 8T, 10T, 12T) (pro: Maximizes above two's strengths? contra: Maximizes above two's weaknesses?)
- 9 (50%)
Yes (other scale posted in thread)
- 1 (5.6%)
Yes (another scale posted in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 71

Author Topic: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]  (Read 72621 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]
« Reply #150 on: January 11, 2016, 09:05:14 pm »

Why exactly?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 11, 2016, 09:11:10 pm »

Probably easier for the Gm/balance reasons.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 11, 2016, 09:14:30 pm »

Mmmmm in character reason beings only have one soul?

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 11, 2016, 09:15:15 pm »

How is the OOC 11 pages long already when the game hasn't even started?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 11, 2016, 09:16:13 pm »

How is the OOC 11 pages long already when the game hasn't even started?
*7 pages/*3.5 pages/*150+posts?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 11, 2016, 09:17:00 pm »

Why exactly?

Because having to say "From a certain point of view!" or "Objectively!" in front of statements would be absolutely stupid and unnecessary, not to mention ruin the flow of the language and defeating the point of objective/subjective statements (from a certain point of view)

...Oh, you meant the other thing :p.

Well that is what "Primary" means. Technically, if worship sharing is active, then all the Pantheon gods receive the bonus from worship. If they could worship all gods as Primaries, then every follower would be able to worship everyone, which would have a bunch of different mechanical implications (such as a race that Worships everyone generating equal essence to everyone). In addition, this *is* just my assumption for this game, I don't have any evidence to back this up.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 11, 2016, 09:18:49 pm »

Now you're just tempting Andres into doing Science! on whether or not a fused creature can have two primaries.

I kid kid... :P

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 11, 2016, 09:31:50 pm »

To be honest. I don't like how Andres is picking the most meta spheres he thinks he can get away with. It's immersion breaking and I'm sure he has a better imagination then that.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 11, 2016, 09:35:20 pm »

There's gonna be a game called dungeons and dragons at one point in this game almost certainly though it will probably knowing Vir be a lot different.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 11, 2016, 09:42:35 pm »

So what exactly do you mean with the agent system, can't seem to be able to wrap my head around it. Can we create one agent of a race with traits added upon them?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 11, 2016, 09:51:35 pm »

To be honest. I don't like how Andres is picking the most meta spheres he thinks he can get away with. It's immersion breaking and I'm sure he has a better imagination then that.
...actually, I don't know about that second part. There's been four instances of this style of game now, and each time he does the same thing, and at one point when I asked for an explanation, he basically said because he didn't want to bother trying to be more creative with it. That, plus his prodigious use of and vocal support for expies make me wonder if he honestly doesn't have the energy or the creative capacity to make original things he likes.

Which is disappointing. On the other hand, his blatant power-gaming is wholly independent of his ability to be creative, and I condemn it whole-heartedly.

Still, it's gonna be funny when the sphere of Spheres just means his god really likes shapes with all face-points being equidistant from a central point.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 11, 2016, 09:56:01 pm »

So what exactly do you mean with the agent system, can't seem to be able to wrap my head around it. Can we create one agent of a race with traits added upon them?

I can try to help, I already used it once  :P. I don't understand your question though  :-\. Basically Agents use the Character Creation rules from the "Savage Worlds" RPG in the OP. This includes making a "Race" for it, which can basically be a one-shot thing (essentially deciding on the Traits for your creation).
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 11, 2016, 09:56:11 pm »

Methinks if the GM's of these games just refused to let him pull the meta/expy crap he'd actually try to think.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 11, 2016, 11:05:58 pm »

Now you're just tempting Andres into doing Science! on whether or not a fused creature can have two primaries.

I kid kid... :P
That would actually be a fairly easy experiment to do, but only one of my gods would be interested in that kind of theory unless there were some obvious benefits.

Wait what? My spheres are meta? Could you explain that to me? So far the spheres I've chosen are Humans, Ambition, Souls, Blood, and Angels. Hardly meta concepts like Essence, Gods, or Everything.

That, plus his prodigious use of and vocal support for expies make me wonder if he honestly doesn't have the energy or the creative capacity to make original things he likes.
I support allowing expies if they're done well enough that they'd be interesting to have in the setting. As for actually making expies, I can't remember having made any since YG1.

As for my creativity, I'd appreciate it if you stopped going on about how little of it I have just because I create Humans. With Yaos, I didn't do anything that could be considered creative but I did with Malakath and Iliseth.
With Malakath, I made a bunch of changes to a magic school (or created one, I don't know), created the Spirit Weapons (which were more complex than "weapons that turn into humans" ;)), and made an extremely long (>1000 words) blueprint for a [REDACTED, KJP EYES ONLY] mostly because I felt like it.
With Iliseth I didn't have much time to do a lot (less Ticks means less Essence means less experiments), but my creation of Art was not limited to a single paragraph of detail, Stirk can vouch for that.
I haven't done anything big with Eid yet but considering the big war which took up a bunch of my resources, my imprisonment, and the fact that only 12 Ticks have passed, you can understand why.

So please, enough with the "Andres is uncreative" comments. They're annoying and they really only apply when I'm making races, races that exist only to fund projects I'm actually interested in.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 12:51:43 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 11, 2016, 11:12:31 pm »

Your current spheres are Spheres and angels. Surely I don't need to explain how that is meta.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 71