Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25

Author Topic: Deep Infirmary: The boning begins again  (Read 52203 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Deep Infirmary: Mr.Bone's Wild Ride
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2016, 03:47:38 pm »

((You shouldn't PTW a mission thread?))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2016, 03:49:55 pm »

((...The first few posts in this thread were PTWs?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2016, 03:50:27 pm »

((*facepalms*))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2016, 06:35:42 pm »

Trier, in response to the seemingly depressing news of the universe ending, was elated. "Fuck Yes!" he called triumphantly as he screamed at nothing, "I have a hole in my chest and what feels like a punctured lung, but I'm doing better than this whole God damn universe. This has got be my luck coming back to me after that three year losing streak at Rigged Rob's roulette table."

((My character has a -1 to fate and a mild case of stasis dementia if this helps.))
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 06:42:54 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2016, 06:58:21 pm »

"What."
Sigtext

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2016, 07:35:49 pm »

"When I lost for the last time on my three year gambling binge/losing streak I swore a blood oath against the universe and swore that I would either outlive it or find some way for it to refund that fortune in illegal gene mods I had lost to Rigged Rob. SO ASSUMING THAT YOU HURRY UP AND GIVE ME THAT MEDIFOAM BEFORE I SUFFOCATE!" Trier in the midst of this sudden tirade against inefficient medicine lapsed into a coughing fit. Recovering after a while he completed his sentence with, "I should be fine and will have beaten that blood oath"
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2016, 07:37:18 pm »

MEDIFOAM HAS BEEN GIVEN.
Sigtext

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2016, 12:47:01 pm »

"Crap!  Man down, some sort of hostile thing probably on the loose, and I have bad hearing now!"
"Dr. Arty here, I'm on my way!"
Arty puts a couple of robots in the backpack, readies the weapon and open the door. Keeping an eye out for surprises coming from the corridor, he goes back to the boots room.
Arty checks the vital signs through the monitoring system, and broadcast "Zek is also down, please stand by or bring the wounded here. Did you see any medical supplies?" If he's still alive, look at the vital signs for indications of a pneumothorax or a cardiac tamponade; see if there's anything I can do for him; if not, and Zek isn't completely crushed (as opposed to having just a few broken ribs or a flail chest), try increasing the O2 level in his suit and a cardiac massage - it might be futile, but it still has a chance of working.
Keep the weapon at hand at all times.

You stuff a few robots into your bag and open the door. Smoke floods into the room, and you step out into the hall, waving your hands to try and clear some of the haze. You fumble your way back down the hall. You stub your toe against something and squint to see what it is; it's the upper half of a door, along with most of one of your teammates. His suit seems to have taken the heat of the explosion quite well, but the force of it was something else. One of his legs is gone about halfway up the shin, the other is broken in a few places and he seems to have been knocked out cold. His vital signs are sporadic, probably internal bleeding, maybe lung hemorrhaging.

"Hey… Mycroft… I have an Idea…" Here Trier trailed off and gasped for air. Recovering he continued "It involves you giving me that can of medifoam you have and me not dying. Also, I guess you were right there are a lot of sharp things here." At this he once again trailed off weakly laughing and continued his desperate struggle to breath.

Patch myself up using the medical supplies scattered around the hallway and Mycroft's medifoam if he gives it to me.
You spray some Medifoam into the puncture hole in your arm and the great gash in your chest. It burns, it burns so fucking much. You pound your fist against the ground and scream as best you can with one lung. Eventually, days later if your mental reckoning is correct, it finishes expanding and hardens up. You can't breathe that well, but you can at least suck a breath in without it oozing out through your chest in bloody bubbles. There's no pain killers in the hall, but you bandage up the injuries as best you can with Mycroft's help.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2016, 01:08:07 pm »

Evacuate everyone to the tram ASAP.  Apply medifoam to the other guy if there's any left.Follow doctor's orders.  Which are to apply medifoam (and loosen the tourniquet).  Huh.
"All right, not dying before the universe does is probably a good idea.  We should get out of here."
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 10:52:51 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2016, 01:17:35 pm »

"Well I guess I'm not running cross country any time soon. A well, it hurts less than that one time I got beaten by a sod in a high stakes game of poker. When I come to think of it, I can't actually remember why a sod was in our poker game but oh well his commander was drunk so that probably explains it. Also, Mycroft what are you talking about? We still have to loot things. "

Check the first door to the right of the iced up room. Resist being evacuated

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2016, 01:26:25 pm »

"I find this a very stupid proposition.  I am returning to the tram.  You're welcome to get eviscerated."
Sigtext

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2016, 05:41:27 pm »

((I'm not complaing or anything (merely curious) but have I gotten a roll for this  mission so far, or have I not had to because of my +1 to med and endurance?))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2016, 08:29:13 pm »

((I'm not complaing or anything (merely curious) but have I gotten a roll for this  mission so far, or have I not had to because of my +1 to med and endurance?))
oh yeah you had rolls for lots of things. Dex rolls for the attempts to dodge the ice octopus, end rolls for when you got hit, not to mention the med roll you just had. I just don't normally show rolls

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2016, 09:05:05 pm »

((Okay, thanks for clearing that up.))

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2016, 09:13:08 pm »

Try to wake up.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25