Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25

Author Topic: Deep Infirmary: The boning begins again  (Read 52107 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Deep Infirmary: Mr.Bone's Wild Ride
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2016, 02:10:46 pm »

((DO IT STEP INTO THE BOOTS))

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2016, 02:23:27 pm »

"I'm poking that trap."
Morph Pimpcane into boot shape, poke trap.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2016, 02:48:47 pm »

Arty will follow the team and look around the room, crouching to examine dust. "I wish I had something to safely take a sample... If you have to pin someone to a spot like that, you can bet it's not something you want on, or in, you. Be careful with that, guys."
Prepare the weapon and open the door in the right. If mayhem does not ensue, go in and examine the room.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2016, 05:17:19 pm »

““Hmm,”” Tire mused, ““grey powder in the corners of the room and grey powder on the bodies.”” Suddenly struck by a horrible realization, he quickly radioed the rest of the team. “Hey guys, I’m pretty sure that whatever it was that killed those people came from these nozzles.” Having now performed his civic duty as a doctor and warned the public of any risk factors in the environment, he threw open the left door and dived in as Zaek placed his counterfeit boots in the trap.

Open left door and enter the room
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2016, 05:40:46 pm »

You know, getting out of here is a good idea and that door is open.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2016, 03:40:48 pm »

You know, getting out of here is a good idea and that door is open.
““Hmm,”” Tire mused, ““grey powder in the corners of the room and grey powder on the bodies.”” Suddenly struck by a horrible realization, he quickly radioed the rest of the team. “Hey guys, I’m pretty sure that whatever it was that killed those people came from these nozzles.” Having now performed his civic duty as a doctor and warned the public of any risk factors in the environment, he threw open the left door and dived in as Zaek placed his counterfeit boots in the trap.

Open left door and enter the room

You two decide that perhaps it is best not to be in this room and instead exit out the left door. The door leads to a hallway, 3 doors on the left, one at the end. Sitting in the hallway is a metal cart, the kind which holds medicine and surgical tools in an operating room. The drawers of the cart have been removed and are laying haphazardly around the room, along with dozens of scalpels, forceps, clamps, rolls of gauze, unopened sterile needles, and bags of saline. 

The first door on the left appears to be frosted over with a thin layer of ice but the two doors next to it are unremarkable, at least from what you can see.

Arty will follow the team and look around the room, crouching to examine dust. "I wish I had something to safely take a sample... If you have to pin someone to a spot like that, you can bet it's not something you want on, or in, you. Be careful with that, guys."
Prepare the weapon and open the door in the right. If mayhem does not ensue, go in and examine the room.

You walk through the right door. It opens onto a hall with two doors to the right and one at the end. But you can see from here that the one at the end isn't the actual end of the hall, it's just a door set into the wall. The hallway turns sharply to the left and continues into unseen territory.
"I'm poking that trap."
Morph Pimpcane into boot shape, poke trap.
[5]
You expertly recreate a boot with your pimp cane and stick it right into the shoe-beartrap thing.  The beartrap slams shut with surprising force, the high pitched ringing of the two metal halves slamming together echoes briefly around the room. All the doors into this room slam shut and lock with audible hydraulic hissing, and the nozzles extend an extra few inches out from the wall. There's the sound of rushing air, of gas being pumped rapidly into the room.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2016, 03:45:42 pm »

Grab a knifey thing.  Just in case.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2016, 03:48:53 pm »

Examine some of that gray powder while I wait.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2016, 04:13:49 pm »

Check the cart's drawers and then try to break through the iced up door.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2016, 04:26:34 pm »

"Er.  Probably not a good idea to break the freezer containing who-knows-what deadly pathogens or something."
Sigtext

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2016, 04:31:15 pm »

"Oh relax, we are wearing temperature controlled and airtight suits. If you don’t fall on anything sharp you'll be fine.”

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2016, 04:32:05 pm »

"Look at all of these sharp things."
Sigtext

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2016, 04:33:54 pm »

"Walk carefully then."

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2016, 07:17:15 pm »

"Damn! There goes stealth, and I'm all alone... " Arty thinks to himself. he steps away from the door from which he came.
Dropping into a stabilizing crouch, he keeps the weapon ready while listening for movement on the rooms along the corridor. He keeps in mind that the guy with the cane may have been transformed into some aberration like those he saw on the files, and he might have to kill him.
If there are no sounds from the rooms, he'll open the first one; if there is something in one he'll open the other; if both seem to have occupants, he'll stay put, alert, and silent, while waiting for the doors to open, as the other guy also might be actually OK.
If the door opens and Zormod's character is mutated or behaving (more) abnormally (than usual), shoot kill him first and ask questions autopsy him later.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2016, 08:50:24 pm »

I wonder what this will do to me.
Quote from: Zek'thal to Team
You might want to keep an eye on my biosigns for a while. A gas is being pumped into this room, and I doubt its effects on me will be positive.
I am alone in here, and I think that you will need to wait a few moments before trying to open the door. They are currently locked, and will likely stay that way until the process is complete.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25