Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25

Author Topic: Mercenaries of [FATE] OOC (Players Needed)  (Read 24602 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Mercenaries of [FATE] OOC (Players Needed)
« Reply #330 on: July 17, 2016, 06:59:04 pm »

Nabih?
Black lives matter.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 17, 2016, 08:12:21 pm »

Maybe a static bonus to Notice to preemptively detect anything that could be a threat to Nabih's or her life?
A bit too broad, it would basically be a free initiative bump with benefits.
A static bonus to Notice specifically when opposing stealth checks? That'd foil most assassins.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 18, 2016, 07:29:58 pm »

What do you think, Gig?

Also, the armor discussion does match my worries about their price. If we're still using PF figures, Scale Mail would be the suit with the best cost/benefit ratio for my funds and I'd still spend a lot unless I made a killing in a haggle check. How long would crafting a suit of armor take, by the way?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 19, 2016, 04:49:40 am »

Seems fine.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 20, 2016, 02:39:16 am »

How tall is Nabih?

I forgot to reply to this one. I never gave it too much thought, but he's unlikely to be tall; maybe 173cm. Judging by her Physique score, Ghaminia is likely to be either tall and muscular or at least muscular, hence my comment.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 20, 2016, 03:27:59 am »

How long would crafting a suit of armor take, by the way?
Basically X silver per day towards the value of the item, +/- cumulative 10%'s based on your roll.
Sorta.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 20, 2016, 05:51:27 am »

How tall is Nabih?

I forgot to reply to this one. I never gave it too much thought, but he's unlikely to be tall; maybe 173cm. Judging by her Physique score, Ghaminia is likely to be either tall and muscular or at least muscular, hence my comment.
Wow, yeah, Nabih is dwarfed by Ghaminia; I imagined her to be approaching two metres in height.
Ghaminia ain't no short girl.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 20, 2016, 09:35:07 am »

She's even taller than I thought, though it does make sense. She might need to princess-carry him out of combat, after all.

@Tack: How does assistance factor in? Since Nabih will have to borrow a smithy anyway so he might as well get some hirelings to provide help in the less delicate tasks. Maybe one or two since there's a limit to the amount of people who can try to help before it becomes a crowded mess.
>Yes?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 20, 2016, 10:24:20 pm »

Okay

I am commit to being part of this again

Though one (main) post per day at max should be expected on weekdays. Apology. I might manage two, but expecting it would be bad idea.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 20, 2016, 10:41:56 pm »

@Sentient Bowtie: Just assume Larok was invited to come along. I just didn't bother writing it word by word because I thought it was implied and there was a small time-jump, but here you have it.
>Yes?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 20, 2016, 10:50:31 pm »

Oh, okay. I tend to assume things if I'm not explicitly told something else. :P
Black lives matter.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 21, 2016, 01:58:48 pm »

@Tack: How does assistance factor in? Since Nabih will have to borrow a smithy anyway so he might as well get some hirelings to provide help in the less delicate tasks. Maybe one or two since there's a limit to the amount of people who can try to help before it becomes a crowded mess.

Posting this once more. I have my fears PF's gold/adventurer-focused economy might break me, but it's still to be seen.
>Yes?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 21, 2016, 02:21:36 pm »

Well if you're going to borrow a smithy you could probably bribe their apprentice a few bob to help you out with the menial stuff.
If you buy a smithy, well I assume you'd have permanent staff you'd have to pay, but that carries the benefit that they'd be working on stuff whilst you're off on campaign.
Although, considering Nabih, he'd probably prefer send a general off on campaign and stay in the smithy :P

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 21, 2016, 06:10:55 pm »

If/when we actually get to full-blown campaigns, his presence will most likely be necessary. He's probably a mediocre tactician but a good strategist, specially when it comes to logistics. He'd prefer to stick to inventing and building inventions, though.

And since we're going to go on an adventure, I hope Nabih and Ghaminia did start with a wagon to travel to Dashness.
>Yes?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 21, 2016, 07:09:23 pm »

That or they booked passage.
If not you'll be hitching a ride with the caravan anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25