Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 90

Author Topic: Dark Souls Emblem IC  (Read 82379 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls Emblem IC
« Reply #1230 on: April 12, 2018, 04:11:56 pm »

"Sure, but it's very bitter and is so cold it almost burns."

Ariston let Iris borrow his Estus Flask and took the proffered brew in return.

"Hm. I almost wonder if I drank from your flask, if it would taste the same as mine - that is, whether each flask's flavor actually different, or only our perception of what the contents are?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: April 12, 2018, 04:29:53 pm »

”They don’t all taste the same? How strange. I thought it was sort of a universal taste. Mine is rather creamy, but sweet, too. It settles on your tongue and stays for some time. I quite like it.”
Black lives matter.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: April 12, 2018, 04:43:20 pm »

Yilda stepped away from the others, back to the bonfire, in order to refill her flask. She held the flask forward, allowing the flame to flow forth into the emerald container, filling it with a gentle warmth.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: April 12, 2018, 04:47:10 pm »

"Would you mind much if I had the potion? It's a bit harder to put lethal force into an arrow than an axe, as far as I can tell, so I think the help would be welcome."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: April 12, 2018, 04:49:29 pm »

"I... suppose so. My armor is more important to our survival than my weapon, anyway."

Ariston gives the Warrior Tincture to Rosalia.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: April 12, 2018, 04:55:16 pm »

"How... decadent of you. To eat when one doesn't hunger. Truly, you are a person of many surprises."

"We may not hunger, but eating well still brings us joy. Only the Hollows known Hunger without surcease...I prefer to think of my condition as one with new opportunities and sensations, rather than defining myself by my limits.

It's not like I have to worry about gaining any weight, for example..."

"Hm. I almost wonder if I drank from your flask, if it would taste the same as mine - that is, whether each flask's flavor actually different, or only our perception of what the contents are?"

"Uncharted waters. My sense of taste and smell were always finely attuned, and I enjoyed cooking as much as any art, so it's possible I sense things others can't...it's entirely possible, I could serve all eight of us, and serve eight different meals...I do find it interesting that you find the flavor of your own flask unappealing. And yet, Damon quite likes his own distillation, and detects no other flavors..."

Iris gad smacked Aristons hand away with her spoon when he reached for the pot.

"It's not done yet! A few more minutes."

In the meantime, she took a fluted clay cup from her pack and decanted Aristons flask, swirling and sniffing as if she was tasting a fine wine.

"Would you mind much if I had the potion? It's a bit harder to put lethal force into an arrow than an axe, as far as I can tell, so I think the help would be welcome."

Ariston had said so, so Iris was fine with her having it. She took it off the bonfire and handed the pot to Rosalia-no need to worry about burning your mittens anymore.

"Enjoy the Threap Soup. You'll have to tell me how it tastes! Really, it tastes and smells differently for everyone who tries it."
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 04:58:01 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: April 12, 2018, 11:15:25 pm »

Damon cocks his head to the side before checking if his flask was full (it was), and then proffers it to Ariston.
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: April 13, 2018, 07:19:18 am »

"I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try."

Ariston took the flask and half-raised it in a sort of toast before putting it to his lips and slugging it back.

"Hmm. It's not like you described it, but it's different than mine."

To the general, it was a bit of a sour but intriguing flavor that came with an aftertaste of warmth, which was not unlike strong alcohol. He took another drink and then passed it back.

I wonder if it is our individual tastes... or perhaps our thoughts toward the person whose flask it is.

"It tastes mostly of whiskey to me."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: April 13, 2018, 07:36:15 am »

”Mm. Interesting. It’s a shame we don’t have any of the real thing to share, isn’t it?” Damon nudges Ariston companionably.

”I seem to remember you enjoying it a tad more than someone of your station should.”
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 08:00:43 am by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: April 13, 2018, 07:40:31 am »

"Aye, that it is. And, well... Being in charge is a stressful position. I had to unwind somehow. At least I stayed out of trouble."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: April 13, 2018, 08:01:48 am »

”Not with our superiors, perhaps. Only our equals and inferiors.”
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: April 14, 2018, 09:29:09 pm »

Rosalia eats the Warrior's Tincture-soup, slowly so as not to burn herself.

"Mmm... an interesting taste. I don't think I've had anything like it before, but it's pretty good!" she said, already feeling a bit stronger - although that might just be in her head.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: April 15, 2018, 11:30:37 am »

Rosalia eats the Warrior's Tincture-soup, slowly so as not to burn herself.

"Mmm... an interesting taste. I don't think I've had anything like it before, but it's pretty good!" she said, already feeling a bit stronger - although that might just be in her head.
Beneath the warmth of Estus, the soup tastes of iron and strife, of long days spent training, of the feeling of a spear through your guts on a forgotten battlefield. After finishing it, a thrum of energy seems to go through Rosalia's muscles - then the feeling fades almost completely, leaving just a lingering sensation of strength.

Rosalia gains +1 STR.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: April 15, 2018, 12:43:02 pm »

Iris poured another mug of Aristons flask-and handed the flask back to him.

"Hmm, quite bracing! Like a cold dash of water from a fountain, no frills. Could use a bit of an autumn alignment to counter the bitterness..." She said, zapping her cup with a nimbus of green fire from her hands.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: April 16, 2018, 12:51:29 am »

”An autumn alignment...? We’re still talking about cooking, correct?”
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 90