Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30

Author Topic: Omega Legion Team Two: A Life for a Life.  (Read 39007 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion Team Two: A Life for a Life.
« Reply #360 on: March 04, 2016, 12:20:31 pm »

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT? YOU WOULD DO BEST TO FLEE, CREATURE.

Advise the cow, and then be on my way.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 04, 2016, 01:39:08 pm »

So I still have a sliver of consciousness left. Allright, full processing power to regaining my sensen then. Robutt computing at max force. THE POWER OF SCIENCE COMPELLS ME TO WAKE UP!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 04, 2016, 06:09:01 pm »

GO GO GO I'LL FIGURE OUT WHAT HAPPENED AFTERWARDS DON'T RESIST ANY HELP FEEL TERRIBLE FOR SOME REASON THAT I DON'T COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 04, 2016, 06:12:45 pm »

((...So Ebony was the only one with a mark to get off unscathed, through good old fashioned running the fuck away.

Awesome.

Also, I'm assuming the cow DoctorMcTaalik's character is seeing is a different one?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 04, 2016, 06:16:09 pm »

((...So Ebony was the only one with a mark to get off unscathed, through good old fashioned running the fuck away.

Awesome.

Also, I'm assuming the cow DoctorMcTaalik's character is seeing is a different one?))

((I was working under the assumption that it was the same cow, myself.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 05, 2016, 03:32:50 pm »

I do not have the time for this!
I heave Reggie into the cart
"Keep moving sir, I'm going to find out why it's suddenly gotten so quiet."
I then change -again- into raven form, and take to the air. Is the goop still moving?
You and the priest get the heavy lump up into the cart after a few minutes of struggling. You stop, breathe a minute, remind the priest to hang onto your clothes, and shift into birdform. Up in the air, you see the black goop all over a good portion of the village. It seems unmoving from your current viewpoint.

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT? YOU WOULD DO BEST TO FLEE, CREATURE.

Advise the cow, and then be on my way.
You, with your -2 charisma, are bolding an action to influence an NPC? Again? You realize I now have to roll for this? You lucky bastard. You stand up, look sternly into the cow being's eyes, and screech at the top of your lungs while launching your self intpo it's face. teh thing squeals, rears up, shakes you off, and turns tail and runs far from you. Now, where are you going?

So I still have a sliver of consciousness left. Allright, full processing power to regaining my sensen then. Robutt computing at max force. THE POWER OF SCIENCE COMPELLS ME TO WAKE UP!
A creative use of the skill. You seem better at robocomp than at alchemy, anyway. You sit up abrupty, like all those shows where someone wakes from a nightmare and sits bolt upright. You can do that, being a construct, whereas humans have this thing called sleep paralysis, but who cares? Yo ushout out "Enraged declaration: Alchemic death curse and essence transference!" While simultaneously casting a motion transfer spell between yourself and the goop. Since the goop around you is not moving, this has very little effect. You climb unsteadily to your feet, damaged knee joints squealing in protest.

GO GO GO I'LL FIGURE OUT WHAT HAPPENED AFTERWARDS DON'T RESIST ANY HELP FEEL TERRIBLE FOR SOME REASON THAT I DON'T COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND.
You sit there feeling fucking awful for reasons you understand all too well. You killed a teammate. you know it for certain. it is written in pain on your soul. Fortyunately, you also know exactly where and in what state all of your other teammates are, except Aylia, even when she is right  beside you, you only sort of know this.

Awesome.

(5) You lurch back when a screeching and hollering bundle of flexible fingers leaps at the cow and latches onto it's face. "oh gods, terrance! You about gave me an anyeurism!"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 05, 2016, 03:37:48 pm »

Ebony puts her hand on her chest as her heart rate goes down to normal. "Terrance? You alright? What happened?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 05, 2016, 03:38:16 pm »

((Reggie will hopefully never find out he probably indirectly killed someone))
You sit there feeling fucking awful for reasons you understand all too well. You killed a teammate. you know it for certain. it is written in pain on your soul.
((This pleases me. Now go have some character development, you earned it with my blood.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 05, 2016, 03:51:31 pm »

((Reggie is...gonna need some time to think.))
Keep heading to the lake probably crying
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 05, 2016, 03:52:17 pm »

You seem better at robocomp than at alchemy, anyway.
((Yeah. Maybe I should get more robot/construct related things if I get out of this.))

Clunkers looks around him.

"Surprised statement: This one would have though the goop would have consumed this one while this one was out cold."

Make my way out of the goop. Take it slow and easy, only start running if the goop starts moving again.

Observe the goop for a bit, if it doesn't move after a solid 5-10 minutes shout: "The goop has gone inert" at the top of whatever I've got for lungs.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 05, 2016, 04:37:12 pm »

((I got clothes? not complaining but when did that happen?))

I circle the area, searching for anyone injured that might need help, any teammates, or anyone with a clue what is going on with this goop.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 05, 2016, 04:39:20 pm »

OH, UH, HELLO THERE. YES. YES,I AM FINE. SORRY ABOUT THAT- I WAS JUST IMPRESSINNG UPON THAT THING, THAT SIR OR MADAM BACK THERE, THAT WE ARE IN A BIT OF A TIGHT SPOT, AND THAT HE OR SHE MAY WANT TO PUT SOME SPACE BETWEEN ITSELF AND THE TOWN. I THINK I EXPLAINED MY POINT A LITTLE TOO WELL, IN HINDSIGHT.

YOU ARE WITH OMEGA, I TAKE IT? PLEASE DO NOT PANIC, BUT YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT THE TOWN IS CURRENTLY BEING RAPIDLY CONSUMED BY A MASS OF WHAT WAS UNTIL RECENTLY INERT ALCHEMICAL WASTE. IF YOU WOULD LIKE, YOU COULD FLEE WITH ME.

I mostly just wanted to go somewhere that the goop wasn't- out of town, or at least to a different part of town. My biggest takeaway from this game so far is that when in doubt, you should always flee either into or out of town. (Depending where you are at the moment).

If you want more specifics.... Well, I don't really know where I'm at right this moment, so I don't have much. If there's a nearby hill, that would be good, but otherwise I guess I'll run for the woods (unless that necessitates crossing the goop).

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 05, 2016, 04:42:08 pm »

"I know about the goo, I ran out almost immediately after I heard it was advancing. I got about this far when I felt something really wrong with my mark. Any idea what that was? Does that mean we failed the mission or something?"
Sigtext!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 05, 2016, 09:39:20 pm »

((I got clothes? not complaining but when did that happen?))
Nope. My bad. It was an alternate action for the priest when you first came into the shrine to offer you an acolyte's skirt. I must have deleted that when I rolled for his reaction to your action, and he left to get the cart.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 05, 2016, 10:35:25 pm »

((ah, oh well. thanks for the info.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 30