Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30

Author Topic: Omega Legion Team Two: A Life for a Life.  (Read 38987 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion Team Two: A Life for a Life.
« Reply #375 on: March 07, 2016, 02:59:33 pm »

((Reggie is...gonna need some time to think.))
Keep heading to the lake probably crying Lakeward the cart carries you as you sit and contemplate in sadness and sorrow. You hear Clunker's announcement about the goop. Somehow, you already knew.

((I just want you to know, that wasn't a punishment or me being angry. looking back at the way I worded it, it could have been. It was how the rolls and actions played out, and I tried to throw in some flavor text with the language and all. Like Egan said, it's an opportunity for character development. Poor naive Reggie :/ )0

You seem better at robocomp than at alchemy, anyway.
((Yeah. Maybe I should get more robot/construct related things if I get out of this.))

Clunkers looks around him.

"Surprised statement: This one would have though the goop would have consumed this one while this one was out cold."

Make my way out of the goop. Take it slow and easy, only start running if the goop starts moving again.

Observe the goop for a bit, if it doesn't move after a solid 5-10 minutes shout: "The goop has gone inert" at the top of whatever I've got for lungs.

You find some dry land and observe the black crud for a while. You yell so loud a nearby bird drops out of the sky. the feeedback leaves your ears ringing. Anyone within town limits probably heard and understood you. outside of town (where most of the pcs are, apparently) they would have heard something like the feedback from an amplifier and some distortion - enough to make the words incomprehensible. You consider yourself very fortunate to have survived this little episode.

((I got clothes? not complaining but when did that happen?))

I circle the area, searching for anyone injured that might need help, any teammates, or anyone with a clue what is going on with this goop.
The town is rather empty, except for Clunkers shouting and the priest and Reggie heading shoreward. You see some cows i nthe distance, and what looks like a bull running for the woods for some reason. You see the mayor or village head or local gang leadert -it was never really made clear exactly -standing north of town with a couple other people on the road, looking after a couple stragglers heading out of town. No one seems injured.

Out on the lake, you see a boat, where a boat was not a moment before. it drifts unassisted over to the upturned craft you guys came in on, and that craft rights itself. Something begins collecting what few crates remain bobbing about on the surface nearby. the newly arrived boat then proceeds shoreward - toward the platform that passes for a dock here.

OH, UH, HELLO THERE. YES. YES,I AM FINE. SORRY ABOUT THAT- I WAS JUST IMPRESSINNG UPON THAT THING, THAT SIR OR MADAM BACK THERE, THAT WE ARE IN A BIT OF A TIGHT SPOT, AND THAT HE OR SHE MAY WANT TO PUT SOME SPACE BETWEEN ITSELF AND THE TOWN. I THINK I EXPLAINED MY POINT A LITTLE TOO WELL, IN HINDSIGHT.

YOU ARE WITH OMEGA, I TAKE IT? PLEASE DO NOT PANIC, BUT YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT THE TOWN IS CURRENTLY BEING RAPIDLY CONSUMED BY A MASS OF WHAT WAS UNTIL RECENTLY INERT ALCHEMICAL WASTE. IF YOU WOULD LIKE, YOU COULD FLEE WITH ME.

I mostly just wanted to go somewhere that the goop wasn't- out of town, or at least to a different part of town. My biggest takeaway from this game so far is that when in doubt, you should always flee either into or out of town. (Depending where you are at the moment).

If you want more specifics.... Well, I don't really know where I'm at right this moment, so I don't have much. If there's a nearby hill, that would be good, but otherwise I guess I'll run for the woods (unless that necessitates crossing the goop).

You wander around for a bit, looking for high ground or trees. You fall into a well. It hurts. A lot.

"I know about the goo, I ran out almost immediately after I heard it was advancing. I got about this far when I felt something really wrong with my mark. Any idea what that was? Does that mean we failed the mission or something?"
I'm assuming you are hanging out with Terrance at this point. You guys chat for a while about livestock and dirty work while Terrance leads you with confidence. Mid sentence, he disappears. You stop just short of the well he overlooked "Terrance? Terrance? Are you hiding from that gunk? Were you dehydrated? Sh-should I come down there too?"
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 08:07:20 am by Ozarck »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 07, 2016, 03:02:55 pm »

Quote tags are a bit broken, pal.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 07, 2016, 03:14:49 pm »

fixed. thanks :)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 07, 2016, 03:17:01 pm »

((Punishment don't know what your talking about pal as a player im just trying to think how Reggie will be affected by this I've determined that he is not gonna change much during this mission so when he gets back he's gonna think and come to a conclusion.))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 07, 2016, 03:28:28 pm »

You consider yourself very fortunate to have survived this little episode.

((I'm assuming you mean the whole alchegoop thing, and not the shouting? Also, damn, I'll have to remember I can shout that loud. Could come in handy at some point.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 07, 2016, 03:43:12 pm »

Wait for boat try to piece together exactly what I did that killed someone turn to the preacher/priest person
Hi I'm...uh Reggie I think I was...Unconscious....a bunch of people beat me up really bad.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 08, 2016, 02:07:30 am »

I fly down to the Omega golem that still hasnt told me its name, landing someplace elevated and goop-free, and shift into my base form.
"Are you and the alchemist okay? What happened to the goop to make it do that?"
((Pans quote tag still broken))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 08, 2016, 07:55:29 am »

I fly down to the Omega golem that still hasnt told me its name, landing someplace elevated and goop-free, and shift into my base form.
"Answer: This one has been damaged in the leg joints and is in need of some serious scrubbing, but this one is otherwise fine. The alchemist was attempting to do an alchemical procedure in the goop when it became violent, and this one has not seen him since. Conjecture: This one would venture a guess that the procedure went wrong. Snide statement: This one does not find that surprising, given the level of competence of the alchemist in question."

Clunkers responds.

Robutt computing for a full system diagnose to see how damaged I am.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 08, 2016, 08:11:25 am »

-edit- redacted because conversation changed by below.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 08:24:46 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 08, 2016, 08:21:54 am »

Wait for boat try to piece together exactly what I did that killed someone turn to the preacher/priest person
Hi I'm...uh Reggie I think I was...Unconscious....a bunch of people beat me up really bad.
You do some soul searching and conclude that you must have drained the life of a teammate in response to the intrusion of a hostile will into your being.

"You should probably stay away from farmers' daughters, lad. They can be trouble for a boy like you. they tend to be a bit more adventurous than their fathers and brothers like, and they can get a little protective, you get me?"

fixed again. thanks. also you do that stuff no problem.

"Answer: This one has been damaged in the leg joints and is in need of some serious scrubbing, but this one is otherwise fine. The alchemist was attempting to do an alchemical procedure in the goop when it became violent, and this one has not seen him since. Conjecture: This one would venture a guess that the procedure went wrong. Snide statement: This one does not find that surprising, given the level of competence of the alchemist in question."

Clunkers responds.

Robutt computing for a full system diagnose to see how damaged I am.
You open your mouth to tell a nice story about incompetence.

"I held the alchemist's head under the goop until he was dead. he cast a death's curse on me, which marked me for death. the goop responded violently and I brought about disaster for the team and myself."

huh. better add you verbal editing software to that diagnostic:

Welp, there's the problem. remnants of the death curse remain embedded in your bronze. apparently the alchemist didn't want you to hide what happened. Also, your knees servos are cracked, your face parts are dented, and one shin is crushed inward, like it was gripped by a mighty bronze golem and squeezed. You have goop in various joints and orifices, and some parts of your internals are cracked, dislodged, or otherwise inoperative. It feels like the power core is not connecting steadily to some components, and you are slowly losing energy. you should really get back to Omega to get a tune up, replace your knees and leg, and get that power supply realigned.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 08, 2016, 08:29:57 am »

"Surprised statement: Not as incompetent as this one had thought. Neutral statement: This one is also more damaged than I previously thought. Pondering statement: This one wonders why he used his death curse so this one could not hide the truth instead of, say, destroying this one. Organics are odd."

((fucking mages screwing up the perfect murder.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 08, 2016, 08:30:48 am »

"You... you did WHAT? Why?!?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 08, 2016, 08:44:40 am »

"Perplexed statement: Because the little organic was infuriating as all hell. Exactly the kind of stuck up magister who thinks they are better than anyone else. Now he is non-functional and will not bother anyone again. He really grinded on this one's gears, reminded this one of the magister who lead to this one becoming a damaged unit."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 08, 2016, 08:51:25 am »

"So you let emotion overcome reason and intentionally failed our mission over petty words... like us organics do. Well, organic-minded golem, a boat is coming to the docks, probably to recall us. meet up there please? I'll try to notify the rest of us."
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30