Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30

Author Topic: Omega Legion Team Two: A Life for a Life.  (Read 39095 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion Team Two: Angry Globs.
« Reply #330 on: February 28, 2016, 05:01:57 pm »

Use magic to become hard to see and deprive these two of their silver.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 28, 2016, 05:10:08 pm »

((Yolo doubt this will work))
Wake up by expending a small amount of power from parts of my soul/souls that are not exhausted'Begin getting away.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 28, 2016, 05:56:43 pm »

Glance at the painting again before I leave, putting it away afterwards of course. Anyway I next go back to circling over the town and observing the status of the goop, being careful to avoid any fumes.

((Sorry ATH, but there's a reason Aylia wanted help to carry Reggie back the first time, and had no way to know the shrine was going to come under goop assault today.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 28, 2016, 06:06:05 pm »

((Eh Reggie if he gets consumed....he has a chance I'd say simply because of what his soul is like I feel but the alchemist might try and save Reggie out of alchemical curiosity.))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 29, 2016, 04:57:12 pm »

Run away!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 01, 2016, 09:14:10 am »

Okay, yeah, so do my second action. Try to use another vial or a piece of charcoal to make the goop into something less threatening and keep running. If I have some downtime, do robutt computing to find a better way to battle the goop short term. 
You empty a vial and concentrate on the glass. there isn't much of it, so you can't make a mighty glass sea, but you manage to drive some of the goop out of your joints and make a minor glass barrier around them. So that will keep the goop from eating your innards for a little while. as for running, you are kinda tumbling right now, so let's see if you get your feet under you. You hit the ground hard, knees crouched and surprisingly upright, give a mighty push, and leap out of the goop encasing you. You crash headlong into the eaves of a nearby building, and cling desparately to the edge of the roof. You strained your legs in that jump, damaging your knee servos, but they appear to be able to hold you for now. the goop is bunching below you and rising, thin tendrils reaching up to grope at your feet. As for calculations: you think, a bit belatedly, that a transferance of motion spell might have helped, or perhaps you could do something with the stone of the wall in front of you, besides make dents in your face with it.

Use magic to become hard to see and deprive these two of their silver.
"I am the grass. I am the ground." You become one with your surroundings. Unfortunately, apparently, you have made your quarry one with their surroundings also. You've lost them.

((Yolo doubt this will work))
Wake up by expending a small amount of power from parts of my soul/souls that are not exhausted'Begin getting away.
Deep in your soul, you feel a quiver of urgency, of need, ... of anger? something reaches out to you, some essence resonates with your own. two more turns.

Glance at the painting again before I leave, putting it away afterwards of course. Anyway I next go back to circling over the town and observing the status of the goop, being careful to avoid any fumes.

((Sorry ATH, but there's a reason Aylia wanted help to carry Reggie back the first time, and had no way to know the shrine was going to come under goop assault today.))
You look at your image, but are too pressed for time to really read anything useful, if anything is there. You feel that the girl in the painting is anxious, maybe? Or maybe that's just you, right now, worried about your comrades. Hard to say. You don't get back to town in time for this round, as all the actions are pretty quick paced right now, and you flew a goodly little distance. Unencumbered, the return flight will be much smoother and you'll be there this coming turn.

Run away!
You dash ahead and attempt to dodge around a building. unfortunately, you dodge int another pile of the goop, which was heading surprisingly quickly in the same direction you were going. The goop clings instantly to several of your legs, seemingly turning it's attention directly to you. It is not a pleasant feeling. it's more of a burning and crushing feeling. And that's bad.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 01, 2016, 10:17:14 am »

Upon arrival I survey the status and growth rate of the goop, and the progress of the evacuation of the town.

assuming I don't notice something unexpected, then I'll fly into the shrine and shift to full-human, and attempt to get Reggie's body out of harm's way. If, as I suspect he is, he's too heavy for me to carry at a speed fast enough to stay ahead of the expanding goop, then I'll drape him over my back while I'm on my hands and knees, then shift into horse form and get us both out of there that way. hopefully he won't fall off because if he does I'm not going to have the time to retrieve him.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:24:15 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 01, 2016, 10:33:07 am »

GRASP IT WITH EVERYTHING I GOT LET IT FUEL ME  AND REFORM MYSELF BEGIN RUNNING TOWARDS THE LAKE DON'T RESIST EFFORTS TO HELP..
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:35:41 am by AbstractTraitorHero »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 01, 2016, 10:35:11 am »

"Urgent Statement: Some aid would be very handy at this time, fellow legionnaires."

See if I can't haul myself up on the roof. If I can, do so at once, then carefully move over to the far side of the roof and observe my options.

If I CANNOT haul myself up, wait for a tendril to touch my foot and then use the wall in front of me to alchemy the essence of stone into the tendril, trying to turn as much of the goop into inert stone.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 01, 2016, 03:49:12 pm »

*Sssssigh*

Go hide near one of the paths out of town and wait for someone with money to pass by. If that goop starts to get too close just go bide some time in the woods.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 01, 2016, 05:05:56 pm »

Fight my way free. If I'm capable of detaching any tentacles, do it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 02, 2016, 09:14:33 am »

Upon arrival I survey the status and growth rate of the goop, and the progress of the evacuation of the town.

assuming I don't notice something unexpected, then I'll fly into the shrine and shift to full-human, and attempt to get Reggie's body out of harm's way. If, as I suspect he is, he's too heavy for me to carry at a speed fast enough to stay ahead of the expanding goop, then I'll drape him over my back while I'm on my hands and knees, then shift into horse form and get us both out of there that way. hopefully he won't fall off because if he does I'm not going to have the time to retrieve him.
Well, you see the goop sort of coalsecing in various places, not so much expanding as redirecting. Clearly much of it is after the big brass clockwork man, but several units of goop are tearing at houses, chasing chickens and cats, and rising up sunward in long, spindly tendrils before crashing down again, sometimes breaking something as they fall, sometimes being broken.
you fly into the shrine, change into girlform, and hear a startled exclamation from the local priest. Something about fortune and daylight, or something. "We gotta get my friend and get out of here!" you cry out, pointing at the body. "Righteo!" He exclaims and rushes off. As he does, you see the body begin to twitch and stir. "Reggie?"

GRASP IT WITH EVERYTHING I GOT LET IT FUEL ME  AND REFORM MYSELF BEGIN RUNNING TOWARDS THE LAKE DON'T RESIST EFFORTS TO HELP..
You feel a great inwash of pure hatred. You seek to take it in, to become strong, and alive. But it is also pulling you in, making you it's own. You welcome light, heat, emotion - any sensation at all, and are caught up in it. You feel yourself being made anew, and it is both wonderful and terrible. You feel both the ouroboros and the Omega brand light up with fire and ice, fueling life, death, love and hate.

"Urgent Statement: Some aid would be very handy at this time, fellow legionnaires."

See if I can't haul myself up on the roof. If I can, do so at once, then carefully move over to the far side of the roof and observe my options.

If I CANNOT haul myself up, wait for a tendril to touch my foot and then use the wall in front of me to alchemy the essence of stone into the tendril, trying to turn as much of the goop into inert stone.

You pull upward, and the chunk of rooftop you are holding comes away in your hands, dropping you like a ton of brass clockwork into the goop with a resounding splorp! instantly you feel the goop pulling at your joints, tugging you apart. Fortunately, your fall splatted the goop outward, and it is somewhat slow to encase you again. You flail about for anything to use to transmute this cursed crud, but come up empty handed. Suddenly, a bright flame of pain etches itself across your body, tracing in minute detail the Omega brand. the pain resonates with malice, and the goop surrounding you sweeps sideways, carrying you along as it does.

*Sssssigh*

Go hide near one of the paths out of town and wait for someone with money to pass by. If that goop starts to get too close just go bide some time in the woods.
Looks like very few people are left in town at all. Suddenly, in your altered vision, a black wave of impure essense radiates outward from the town, bubbling up and racing across the void. it slams into you, setting your brand on fire, before falling back inward, leaving you attached by a long dark tendril to two essences, one but a faint whisper, the other a sudden, bright flash. Other tendrils link other beings to these, and you feel an intense, consuming interest aimed at you. You turn tail and slither as fast and as far as you can, in the direction exactly opposite that dancing radiance.

Fight my way free. If I'm capable of detaching any tentacles, do it.
You can't detach tentacles, but you do have the benefit of having lots of them, and you get a good grip on a nearby fencepost and yank yourself free of the goop, just as the entire thing lurches sideways pretty suddenly. You are already in a sprint toward the edge of town when you feel your brand go cold as ice. it feels as if the brand is crawling across your epidermis, wrapping itself around your head and trying to bore into your brain.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 02, 2016, 10:11:55 am »

DOMINATE THE OTHER PRESENCE WITH MY SOUL USE IT AND MY OWN SOUL TO GET UP AND RUN AWAY FROM DANGER ALSO DON'T RESIST HELP FROM FRIENDS OR VILLAGERS.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 02, 2016, 10:12:55 am »

Nigga I ain't done yet. If I can still act, eg. if that omega brand doesn't prevent me from moving, Attempt to sacrifice one of my arms to transfer the essence of motion and hurl myself clear from the goop.

If it works, start running, fast like, away from the goop

If it doesn't work and the goop still gets to me, see if I can't transfer the essence of energy from the goop, taking heat from it into myself.

"Defeated statement: This one should have trained in something besides alchemy. Curse that useless magister for making this one so useless in combat."
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 04:54:48 pm by Pancaek »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 02, 2016, 11:16:12 am »

((Note: Aylia's voice is italic mediumorchid, and she is in full-human form instead of her birth form.))
I watch Reggie and the priest, remembering the rate of goop expansion and estimating how much time we have left to run. As Reggie awakens I sieze his arm and help him up, half-dragging him with me as we get out of here.
"Reggie we HAVE GOT TO GO! We're in extreme danger here. Comon we need to MOVE!"
GTFO
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30