Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30

Author Topic: Omega Legion Team Two: A Life for a Life.  (Read 39101 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion Team Two: Angry mobs.
« Reply #315 on: February 27, 2016, 04:56:01 am »

Is the goop expanding too fast for people to escape it without a head start or is it slow enough to not pose a significant risk to human lives?

If slow: then I just continue to circle, keeping my distance from both the goop and its fumes, and continue observing.

If fast: I'll land near the local leader and shift into my natural form for a moment
"That goo just started growing fast! I don't know what made it mad, but you and everyone you care about should start running right now!"
Unless he calls out something to me in response, I'll be shifting right back into raven form and taking flight again afterwards.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 12:52:05 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 27, 2016, 07:26:00 am »

Keep on trucking out of the goop. Grab hold of one of the alchemy vials I got and try to alchemy it up so the goop around me gets replaced by glass. Realize alchemy was a mistake for combat.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 27, 2016, 09:56:28 am »

Assuming Ebony is anywhere near that, she would run away from the goop. Unless it was going slow enough that walking would suffice.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 27, 2016, 11:55:55 am »

Examine my surroundings. Take particular note of any and all exits, lootables, and people.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 27, 2016, 12:04:40 pm »

"That's a chemical spill gaining sentience. Which is exactly the kind of thing that makes me not want to help you."

Get some distance away from the other human, and then counter his grip on my body by wrapping the rest of my body around him. His tactics seem woefully based around grappling beings that rely on legs, the silly human.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 27, 2016, 07:23:47 pm »

Is the goop expanding too fast for people to escape it without a head start or is it slow enough to not pose a significant risk to human lives?

If slow: then I just continue to circle, keeping my distance from both the goop and its fumes, and continue observing.

If fast: I'll land near the local leader and shift into my natural form for a moment
"That goo just started growing fast! I don't know what made it mad, but you and everyone you care about should start running right now!"
Unless he calls out something to me in response, I'll be shifting right back into raven form and taking flight again afterwards.
it is expanding fast enough to be problematic, so you land, change, startling the fuck out of him, enough so that he looks right in your eyes the whole time you speak, after having gotten a good full body eyeful. Your words are punctuated by a crash from gooward, so he seems to take you pretty seriously. You fly off again, and circle. You see the man move out, shouting for people.

the goop currently is not near your painting's hiding place, but by the look of things, that spot will be at risk before the day is done.

Keep on trucking out of the goop. Grab hold of one of the alchemy vials I got and try to alchemy it up so the goop around me gets replaced by glass. Realize alchemy was a mistake for combat.
you continue to make progress, though the goo that clings to you seems intent on getting inside your joints and tearing you apart from inside. It's rather uncomfortable. You fish around for a vial and concentrate on it's glassness. The vial explodes in your hand, sending a wave of alchemic magic along your arm and across your torso. the goop it comes into contact with hardens, and becomes course sand. this does wonders for your joints, gears, and general outlook on life. "Aggravated statement: Alchemic mixtures interfere with alchemic reactions attempted on their containers. Self-directed notation: containers shall be emptied before attempting alchemic transmutations henceforth. Unnecessary irritable proclamation: damn all mages and their oppresive ignorance!"

Assuming Ebony is anywhere near that, she would run away from the goop. Unless it was going slow enough that walking would suffice.
Ebony was with the mayor, so she was there when Aylia made her proclamation. Gonna rescue those scrolls and spellbook before you dash?

Examine my surroundings. Take particular note of any and all exits, lootables, and people.
the exit you entered through is now oozing goop onto the floor. The door is opposite. there are no people here. as for loot, there are several household goods around, but the place seems strangely empty for some reason.And from the sound of wood being splintered very near by, should be made even emptier very soon.

"That's a chemical spill gaining sentience. Which is exactly the kind of thing that makes me not want to help you."

Get some distance away from the other human, and then counter his grip on my body by wrapping the rest of my body around him. His tactics seem woefully based around grappling beings that rely on legs, the silly human.
Terror seems to give this guy superhuman strength. He clings to your upper torso as if you were the onlyh thing keeping him from plummeting a thousand feet into a nest of very pointy and very angry spiderleopards. You just can't seem to get a good grip on him. the other guy is calling out for his friend and chasing along behind you, waving his arms about like he was trying to distract a rodeo bull.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 27, 2016, 07:30:07 pm »

That depends, how much time does Ebony have? If she can reasonably reach it and get to safety before goo happens, yes. If not, life > magic scrolls.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion Team Two: Angry Globs.
« Reply #322 on: February 27, 2016, 09:09:19 pm »

Use the very end of my tail to get him in a choke hold. hopefully unconsciousness will loosen his grip.
Use SSSSSPOOKY MAGIC to make scales nearly frictionless. Molt human.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 03:11:38 pm by Egan_BW »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 27, 2016, 10:47:47 pm »

((Someone should grab reggies unconscious goopy body))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 28, 2016, 09:55:15 am »

Might as well be proactive. I go to my painting and carefully feel how heavy it is without ripping or tearing it.

If it is reasonable to carry it in raven form, then I fly towards the mine with it, still avoiding both goop and fumes, and see if I can find a reasonable hiding place somewhere near there, since it seems like a reasonable meeting point.

If it isn't feasible to carry it in raven form, either because I'll rip it or because it's too heavy to fly with, then I shift back to my natural form and take it out of town in whichever direction is away from the goop. If I happen to pass by some laundry I can borrow then I'll happily do so.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 28, 2016, 09:59:42 am »

Use my new found freedom of movement to gather some speed and get away from the goop. If I can make it out completely, get some distance bewteen myself and the goop.

If I cannot get completely, empty a vial and use the same trick again to render some more of the goop into sand. Then keep on trucking.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 28, 2016, 10:00:07 am »

((PTW.  This is far more entertaining than team 1's stuff.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 28, 2016, 12:59:36 pm »

Exit via the door, and run.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 28, 2016, 04:24:55 pm »

That depends, how much time does Ebony have? If she can reasonably reach it and get to safety before goo happens, yes. If not, life > magic scrolls.
You have enough. You scoop them up and run. Your options are north - toward unknown places, west, toward the woods, or south, into the lake.

Use the very end of my tail to get him in a choke hold. hopefully unconsciousness will loosen his grip.
Use SSSSSPOOKY MAGIC to make scales nearly frictionless. Molt human.
You slip right through the guy's fingers and slither on of into the grass with a self satisfied hiss. "I ain't never heard a snake laugh before" the one guy says, breathlessly, as he catches up to his friend.

((Someone should grab reggies unconscious goopy body))
((after this turn, you have three more turns beore the shrine is overrun and you make the aqcuaintance of the goop.))

Might as well be proactive. I go to my painting and carefully feel how heavy it is without ripping or tearing it.

If it is reasonable to carry it in raven form, then I fly towards the mine with it, still avoiding both goop and fumes, and see if I can find a reasonable hiding place somewhere near there, since it seems like a reasonable meeting point.

If it isn't feasible to carry it in raven form, either because I'll rip it or because it's too heavy to fly with, then I shift back to my natural form and take it out of town in whichever direction is away from the goop. If I happen to pass by some laundry I can borrow then I'll happily do so.

it's a struggle, but you are just able to carry it in raven form. You have to stop a few times on the way to rest and get a better grip on it. at the mine, you stash it in a slight crevasse under a rocky outcropping above the main entrance to the mineshafts. It should be fine there. On your way, you do spot a couple of dresses and a pair of men's breeches hanging behind a house some distance from the town, if you feel the need to become humanoid and clothed.

Use my new found freedom of movement to gather some speed and get away from the goop. If I can make it out completely, get some distance bewteen myself and the goop.

If I cannot get completely, empty a vial and use the same trick again to render some more of the goop into sand. Then keep on trucking.

this damned goop is not gonna sit by idly twiddling it's thumbtoes while you casually stroll out of grasp.A rather large wave of teh stuff rears up behind you and clomps down, washing over your gritty head and torso, sending you tumbling under.

Exit via the door, and run.
You cough up another puff of coal dust, get several of your limbs under yourself, and boogie woogie out the door, just in front of a small tide of goop that rushes into the room. You slam the door open on your way out, and it crashes closed just behind you, only to slam open again almost immediately.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 28, 2016, 04:32:32 pm »

Okay, yeah, so do my second action. Try to use another vial or a piece of charcoal to make the goop into something less threatening and keep running. If I have some downtime, do robutt computing to find a better way to battle the goop short term. 
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30