Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: Omega Legion Team One: Pictsie Down.  (Read 28767 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion Team One: Still havne't set the town on fire.
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2016, 05:11:39 pm »

"How is it that nobody has any bloody idea about we're supposed to do here? Didn't you contract the Legion in the first place, dumbass? Or is there another "innkeepers' guild" in town? None of this ring any bells? None at all? I'm genuinely confused here, Frank! I want to help you!"

He ponders how to explain everything more clearly to this guy. Fucking goblins, man.

"Okay, let's start over. My 'boss', as you call him, was some random filthy gobshite, a human no less, wearing a suit of bargain-quality half plate. Works with some other waste of air called Hendricks who looks like he was trying to shave and missed. They're apparently Omega Legion. And I'm apparently Omega Legion, too. And someone from the Innkeepers' Guild in Dobbiton apparently contacted the Legion to obtain security for something called the Festival of Alchaeus. That's apparently you, Frank, or somebody you know."

"So the question is, do you know what I'm talking about? Are you Frank? Is this the right place? Am I in some kind of waking nightmare? Can people really be this stupid? I'm so very full of questions, you see!"

Let's try this again.

If he still doesn't get it, leave him be and sit down somewhere until the rain starts to clear.

Frank lets out a little roar. it makes you jump just a little. "Omega Legion! They sent us Omega Legion for security!" He stomps off to the bar. "Sandra! Run and fetch the others. Gods damned it, woman, put down the glass and go. I don't care about your tip, this is important." he turns to you, seething. "No, we did NOT contact Omega legion. We contacted the Queen's Service. They were supposed to send us a real garrison squad, not a bunch of loonies likely to cause more trouble than the Festival itself! Why in the third Pandemonium Lord's right ass cheek would we send for Omega?!" And with that, Frank stomps off into another room, swearing and cursing. You learn something interesting about your mother. Couldn't be true, really.

"SHIT SHIT SHIT!" Beat out the flames the normal way rather than magically, and take this as a lesson Jack should not CWE(Cast While Exhausted) :P
Flames extinguished. Your sleeve has a hole in it now, but you are unharmed.

==Only team in this thread==
BBTBMSM Simmie

Crivens, I dinnae, tha' oth'r bottle was empty, some o' th' scunners got ta them afore me. See, lad, Imma sensible feegle I am, so we can com-pri-mizze, I gie ye ae bottle back, but this one 's arredy mine.
Return one bottle to the dwarf, but if he tries to take the other one, snarl in warning, "Wachit, I sed thi' one 's arredy mine. If ye try ta gettit, thar'be verra big trooble. Donnae push it, bigjob, this be ye las' warnin'!"
If he persists, bite his hand, run up his arm, headbutt him in the nose, and fight for the bottle until the dwarf gives up, collapses, or one of them is dead. If others come, break the dwarf's bottle and use it to slash and pierce at hands, wrists, throats, Achilles' tendons and eyes. This is a fight to the death, Simmie will only let his bottle be taken away over his literal dead body.

Okay. So you've declared an intention to fight to the death. You have, according to my spreadsheet and the OP, a will of -1. This means that even if you wish to back out, it's gonna be a hard roll to do so. Especially given the circumstances, being a fight over booze and all, and you being somewhat drunk as well. Anyway, the Dwarf does indeed push the issue, so combat time it is.
(2v 3) He gets the first swing it at you (1) which you take right in the chest,, being sent flying. You land rather hard, but get up a moment later, and charge. (1 v 6) Unfortunately, this charge ends with you leaping into the path of his fist as he brings it around. Yo lose possession of one of your bottles. You have one left. (6) The dwarf drops a bottle and picks up his club. It's an ugly, weathered club. it looks like it's been used like this before. As does the dwarf. The crowd is gathering again, making a ring and shouting about the fight, the fire apparently already forgotten. (2) You swing your empty at the ground, attempting to break it, but get a bad bounce in the dirt. You still have a blunt weapon at this point.

Cho-Ja

Attempt to remember why we were here in the first place.

Then go help myself to whatever food and drink is left behind the bar.

(5) you just get the best rolls on the oddest rolls. Anyway, you remember that you were supposed to help these people for some reason. the bar is unguarded, and there is a commotion brewing outside. You find some meat that humans would describe as "a bit off," but which to you is ripening just fine, and combine that with a quantity of beer.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion Team One: Bar fight!
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2016, 05:16:25 pm »

>Query:Simmie is in a fight.  Requesting orders.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2016, 06:29:33 pm »

Guess that's what happens when one makes demands of the Queen's Service.

At any rate, the situation is clear! Everybody involved is indeed an idiot! Himself especially, Fiddler notes, for daring to ever believe otherwise.

Wait a minute or two for Frank to emerge into the room again. If he fails to do so, follow in his tracks.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2016, 06:46:32 pm »

((ooc knowledge get! Only the innkeepers were really idiots in this case, like you said, for making this particular demand on the Queen's Service. Well, and everyone in town for celebrating this particular 'Saint.' I've been itching to share that since people first started questioning why the man in armor would send a bunch of untrained, violent criminals to act as security.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2016, 07:09:24 pm »

Cho-Ja

Take my meal outside and watch the fight, fidget hungrily whenever blood gets drawn.

Hiss at anyone who gets too close but dont attack unless provoked.

unless I spot one of the mooks who attacked me, then drop everything to chase them down murder them profusely.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2016, 07:48:32 pm »

With that over with, Jack decides to spectate the fight, only interfering if it looks like it'll spill over to more than just those two idiots. And By interfere, hit both of them with a Flashfire spell(causes anyone targeted to catch fire for precisely 65 seconds, after which the fire snuffs itself out. Great for distractions!)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2016, 03:09:05 pm »

Dar'yajira, magic cat

Go return to the room with the fire.  How big is it?  Regardless of the answer, sit on the windowsill leading into the room, and focus on snuffing the fire.

Afterwards, check how much magic mojo I have left.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2016, 04:18:30 pm »

>Query:Simmie is in a fight.  Requesting orders.
Observe combat effectiveness of the Nac Mac Feegle. Minimize collateral damage. Avoid damage to yourself

Guess that's what happens when one makes demands of the Queen's Service.

At any rate, the situation is clear! Everybody involved is indeed an idiot! Himself especially, Fiddler notes, for daring to ever believe otherwise.

Wait a minute or two for Frank to emerge into the room again. If he fails to do so, follow in his tracks.

You follow Frank into the other room. He sits at a desk littered with paper and food, and scatters some of both, reaching for a pen and a blank parchment. He begins writing, glancing up at you while still swearing more quietly. At one point he yells out the door or someone to run and fetch a farspeaker. He gets no reply, so he yells some more. Eventually, an indistinct voice responds, and he ignores it, going back to writing. A while later, two others enter the room, a rather wide dwarf, who squishes you against a wall as he makes his way around the room to a sturdy looking bench, and another human, tall and thin and angry looking. "What's all this, Frank?" The human says in a rather deep voice. Frank looks up "Just you two? Where's Darthone? No matter, he'll find out soon enough."

Frank points at you. "Omega, tell these two what you told me. Try to make some sense, boy." He goes back to writing as the tall one turns his head to you and the wide one just sits there. apparently turning would be too much effort.

Cho-Ja

Take my meal outside and watch the fight, fidget hungrily whenever blood gets drawn.

Hiss at anyone who gets too close but dont attack unless provoked.

unless I spot one of the mooks who attacked me, then drop everything to chase them down murder them profusely.

A wide empty spot quickly forms around you. No sign of your mook attackers. You have a good, ringside seat for the fight.

With that over with, Jack decides to spectate the fight, only interfering if it looks like it'll spill over to more than just those two idiots. And By interfere, hit both of them with a Flashfire spell(causes anyone targeted to catch fire for precisely 65 seconds, after which the fire snuffs itself out. Great for distractions!)
You shuffle out and take up a position near, but not very near, to Cho-Ja, attempting to recollect enough energy for an emergency fire spell. You feel energy trickle in, but it feels like you are fumbling with it a bit and losing tendrils of the energy here and there.

Dar'yajira, magic cat

Go return to the room with the fire.  How big is it?  Regardless of the answer, sit on the windowsill leading into the room, and focus on snuffing the fire.

Afterwards, check how much magic mojo I have left.

You snuff out the last of the fire. You feel pretty okay. still got most of your energy left.

I'm going to wait for Maegil before posting each round of the fight, unless he specifically says he wants it autopiloted until the conclusion.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2016, 04:20:12 pm »

>Query:Should extraction be attempted in case of mortal danger?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2016, 05:32:18 pm »

BBTBMSM Simmie

Attempt to smash the bottle again to use as a weapon against vital or crippling spots, if it doesn't work fight with the hands. That bottle is MINE!
((EDITED: noooooooooo! You guys are leading me off, I only meant to break and use the other bottle as a weapon if others interfered, booze is precious! The fight is still one-on-one. He's fighting to protect his booze, not to destroy it needlessly.))

Yell "GO FOR THE EYES, BOO!" Climb up the dwarf's back and kick him on the "brown eye". Punch him in the kidneys. Rabbit-punch him if it wasn't enough to bring him down. Kick him in the jaw for good measure.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 03:32:17 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2016, 11:58:51 pm »

Dar'yajira, magic cat

Try to catch one of those rodents I smelled earlier, and scarf it down.  No magic use for that.

Afterwards, go the room where everyone is gathered.  Magically clean myself of filth, preferably without being seen doing so, then find a vantage point and watch what's going on.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2016, 05:51:31 am »

"Queen's Service must have taken offense at your request of using troops that could be better used for generalized oppression for providing security for a festival of all things. So we of the Omega Legion will be taking up the job instead. We look forward to working with the illustrious Innkeepers' Guild of Dobbiton!" Fiddler says, offering a set of jazz hands to this pack of idiots.

Explain!

((I had a post written up, but I misplaced it. Wonder if I posted it in some other thread by accident.))
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 06:04:06 am by Harry Baldman »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2016, 09:09:15 am »

cho-ja

Continue watching the fight, see how many beers it takes for me to get drunk.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2016, 04:20:02 pm »

>Query:Should extraction be attempted in case of mortal danger?
Negative.

BBTBMSM Simmie

Attempt to smash the bottle again to use as a weapon against vital or crippling spots, if it doesn't work fight with the hands. That bottle is MINE!
((EDITED: noooooooooo! You guys are leading me off, I only meant to break and use the other bottle as a weapon if others interfered, booze is precious! The fight is still one-on-one. He's fighting to protect his booze, not to destroy it needlessly.))

Yell "GO FOR THE EYES, BOO!" Climb up the dwarf's back and kick him on the "brown eye". Punch him in the kidneys. Rabbit-punch him if it wasn't enough to bring him down. Kick him in the jaw for good measure.

[1 v 4] You head straight at the dwarf, who brings his club down squarely on your head. Con roll: [3] You slump to the ground, conscious, but not in control of your body. You taste dust and blood. The dwarf winds up for another swing.

Dar'yajira, magic cat

Try to catch one of those rodents I smelled earlier, and scarf it down.  No magic use for that.

Afterwards, go the room where everyone is gathered.  Magically clean myself of filth, preferably without being seen doing so, then find a vantage point and watch what's going on.

You catch a mouse or two, and shed all filth from your fur, leaving it glossy and fresh. It poofs straight out, all the hairs standing on end, for some reason. you look like a fuzzy black puff with a collar. Adorable, yet, wit hthat -2 charisma, oddly gross.
Like one of these

Sadly, no one cares. You hear a loud thwack, cheer and a disappointed groan from the crowd around the front of the building.

"Queen's Service must have taken offense at your request of using troops that could be better used for generalized oppression for providing security for a festival of all things. So we of the Omega Legion will be taking up the job instead. We look forward to working with the illustrious Innkeepers' Guild of Dobbiton!" Fiddler says, offering a set of jazz hands to this pack of idiots.

Explain!

((I had a post written up, but I misplaced it. Wonder if I posted it in some other thread by accident.))
The fat dwarf begins sputtering. The tall thin guy is oddly quiet. Frank let's the news sink in a moment before loudly declaring "I won't hear of this nonsense! Omega legion? Worse than no help at all. A farspeaker is coming. We'll get to the bottom of this right now. I won't stand for this insult."
The dwarf mutters and grumbles, and the other guy says "This could be trouble. I don't know if I can afford to close down for the week, but if things get out of hand, ... it might be best. Might be best."

After a few minutes of this, Frank raises his hand for quiet, then looks at you. "Omega, please describe the crew you were sent with. You mentioned some trouble from when you got here. Tell us about it.

cho-ja

Continue watching the fight, see how many beers it takes for me to get drunk.
You finish off the pitcher you brought out with you without more than a light buzz. There's a pile of alcohol in hte middle of the ring, where the two are fighting. There's more beer in the bar, too. The fight seems a little one sided, in spite of the Feegle's surprising durability and strength.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2016, 04:22:55 pm »

>Query:Where should this unit direct inquiries into damages incurred from this deployment?

Continue recording.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17