Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A Three-Man Mod?  (Read 2173 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: A Three-Man Mod?
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2015, 02:16:08 am »

And how did you make a tileset in Paint? Paint doesnt allow transparencies, Ironhand needs those to work.

Magenta may be used instead.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2015, 03:33:32 am »

You could also join Meph's mod, contributing your own races/creations :). It would be less work than for you, and provide more variety for players.

I gave up on Genesis after I realized that Masterwork is so modular, there is literally no reason NOT to play it unless you want some total conversion stuff, that's why I am working on Wasteland mod now.
There are good reason not to play it Deon. It is vastly outdated and I have not done any work in a year. ;)

OldGenesis (before Genesis 4 and 5) lives! ... because I'm so stuck in my ways :^)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2015, 10:24:01 am »

You should definitely reupload it under your name. The only original stuff there is a big part of the main content. You have added/updated way too much to host it in my thread :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2015, 09:28:25 pm »

what entailed the destruction of your computer? how was it so bad that even the harddrive couldnt be saved?

One of my friends threw a tantrum and hit it with a hammer when I was at his house.
Sounds like someone didn't build a mandated floodgate door.

If the drive was "merely" hammered, a data recovery firm should be able to get the files back for a few hundred dollars.  Make your hammer-happy friend pay for it.
If the platter is not damaged, buy a hard disk(preferably without a platter inside) and then insert the platter into the undamaged hard drive.

And that's why, folks, you should back up your data(if not your whole computer). Bad things happen sometimes.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2015, 11:20:43 pm »

what entailed the destruction of your computer? how was it so bad that even the harddrive couldnt be saved?

One of my friends threw a tantrum and hit it with a hammer when I was at his house.
Sounds like someone didn't build a mandated floodgate door.

If the drive was "merely" hammered, a data recovery firm should be able to get the files back for a few hundred dollars.  Make your hammer-happy friend pay for it.
If the platter is not damaged, buy a hard disk(preferably without a platter inside) and then insert the platter into the undamaged hard drive.

And that's why, folks, you should back up your data(if not your whole computer). Bad things happen sometimes.

I'll check these things out after christmas, I'd love to get my stuff back. Dwarf Fortress is a back burner project at the moment, until the starter pack is updated to the new version.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2015, 11:45:12 pm »

I have a multiple-tier metal system in my old Draconic Civilization mod if you wish to use it.  May want to mess with the ratios of progressing up each tier, as you may not like how its current progression requires roughly 16 bars of impure iron (tier 1) to get 1 bar of steel (tier 5), with adamantine requiring one bar to be produced.  I believe that values are adjusted accordingly, so keep that in mind if you decide to use it and change the current values to go up a stage.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2015, 12:36:27 am »

I have a multiple-tier metal system in my old Draconic Civilization mod if you wish to use it.  May want to mess with the ratios of progressing up each tier, as you may not like how its current progression requires roughly 16 bars of impure iron (tier 1) to get 1 bar of steel (tier 5), with adamantine requiring one bar to be produced.  I believe that values are adjusted accordingly, so keep that in mind if you decide to use it and change the current values to go up a stage.

I'll check it out, thanks. I'm pretty sure I got the idea for my Draconic Soul from your one.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.
Pages: 1 [2]