Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 284600 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Omega Base
« Reply #2610 on: November 14, 2017, 11:24:42 am »

Well now. I put on my wizard robe and hat, but which I mean I'll close up my anti-magic cloak in an attempt to make it look a little regal. Then go and speak to one of those initiates, but move and speak a little more robotic than usual, so that they might think I'm more of a sophisticated mindless automaton.

"Polite greeting: Hello good sir and/or madam, this unit is having trouble with its geolocation parameters.
Query: Could you be so kind as to point this unit in the direction of the [university] and/or the person of [Mister Dask]."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: November 15, 2017, 08:25:45 am »

"Well thank you."
Search for a captain, how is my hunger by the way?
On base your hunger is restrained. So you don't feel it except as a mild ache and a small buzzing in your head - a reminder of things forgotten.
(1) You go to the officers' area and ask to be sent ot a cpatain. You are given a dozen forms to fill out for an appointment.

Commune with the gators. Offer them freedom and food if they become allies in my fight against the troll!. If the gators agree to at least not eat me, hide in the water and use my natural camo to prepare a sneak attack on the troll with the gators.
(1) and now we get to see why -2 in charisma is a Bad IdeaTM. You somehow manage to piss off every living thing in the flooded arena. They are coming at you with a vengeance! No hiding for you, even though octopuses are good at that. Alright, gonna be three gators and then the troll attacking. (4)(2)(1)(3) The first gator latches firmly onto one of your limbs and bites hard! Con roll: (2) oooh, too bad. You lose about half that limb. You manage to evade the other two gators for the moment, but the Troll gets a glancing blow in on you as well. (4) but you shrug that off with relative ease. Ther's a lot of cheering happening when you get bitten, by the way.

Did you ever get an axe, even?
This is exactly what the character sheet thread is for, emm-eighty.
Look upon my axe, ye mighty, and despair!

Quickly chop through where the zombros are thinnest, so I can approach the problem from one direction. Once no longer surrounded, make sure there are none laying in wait beneath the water, and start chopping down zombines one at a time as they approach. If some of them hang back or attack from range, shoot them with the arbalest.

Don't rush things if the zombies aren't moving too fast. Be deliberate with my axe strikes, aiming to destroy one zombie with each strike. Use both hands, planting the axe when I switch to arbalest so I don't have to aim one-handed. Reload the arbalest whenever I get some breathing room. Fall back if necessary, but do not advance, and make sure to check for submerged zombies whenever I move. If a much stronger opponent appears, position to separate it from the lesser zombies before engaging.

a speed roll to determine number of attacks you can make this round: (6) okay, you go into a sort of berserk trance. Not a rage, necessarily, but you've definitely gone into overdrive, as it were. You manage, in half a dozen strokes, to put down as many zombies, clearing the area within arms reach with ease. Intelligence roll: (1) You then plant your axe and pull your arbalest. Your axe immediately falls over and sinks into the murk. I'll stop there, because that's a decision point and i don't want to have you do one thing when you would have wanted to do another here. But you still have movement available before the next wave of zombies is upon you. Bear in mind, bersert states end.

Fold my wings and ride out the tempest.
(2) you fold your wings, but they seem to fold right around you, round and round, binding you up like a cocoon. Now you are falling like an arrow through the storm.

Thrips lingered there - just inside the doorway to the office - for some time, like a bad smell.
When this strategy proved ineffective as a means of getting anyone's attention, he hesitantly raises a fist to his mouth and coughs.

Wait around some more, try and work up the courage to gain the receptionist's attention with a theatrical cough/throat-clear. If successful, shuffle over nearer to their desk and say the following:
"Erm, excuse me [SIR/MADAM]? Ah was wonderin' if, me bein' fresh back from a mission an' all, if I could maybe do s-some sort'f training course, likes? 'Fore I go off on another job, seein' as I don't know much 'bout... swords an' fightin' an' dragons and, well, most anythin' what would come in handy out there."

He takes a deep breath after stammering out this long-winded query, then quickly adds, "Is there someone 'round here what teaches new folks that sorta thing?"   

Enquire about the possibility of receiving some actual formal training in the arts of warfare, combat and general not-dying, as opposed to just continuing on scraping by out of sheer luck, my wits and whatever survivor's instinct I can scrape together.
"There are those in the Legion who can and do take others under their wings, and yes, we have a bit of a training regimen open to all. We can take you out to the training grounds and give you a variety of tests to determine what role best suits you, if you like. But .. as for training in 'not dying,' well, there are so may ways to die. It would take forever to train you against all that."

Anyway, you'll get training. If you have something in mind, speak it. Otherwise I can use a) your character's known talents, b) my own terrible sense of humor, and c) the dice to determine what training you receive.

ask the...person...if she could brew the plants into useful medicines for later use.
"Sure can, sure can. But sometimes it's better to have ingredients than potions, you know? never know just what you'll need to fix, and one medicine might be good for cuts, while another is good for bruises, and a half dozen others might suit for the various poisons, hangovers, curses, and so forth that you might encounter.

Hmm. I hear there's a mission coming up back to a rusty hunk of junk in the sky. Don't know why. I bet I could brew up a few things that might be useful in that kind of environment. Something to counter the Grip of Rust, something to counter Metal Fatigue, maybe something to expunge metallic toxins from the body. Sound good?"

((Green is quite readable in both darkling and default, Oz.))

"Release this one!  Druid that helps twoleg is traitor to nature, no better than poacher!"

Dar will (magically) command the plants to let him go, thinking that they're summoned by another druid.  Then he'll stand away from Grey and the newcomer, assessing the situation.  If immedistely engaged in conversation, he'll probably continue talking, but otherwise he's going to rush back to the dragon.

Dar's attempt to command the plants comes up against an iron willed wall of resistance. He is rotated in the air to face his current captor, and for the first time one of you gets to see one of the Guardians of Omega Base: a Rocktree Treant. Dar is at least twenty feet in the air at this point, and the Treant towers much higher. Dar is lifted high, higher, until he comes eye level with the Treant.
"Hrm. A poacher? A hunter who hunts with disregard to human laws? You have a funny sense of right and wrong. I suppose that's hrm hrm hrm natural hrm hrm for one in your position. But you can do better."

That's quite alright, using my hands is still entertaining!

Quickly close into the pike guy while the other two are still off balance and he still has to turn around to face me. Get inside the reach of his weapon and hit him in soft spots - throat, groin, eyes, etc, until he falls down. Then stomp on the backs of his heels to make sure he won't get back up.

If the other two manage to charge at me while I'm doing this, shove pike guy at them and continue maneuvering around to their sides or rear.

Speed roll(6) You dive inside the guy's reach as if he were standing still. attack: (2) somehow you miss his groin as you somersault into the attack, (4) but as you come to your fet, you leap back and slam your head into a very sensitive spot, dropping that goblin like a rock. A very high pitched and squirmy rock.

Well now. I put on my wizard robe and hat, but which I mean I'll close up my anti-magic cloak in an attempt to make it look a little regal. Then go and speak to one of those initiates, but move and speak a little more robotic than usual, so that they might think I'm more of a sophisticated mindless automaton.

"Polite greeting: Hello good sir and/or madam, this unit is having trouble with its geolocation parameters.
Query: Could you be so kind as to point this unit in the direction of the [university] and/or the person of [Mister Dask]."

"Sure, sure. This is the University" The fella waves around at he buildings on the edge of the park, "and Professor Dask's office is on the third floor of Faltermeter Hall - that building to the left of the green there. Saaaay, wouldn't you be more interested in Professor Feldebetten's office? He's the clockworks guy on campus, after all."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: November 15, 2017, 08:50:01 am »

It's all comfy being folded up like this.  Like when I was in that egg.

Try to use my tail to start myself spinning around the roll axis.  Whee!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 01:18:21 am by Devastator »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: November 15, 2017, 09:36:18 am »

(Wait, my specialization let's me control underwater animals. I thought that roll would be will, not charisma. )
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: November 15, 2017, 10:53:27 am »

Start filling out the forms, curse bureaucracy
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: November 15, 2017, 02:32:08 pm »

"Woo! Suffer, bitch!"

Punctuate my statement with a groin stomp to make sure he won't get back up. Then keep moving, keep both other goblins in my sight. Try to maneuver them so I can attack one at a time.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: November 15, 2017, 02:39:56 pm »

Stow the Arbalist so the strings don't get wet, and pick my axe back up.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: November 15, 2017, 05:57:09 pm »

(Wait, my specialization let's me control underwater animals. I thought that roll would be will, not charisma. )
(you were offering perks for in exchange for alliance. That's charisma. I didn't even look at your specializations to see if you could control them, since your action was persuasive rather than dominance.)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: November 15, 2017, 06:15:53 pm »

(Well, I meant to put that as trying to gain leadership over the crocs and ordering them to attack the troll and getting food as a reward for their work. But I guess I screwed up with the wording. I should have added that I was shouting at them or that I was using my specialization. Can I attemp to use my ability again or I permanently screwed up? I don't want this guy to die so soon just like the other one and I think I will quit since I can't win against 3 crocs and a troll with a missing arm, even with 2 in constitution and strenght.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: November 15, 2017, 07:01:57 pm »

it would be pretty risky to attempt to use your ability on such aggressively hostile creatures. you could succeed, but running away is an option. bear in mind, the audience is hostile to yu anyway. Also bear in mind: running away with a speed -2 is ... hard.

-2 in a stat indicates that one is extremely bad with that skill, as if they are cursed. Typically, rolling a 1 while using a skill or attribute with a -2 is instant death. This is a carry over from Einsteinian Roullette. hmm, my link to the ER character calculator page is not working. I wonder if that page has been discontinued. If so, I may need ot clarify in the OP a bit.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: November 15, 2017, 07:12:29 pm »

Hmm. I'm looking at your Octopus King specialization as well. It's a passive ability, and is a direct negator of the charisma score. That's okay since it is limited in scope.

Hmm. here's what I am going to do.
I'm retconning your action a bit: the crocodiles recognize you as royalty, but that -2 charisma roll means they completely don't give a shit. On the other hand, they don't attack you (so you can keep your tentacle).
On the other other hand, what you offered is treason: Freedom that you have no ability or right to offer. This triggers your Omega Brand and leaves you convulsing in the water. You are rendered unconscious, and automatically lose the fight. You have also gained the counter-spec: enmity of lizardfolk. This wouldn't have triggered, except that you use a speciality that makes creatures obedient to you, which gives your offer real power. If you were some schmuck in OL who offered that, it might slide, since people say bullshit all the time.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: November 15, 2017, 07:56:15 pm »

Spoiler: pointless stuff (click to show/hide)
Can I ask for a rematch with the troll again? Also request someone to explain to me what just happened (since I don't know IC about brands and the omega legion at all).

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: November 15, 2017, 09:08:55 pm »

Hmmm...I'm not sure if I'm to go on that kind of a mission...but since you brought it up I might like to try it out, so I'll be asking around about how to get there and (maybe) who can go with. That being said, I accept your offer with thanks and a promise to repay you upon my return...if any and if I manage to find something to repay you with...depending on what you prefer.

Say it and...well I guess wait for a reply...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: November 15, 2017, 10:15:29 pm »

"... as for training in 'not dying,' well, there are so may ways to die. It would take forever to train you against all that."
"Well... I been doin' a fair-good job'f it so far, by my reckonings."
Thrips attempted a wry, dashing grin as he spoke, the kind of expression he imagined a seasoned adventurer would wear, but the effect was no doubt mostly ruined by his lacklustre enunciation and wildly careening lazy eye.

Thrips attempts to crack a joke, before embarking on a training course consisting of a mixture of options B and C.
Pure "B" is tempting, but it would be nice if he could gain some useful skills as opposed/in addition to advanced basket-weaving or trigonometry or whatever gag skills the GM's twisted mind is likely to come up with.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: November 16, 2017, 04:39:47 pm »

"Hrm. A poacher? A hunter who hunts with disregard to human laws? You have a funny sense of right and wrong."

((This is my bad, Druidic is hard to actually translate, though Dar would have used it to express that term, since it doesn't really exist in English.  Fix'd, in this post.))

As he always does when he meets a new being, Dar will examine its nature and try to determine what it is, and where its origins lie.  While doing so...

Dar stops struggling, but bristles at the insult, his eyes narrowing dangerously.  After carefully considering his words for several seconds, he replies sarcastically in druidic.  "Jat, Quara popurka Qothasa hazura.  Bo Rhogurirenrij va kor jajo, dov?"

He continues to glare for several seconds after that question, but eventually gives a defeated sigh--which comes out as a hiss.  "What does it demand of this one?  Cat is defeated, it is aware."
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 194