Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 284602 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Omega Base
« Reply #2595 on: November 09, 2017, 10:02:08 am »

..yeah, I didn't get to eat them!  But I might be able to get them back, if this dust cloud leads somewhere!

Spring ahead through the dustcloud to somewhere else.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: November 09, 2017, 11:07:27 am »

More talking and possibly walking
"Well, who runs Omega Legion, or rather who over sees the magic behind our brands. That may have to do with what happened."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: November 09, 2017, 06:06:29 pm »

Go chop some zombies. This should be pretty trivial.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: November 11, 2017, 05:47:45 am »

Assuming I have me knives still (well, at least two, I don't think I lost that many during my various shenanigans), take out the fucker with the pike first if I can. Constantly keep moving, circling around them and not letting them back me into a corner or any such thing. Hit their legs, arms, etc when they overextend to attack me - if I can hit their weapon hands, all the better.

Also, like, throw sand in their eyes and stuff too. Taunt their mothers.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: November 11, 2017, 11:38:38 am »

Yay no one stole them.

Find an apocathery

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: November 12, 2017, 01:07:02 pm »

Look at the area surrounding the park, any structure or something I can see? Also, look over the people in the park, is my target among them?

If yes, approach. If not, try to use Robot COmputing to figure out where to look for my target and follow the directions it gives me.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: November 12, 2017, 03:56:23 pm »

Go against the troll. It probably is big, strong and slow, just like me. Also use my general knowledge to see if I know or remember anything about trolls that could be useful in the fight.
Hmm. General knowledge usually pertains to your own possible experience, so for you it's mostly underwater stuff, and your back story has you completely ignorant of demihuman attachment to their children, so learning anything of use about the troll is going to be an interesting roll. (4) You remember that trolls are a thing, and like you said, they are big and strong.

So, when they dump you into the (6) flooded and gator infested arena (wow, that's a lot of water for Omega), you are able to identify your opponent with ease.

Now, the flooding is a mere two feet, so don't get all excited. It's enough to hide gators, but not enough to truly hinder a troll. and there are hillocks and one open flat area that are on land as well. (2) which is where the troll is.

..yeah, I didn't get to eat them!  But I might be able to get them back, if this dust cloud leads somewhere!

Spring ahead through the dustcloud to somewhere else.
(1) you spring into a maelstrom of dust. it tosses you about like a bug.

More talking and possibly walking
"Well, who runs Omega Legion, or rather who over sees the magic behind our brands. That may have to do with what happened."
"Well, the Captains are the highest authority I know of, inside of Omega. Might be a Colonel or something above them. I don't rightly know. AS for who runs the magic ...i'm just a doctor, lad, not a library. I don't rightly know."

Go chop some zombies. This should be pretty trivial.
You are dumped into a swamp. Pretty much immediately, several dozen zombies rise up out of the swamp and surround you. Did you ever get an axe, even?

Assuming I have me knives still (well, at least two, I don't think I lost that many during my various shenanigans), take out the fucker with the pike first if I can. Constantly keep moving, circling around them and not letting them back me into a corner or any such thing. Hit their legs, arms, etc when they overextend to attack me - if I can hit their weapon hands, all the better.

Also, like, throw sand in their eyes and stuff too. Taunt their mothers.

If i recall, you lost all your knives when you were arrested, bound, and stripped of items. Well, you get to experience combat unarmed. at least you have a +1 in that. (5) v (2)(1)(1) You chuck some sand in their faces and thoroughly disorient them. The pike guy misses you, while the other two collide and are off balance. All three weapons seem a little large for you to wield properly, by the way.

Yay no one stole them.

Find an apocathery
You find a room filled with various herbs, potions, tinctures, and equipment. something boils in a cauldron on a bed of coals to one side. It's pungent. The apothecarist herself is larger than you, severely scarred, and wearing a mishmash of bits of armor over her oddly shaped body. "Mind the wares. Try not to break or spill anything. Careful of the pot. It's hot." She says in a mild, smooth voice.

Look at the area surrounding the park, any structure or something I can see? Also, look over the people in the park, is my target among them?

If yes, approach. If not, try to use Robot COmputing to figure out where to look for my target and follow the directions it gives me.

(5) you see a bell tower, a line of shops, and a couple paths through the rather large park. Some beings with scrolls, codexes, and initiate robes are moving about on the bell tower side of the park. You do not know what your target looks like, just the name you were given. I don't recall giving you a description of the being.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: November 12, 2017, 04:02:03 pm »

"Well thank you."
Search for a captain, how is my hunger by the way?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: November 12, 2017, 05:10:52 pm »

Commune with the gators. Offer them freedom and food if they become allies in my fight against the troll!. If the gators agree to at least not eat me, hide in the water and use my natural camo to prepare a sneak attack on the troll with the gators.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 07:30:22 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: November 12, 2017, 07:02:03 pm »

Did you ever get an axe, even?
This is exactly what the character sheet thread is for, emm-eighty.
Look upon my axe, ye mighty, and despair!

Quickly chop through where the zombros are thinnest, so I can approach the problem from one direction. Once no longer surrounded, make sure there are none laying in wait beneath the water, and start chopping down zombines one at a time as they approach. If some of them hang back or attack from range, shoot them with the arbalest.

Don't rush things if the zombies aren't moving too fast. Be deliberate with my axe strikes, aiming to destroy one zombie with each strike. Use both hands, planting the axe when I switch to arbalest so I don't have to aim one-handed. Reload the arbalest whenever I get some breathing room. Fall back if necessary, but do not advance, and make sure to check for submerged zombies whenever I move. If a much stronger opponent appears, position to separate it from the lesser zombies before engaging.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 07:09:00 pm by Egan_BW »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: November 12, 2017, 08:28:02 pm »

Fold my wings and ride out the tempest.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: November 12, 2017, 09:42:56 pm »

Thrips lingered there - just inside the doorway to the office - for some time, like a bad smell.
When this strategy proved ineffective as a means of getting anyone's attention, he hesitantly raises a fist to his mouth and coughs.

Wait around some more, try and work up the courage to gain the receptionist's attention with a theatrical cough/throat-clear. If successful, shuffle over nearer to their desk and say the following:
"Erm, excuse me [SIR/MADAM]? Ah was wonderin' if, me bein' fresh back from a mission an' all, if I could maybe do s-some sort'f training course, likes? 'Fore I go off on another job, seein' as I don't know much 'bout... swords an' fightin' an' dragons and, well, most anythin' what would come in handy out there."

He takes a deep breath after stammering out this long-winded query, then quickly adds, "Is there someone 'round here what teaches new folks that sorta thing?"   

Enquire about the possibility of receiving some actual formal training in the arts of warfare, combat and general not-dying, as opposed to just continuing on scraping by out of sheer luck, my wits and whatever survivor's instinct I can scrape together.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: November 13, 2017, 09:34:56 am »

ask the...person...if she could brew the plants into useful medicines for later use.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: November 13, 2017, 03:57:37 pm »

((Green is quite readable in both darkling and default, Oz.))

"Release this one!  Druid that helps twoleg is traitor to nature, no better than poacher!"

Dar will (magically) command the plants to let him go, thinking that they're summoned by another druid.  Then he'll stand away from Grey and the newcomer, assessing the situation.  If immedistely engaged in conversation, he'll probably continue talking, but otherwise he's going to rush back to the dragon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: November 13, 2017, 06:46:40 pm »

That's quite alright, using my hands is still entertaining!

Quickly close into the pike guy while the other two are still off balance and he still has to turn around to face me. Get inside the reach of his weapon and hit him in soft spots - throat, groin, eyes, etc, until he falls down. Then stomp on the backs of his heels to make sure he won't get back up.

If the other two manage to charge at me while I'm doing this, shove pike guy at them and continue maneuvering around to their sides or rear.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 194