Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 285529 times)

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1605 on: November 19, 2016, 05:37:49 pm »

Wasn't I on medium risk, which had 100% payout?
Get rope and grapple hooks, a backpack, and a sack.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: November 19, 2016, 10:11:39 pm »

Requisition a strong magnet and some glass bottles.

Fill them with the same spittle I gave fiddler and coat the stopper and neck of each bottle in tree sap then crystallize it to ensure they are hermetically sealed.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: November 20, 2016, 01:39:22 am »

A'ight folks, Listen up.

1) I will respond to your actions tomorrow before I post the new thread.

2) PM me a list of people you want on your squad. I don't care how long your list is. If there is no one on it, pm me "no preference."

3) I had exactly 2 1/2 players interested in leading, and 2 of them want the second mission over the first, so I'm gonna let your squads self organize

4) depending on how many players are going, there will be either 3 or 4 squads - 1 for the second mission, and 2 or 3 for the main mission.

Make no posts here until I post again, if you please.
If you feel a pressing need to make an action, PM me. You can edit your actions above, if that helps, as i haven't started that round yet.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: November 20, 2016, 08:12:09 pm »

Alright, here's my provisional list of who is going where:
Undercaves
Clunkers,
Fiddler,
Thrips
Altair

Squad One
Aylia
Cho Ja
Solam
Dar
Noir Asiin
Trier

Squad Two
Varrick
Samuel [provisional]
Jack
Asiin Noir
Terrance
Cho Ja
Edit: -cough cough- Ahem. I made a provisional swap there, because i overlooked something I had intended to take into account, and names got shuffled. Oh, and I forgot about trier, because I hadn't put him into my spreadsheet.

I currently have these fourteen players apparently active. If your character is not on the list, speak up. If you are on the list and wish to reorganize, make the trades via pm. Both players must PM me for the trade to go through. In the end, however, if the teams are unbalanced, that's not really a problem.

Oh, you will be given one cart for supplies per squad. this will be an important piece of mission equipment as will that which is on the cart. it will be tracked. lose it, lose the items on it, and suffer the consequences. And for those with personal cargo - you'll have to find a way to carry or stash it.

I'd like a nice, heavy murderclub walking stick. Kung-fu turtle time.

Also some kind of bag that I could carry despite the shell would be good. I already have some medical supplies, so no need to requisition those, but assume that I'm taking them along.

approved.

Dar'yajira immediately stops his druidic sense upon perceiving that deepness, then gets up and thanks the mage profusely.  After that's done, he leaves, and tries to find Noir--perhaps with the help of his new gem, if it can do such a thing.

Oh, and since I keep forgetting, Dar would slightly prefer the cave mission, but will probably choose which mission to go with based upon which mission Noir or Aylia goes on.

You find her. You didn't use the gem because you haven't yet attuned your senses to those you consider yourself close to. You can do that when you are in their presence and keep track of who you are attuned to.

I take a brief break to check on my portrait, and to try out mixing Frost Giant and my flying forms, seeing if any of them might be able to carry cargo or passengers... or even fly after being giant-sized.
Mixing forms is very challenging. at best, you are able to make some cosmetic changes at this time. What was the size of the flying lizard? rather small, was it not?

"statement: If time permits this one before this one is hauled off on another mission, this one will take your request. However, this one has a few questions still.

Query: What is she? What kind of organic or otherwise is she and what makes her tick? Human, elf?
Additional query: If she manipulates the omega marks, would it not be more effective to gather individuals with no mark for this mission, or even temporarely disable or remove the mark from individuals you trust?"

questions.
She is in a cell deep under Omega. Or within, if you prefer. You'll actually need several 'gates' unlocked to get to her. She is human. I believe she is still human.
"She manipulates the structure of Omega Base itself, as well as certain Omega constructs, but she cannot manipulate Omega personnel through the Mark. What happened to her gave her the one power, while removing the other. Those with the Mark are as safe to handle her as those without. And the Mark provides us with certain advantages that will make this move possible. I can't talk about those though."

Hearing about the new mission gather some a bag filled with medical supplys and some climbing gear
Do you have skill in climbing? you can have a rope and grapple. as for the medical supplies, you get some basic bandages, splint making supplies, and a couple small knives and herbs. a basic medkit, if you will. there are a few additional odds and ends in there, existing in that quantuum magical state of uncertainty, from which they can be called at need.

Requisition a glowy thing of some kind to help light my way in case I ever wind up in a dark place. Preferably one that doesn't get extinguished by water! And rope, of course.
Would you like a Sprite? We can bond a Sprite with you. hmm, but that might have side effects with your potion. How about an imp flamologer. He comes in a small, lighter sized box. in one compartment is food pellets for him, and in the other is his housing. each is opened seperately. he has 20 food pellets, and must be fed one per use. There are also standard torches, but they will be more easily extinguished. Oh, and a glowshroom bracelet, but it also needs fed, and as it is a living thing, is subject to damage. Rope is fine though

Rec a short sword, a bow, and some armor that would work best with sneaking (totaly a cloak of shadows that helps with hiding in shadows.)
For climbing, a grapeling hook and rope would work.
And make sure to end up in same squad or place as noir.

rope and grapple. haven't you already a sword and leather armor? if not those are fine. you get a short bow as well. not god for long distances maybe, but fine for most uses. 20 arrows. keep track of them. if htere is a question as to whether you have them or not, I will assume you don't.

try some magic on one of my finger like crystals and try to make it glowy.
you get a steady blue green glow, as long as your magic can sustain it.

Terrance requisitions some empty darts. It then heads to the alchemist, and asks if they can make some potions from the ingredients in its hardcase.
they can. you get your darts. what potions would you like?

Huh? Wha? Wuzzat? Where am I? What's going on?

Attempt to seek an answer to the above questions. If I get a chance, go cautiously peek into the kitchen.

itchen is recovering nicely from the flood. Your previous purchases are stored appropriately now, at last. As for where you are going, currently Omega has you listed as heading to the UnderCaves to find some lost UnderDwarves. You'll be accompanied by that big bronze mechanical thing, the little guy with a fiddle and shifty eyes, and that guy with the giant cockroach.

Wasn't I on medium risk, which had 100% payout?
Get rope and grapple hooks, a backpack, and a sack.

okay. so you won back what you lost. all those items are granted.

Requisition a strong magnet and some glass bottles.

Fill them with the same spittle I gave fiddler and coat the stopper and neck of each bottle in tree sap then crystallize it to ensure they are hermetically sealed.

glass bottles tend to be rather restricted in Omega, for whatever reason. Can you earn one or two? You can have a pair of iron objects, which, when arranged appropriately, create a magnetic force. It is temporary and requires time to recharge - or the act of spinning it manually for less time.

Everyone is going to need to track their items. I will assume you don't have it if I don't know where it is, how you got it from point a to point b, or for other reasons.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 08:53:32 pm by Ozarck »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: November 20, 2016, 08:57:02 pm »

Ozarck is the best and he cares about my silly whims! Very thank you!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: November 20, 2016, 08:59:38 pm »

Am I not part of this mission? Because I would like to be part of this mission.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: November 20, 2016, 09:04:47 pm »

Ozarck is the best and he cares about my silly whims! Very thank you!
Same!
Thanks for moving my characters romantic (or would it be lustfull) interest.
And also healing and holy magics will be beneficial to the group I am in.

I have plans on general combat stratedgy for us.
Namely noir in center, me on a flank where I can move to take up melee or range as needed, varrick on the oposite flank,  samuel up front as a support fighter for cho, and terrance in the back playing the control wizard
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 09:33:58 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: November 20, 2016, 09:17:24 pm »

Am I not part of this mission? Because I would like to be part of this mission.
I edited you in when I swapped the other two around. there are a couple of other players that might want to join a mission as well, but I haven't heard from for a while, since we've been on Base duty for a while now.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: November 20, 2016, 09:25:11 pm »

((Hmm.  Didn't get assigned quite as I'd requested, but I imagine it wasn't trivial to conform go everyone's requests.  Ah well.))

Just to make sure, the map gem that shows the Durnvales was what the mage enchanted, yes?  It isn't quite what I had thought would be enchanted, but that's what your descriptions imply.

Secondly, what's this "attunement" you speak of?  Dar can attune himself to people?  Or just the gem?  What's attunment do?

Dar'yajira walks up to Noir, peering somewhat suspiciously at Jack.  "Halfdragon, this one wishes to speak with it.  Cat is not interrupting, yes?"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: November 20, 2016, 09:28:55 pm »

Jack holds his hands up slightly with a confused look on his face
"Did I do something? Well I mean I did something...but that's...never mind Did I do anything wrong?"
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 09:33:04 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: November 20, 2016, 09:49:19 pm »

What do you feed a glowshroom bracelet, and can I have a decent amount?

In either case, glowshrooms sound good. A flameless light source can be really useful in tunnels prone to flooding with flammable gases.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 09:57:31 pm by Harry Baldman »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: November 20, 2016, 09:53:11 pm »

((Lots of meatshields on my team. I like it.))

I figure the darts I have are lethal enough as it is, so how about some non-lethal poisons? Sleep serum, polymorph potion, something along those lines. Whatever it is, I'd like it diluted and made into as many darts as possible, with clear markings so I don't get them confused with the others.

Ask the alchemist if they could use a syringe of Terrapodan blood in anything.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: November 20, 2016, 10:12:44 pm »

The feline blinks a few times, staring at Jack.  "This one does not know what Twoleg has done.  Only Twoleg knows if what Twoleg has done is wrong." he pauses, raising his nose to sniff the air a couple of times.  He folds a single ear back.  "Cat does doubt it should guess at what Twoleg has done.  It has learned such things are rarely natural."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: November 20, 2016, 10:23:36 pm »

((Hmm.  Didn't get assigned quite as I'd requested, but I imagine it wasn't trivial to conform go everyone's requests.  Ah well.))

Just to make sure, the map gem that shows the Durnvales was what the mage enchanted, yes?  It isn't quite what I had thought would be enchanted, but that's what your descriptions imply.

Secondly, what's this "attunement" you speak of?  Dar can attune himself to people?  Or just the gem?  What's attunment do?

Dar'yajira walks up to Noir, peering somewhat suspiciously at Jack.  "Halfdragon, this one wishes to speak with it.  Cat is not interrupting, yes?"
I did try. you were a particularly challenging case. of course, if you wish to, you can slide over to the other mission or the other team.

The map gem and your Omega Brand are what he enchanted, as well as the collar. They operate together. Each has significance for Dar and for what Dar requested. The mage could tell that the gem had been altered from his original enchantment, and learned how. It was a necessary part of the enchantment. I did struggle with having him use it as you had said you would separate it from the collar, which was unexpected, but in the end, that is what the mage did. You should note that the map is much more versatile now that it has been touched by a god.

Attunement is you, sitting down and concentrating your senses on a person, place, or item of significance to you, to the point that you are well familiar wit hit. it's like a person listening to a particular bird call until he can point it out amidst a cacophony, or that whole "the sheep know my voice" thing.

What do you feed a glowshroom bracelet, and can I have a decent amount?

In either case, glowshrooms sound good. A flameless light source can be really useful in tunnels prone to flooding with flammable gases.

dead things, fireflies, sulfur, dirt. you know, the usual. You get a small wrap of sulfur (very little at a time is needed), and a little packet of dead fireflies. you can find hte rest on your own.

((Lots of meatshields on my team. I like it.))

I figure the darts I have are lethal enough as it is, so how about some non-lethal poisons? Sleep serum, polymorph potion, something along those lines. Whatever it is, I'd like it diluted and made into as many darts as possible, with clear markings so I don't get them confused with the others.

Ask the alchemist if they could use a syringe of Terrapodan blood in anything.

paralysis, sleep, tracer, mind numbers, you can have a suitable quantity of each. you'll likely not run out.
Alchemists: "We probably could, but it is best used fresh, and we haven't any projects going at the moment that would benefit. Why do you ask?"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: November 20, 2016, 10:27:03 pm »

Jack chuckles
"Believe what you will, I may think what I've done is quite natural. As it stands I only ask you trust me and bare no ill will to me as I do to you. I may find my life one day in your hands, and I want it to be in the hands of a friend."
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 194