Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 285550 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1590 on: November 18, 2016, 09:44:05 am »

Give up on the helpfulness of wizards.

go play with my remaining tattoo's elsewhere in the base.

Try finding a living plant to rot or an ore bearing stone to soften and pull apart.
maybe find a nice crevasse to summon a swarm from while im at it.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: November 18, 2016, 03:27:49 pm »

Dar'yajira lays down in front of the mage, closing his eyes and letting his sense of the world flow.  He attempts to channel the power of his newly enchanted gem, allowing it to guide his druidic sense.  How is it improved?

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: November 18, 2016, 06:18:24 pm »

Let's play a round 2.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: November 18, 2016, 09:28:39 pm »

Veteran Characters: Whoever is interested in being a team lead, PM me with which mission you'd like to lead a team on. Looks like most people are either fine with either mission, or would like to go on the first. Plan on going on the First, but let me know if you'd like to go on the other one instead.

Everyone
I'm fine with running one big mission, and it will be that retrieval combat one if I do. I confess that I have not yet put enough effort into fleshing it out though, but will spend most of tomorrow doing so. I will post the thread Sunday. I will attempt to make a turn on Monday and another on Tuesday. After that, I will be out of town until next Sunday, and Monday will likely be a bust as well. I am thinking I will have you in up to four squads.
If you would prefer to go on the underground mission (mission 2) pm me. Likewise, if you refuse to go on that mission, pm me. Otherwise, do not pm me.

Also Everyone
Don't get all carried away or nothing, but requisition your supplies for this mission. it's going to be combat, sneaking, and climbing/falling. You might get lost. and there is likely to be limited resources available on site, so start thinking about that as well. Anyone who wishes to can write up a cart sized list of communal stores to take along.

(I would like to join in on the first mission.)

Explore around and pick up anything (herbs, bandages, ect) that looks like it would help patching up injury's. The more meatshields that are running around the less I have to worry about.
Pickins are slim at Omega. Looks like the medical staff has already picked the wild plants clean, and anything that could be used as bandages is either behind lock and key, complete with scowling guard, or is being used for some other practical purpose, or for modesty.

find a small room that no one would care if it was covered in crystals.

((Is like the first mission.))
You find a room down at teh end of one of the tunnels. it is dark, dusty, and has no windows. the nearest neighbor room is about thirty feet up the tunnel.

((Hmm. leaf-thing would be very useful for Clunker's current mission.))

My fist will be as a hammer that smashes flesh into the correct shapes! Which is totally a safer procedure than it sounds like.
Heck, man, it's even a necessary procedure, when you have to work on the trolls. Anything less is just well wishes and empty gestures.

I heard mission
Sooon. Sooooooon.

((I've been a bit busy lately, sorry for the sudden lack of activity. I'll edit an action in tomorrow when I have the time.))
It's okay. the GM has been a bit braindead lately. I have had an opportunity to recharge a little, and might be able to give you guys something good on this one.

Fiddler presents the mucus rather proudly to the alchemist.

"This belongs to this bugman I know - noxious stuff, caustic, presumably very toxic as well! Would this do for some kind of added benefit?"

Present the mucus, and get the rest of the Authentic Fiddler Extracts required for the greater voice potion.
"If it's mixed properly, that could be quite useful." She takes the ingredients and shoos you away. "I'll send for you when it's finished."

Keep training
The next bit of training is personal care and hygiene. The horror stories Senna tells are almost hard to believe. But she laughs, and she seems to relax a bit for the first time in a while, while telling them.

Try and remember to remove my high-quality poison ivy gloves before touching myself, should my disgusting pubescent brain compel me to do so. Otherwise, just exit the bushes and be press-ganged into whatever mission happens to be going on whilst on my way to the kitchen.
Al-alright. Yeah, okay.

Give up on the helpfulness of wizards.

go play with my remaining tattoo's elsewhere in the base.

Try finding a living plant to rot or an ore bearing stone to soften and pull apart.
maybe find a nice crevasse to summon a swarm from while im at it.

The rotting goes satisfactorily, but the other two just don't work, at lest, nto well. You soften a hand sized rock, and it slits into two. both parts are soliud, thoug hthey are easier to break. the swarm yo usummon is a bunch of midges. they settle on your rotten fruit for a feast.

Dar'yajira lays down in front of the mage, closing his eyes and letting his sense of the world flow.  He attempts to channel the power of his newly enchanted gem, allowing it to guide his druidic sense.  How is it improved?
Dar gets a stronger sense of the living beings of Omega. they resonate wit hhis Mark somehow and he can sense them nearby or afar, but only within the known area of the Base. As for the deeper things, well, he sennses that again with the same sort of clarity, but with less immediacy. He isn't threatened by his sight this round. the pendant remains still on his chest, waiting. Dar knows that it is ready to guide him, but that Omega Base is not the place for that.

Let's play a round 2.
You toss the bones and they land in a row, none touching another. "A winner!" You get whatever it was I said the payout for that is: 2 1/2 tokens, I think.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: November 18, 2016, 09:43:33 pm »

I'd like a nice, heavy murderclub walking stick. Kung-fu turtle time.

Also some kind of bag that I could carry despite the shell would be good. I already have some medical supplies, so no need to requisition those, but assume that I'm taking them along.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 07:56:39 pm by Egan_BW »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: November 18, 2016, 09:54:15 pm »

Dar'yajira immediately stops his druidic sense upon perceiving that deepness, then gets up and thanks the mage profusely.  After that's done, he leaves, and tries to find Noir--perhaps with the help of his new gem, if it can do such a thing.

Oh, and since I keep forgetting, Dar would slightly prefer the cave mission, but will probably choose which mission to go with based upon which mission Noir or Aylia goes on.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: November 18, 2016, 11:38:42 pm »

I take a brief break to check on my portrait, and to try out mixing Frost Giant and my flying forms, seeing if any of them might be able to carry cargo or passengers... or even fly after being giant-sized.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: November 18, 2016, 11:41:53 pm »

((Yoink I think all of us perves are slowly breaking ozy here.))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: November 19, 2016, 02:26:16 am »

"statement: If time permits this one before this one is hauled off on another mission, this one will take your request. However, this one has a few questions still.

Query: What is she? What kind of organic or otherwise is she and what makes her tick? Human, elf?
Additional query: If she manipulates the omega marks, would it not be more effective to gather individuals with no mark for this mission, or even temporarely disable or remove the mark from individuals you trust?"

questions.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: November 19, 2016, 03:43:15 am »

Hearing about the new mission gather some a bag filled with medical supplys and some climbing gear
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: November 19, 2016, 04:08:03 am »

Requisition a glowy thing of some kind to help light my way in case I ever wind up in a dark place. Preferably one that doesn't get extinguished by water! And rope, of course.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 05:59:26 am by Harry Baldman »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: November 19, 2016, 05:17:12 am »

Rec a short sword, a bow, and some armor that would work best with sneaking (totaly a cloak of shadows that helps with hiding in shadows.)
For climbing, a grapeling hook and rope would work.
And make sure to end up in same squad or place as noir.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 10:57:32 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: November 19, 2016, 11:32:35 am »

try some magic on one of my finger like crystals and try to make it glowy.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: November 19, 2016, 12:20:06 pm »

Terrance requisitions some empty darts. It then heads to the alchemist, and asks if they can make some potions from the ingredients in its hardcase.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: November 19, 2016, 02:47:41 pm »

Huh? Wha? Wuzzat? Where am I? What's going on?

Attempt to seek an answer to the above questions. If I get a chance, go cautiously peek into the kitchen.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 194