Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 285413 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1530 on: November 08, 2016, 03:39:00 pm »

"That was rather nice! Do you know how it does that thing with its voice, perhaps?"

Ask!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: November 09, 2016, 04:39:31 pm »

Wet? here. in the desert. It's damp and wet.
Why.
Go looking.
If I find nothing, ask granny.

"Big storm the other day. Huge, like a sea storm in the wet season. I thought Omega was coming to an end. Oh, not because of the intensity of the storm, but because of the wetness of it. That's not normal, miss. I thought they mighta broke something. They still might have. The captains are nervous."

"If you like, you can help hang the windows on the second floor. They're kinda slippery. If you don't tag them just right, then when they fly off their windowsills, they'll just keep going.
Rank? Hmmm. three successful missions is something. Did you encounter any complications? How did you distinguish yourself on these missions?
Of course, there are units within the Omega structure through which you can advance, if you are so inclined. My own unit could use your talents. We act as a sort of policing force within Omega. But, I hear that you are good with a more direct, more violent methodology as well. Perhaps we could persuade the higher ups to let you run a mission, as a sergeant pro tem.

or maybe you just need to make your case. The Man in Armor might have promoted you on the spot, had you asked while he was here."

"Statement: This one feels that this one aqcuitted itself well enough. This one killed a fair few hostiles, and also learned the goblin's language on the spot. As for complications, probably close to half of this one's teammates died, though this is of no direct consequence to this one.
Admission: This one may also have murdered one of the targets this one was tasked to retrieve on this one's first mission. In this one's defence, he was an insuffarable asshole.

Pondering statement: This one won't ask for a rise in rank just one, this one thinks. Being low of rank and not having many responsibilities could very well be a blessing. This one will look into those windows."

Finish up our conversation, then go and help hang the windows on the second floor.
"Take care not to let them bond with you. They like to meld into flat surfaces. or curved, as long as there is enough smooth area for them." You go in and, over the next couple days, fight with some rather intractable windows. You get about a third of them put in, and have to have one chemically peeled off a shin. It wihters as a result. Fortunately, there are spares, as this was apparently an expected occurrence.

Ah. Well, keep lounging around.
Sure, sure. the water begins to settle, or drain out of the morgue. the tip of your nose is exposed.

Upon awakening, Dar'yajira jumps up, wide-eyed and clearly frightened.  After realizing he is in no direct danger, the feline qietly slinks off to the shadows to collect himself.

Get water, then go find Aylia.  Quietly watch her, while annoying the GM with bolded non-actions thinking about what that abberation was, and what just happened with it.
You gain some startling insights, the implications of which are rather perplexing, especially in regard to your druidic heritage. PM me for the details.

I doubt Thrips knows how to swim. Maybe I could paddle a bit safely?
Continue splashing and exploring. Watch the goings-on and see what effects this flood is having on the area.

You have some fun over the next few days, and even learn how to swim a little. Oh, you're no expert, but you can get across a pond without trouble. You get some water in your ears and suffer an ear infection though. Before long, the water is too shallow to swim in anymore. The biggest effect you have seen has been the greenery, and the mud. But the greenery located at the top of the cliffs is already dull and withered, and hte stuff lower in is receding as well, collapsing slowly in on itself again.

I report about the mission. I (kinda truthfully) tell the tale that I destroyed the two bots almost single-handedly.
You receive mild interest, and your report is finished rather quicker than you wanted it to, before you are ushered back out of Officer country and told to wait. So you do. about a day and a half later, you are summoned. "We have need of your particular talents. But there is risk involved. And what we are asking of you will come with a gaes, that you not speak of it to anyone below the rank of Captain in Omega legion, nor anyone outside of it, nor at any place other than Omega legion. The gaes will prevent you from speaking it at all. Thinkwel on what we are asking, and come back within a day with your answer.

"That was rather nice! Do you know how it does that thing with its voice, perhaps?"

Ask!
"Much like the Song of the Siren, of course. It's a strange, hypnotic bait, arising out of that one's particular hunger. Are you telling me that you wish to become such as that?"

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: November 09, 2016, 05:39:51 pm »

Get up and head toward the gambling ring. Bring that orc armor scrip.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: November 09, 2016, 09:16:28 pm »

Well, if Senna is free, I'd like to spend some more time training with her, getting a feeling for what she needs most out of me, and what she doesn't need at all.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: November 09, 2016, 10:37:37 pm »

Dar will continue watching Aylia, and when she stops being busy he'll walk up to her and ask a simple question: "Why does Shifter stay?  It could escape without great difficulty.".

(Turn on next page)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: November 09, 2016, 11:31:26 pm »

Search the base for Plants of a Medically Useful Fashion, hopefully something disinfectant, and perhaps something valuable to trade around here.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: November 09, 2016, 11:37:03 pm »

"I'm here because I want to be here. I need to push myself and find out who I really am. This is the best way I can think of to do that."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: November 10, 2016, 01:02:50 am »

Amuse myself by gathering up a bunch of the dying greenery and attempting to weave it into some sort of garment. Maybe a hat.
If I can find a spare cloak or cape or somthing, try just attaching bits of plants to that to add some kind of camouflage.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: November 10, 2016, 05:31:22 am »

"It wouldn't be the worst thing if I could attain some of its abilities, or similar more lethal ones - preferably while remaining my devilishly handsome self, of course. Something to go with the fiddle, you know, which I could also presumably upgrade - I did see that the bear bard had some kind of magical upgrade to his. And he roared rather well at that - a throat such as that would be fairly handy, I assume! But this is just me waxing unnatural-philosophical - I assume you would know yet more?"

Speak more on transmunchkin initiatives.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: November 10, 2016, 10:58:09 am »

"Shifter is here... for self-discovery?  But why, this place is terrible!  Twolegs contain those they do not like here, force us to do their wishes, no?  Shifter risks death so lightly, Dar'yajira has watched it dying!  How can self-discovery be found in slavery and suffering?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: November 10, 2016, 12:19:13 pm »

"I'm no slave Dar. Unlike most, I chose to be here, and I can leave anytime I choose. I choose to stay. I choose to stay because I need to know who I am when I suffer. What I do when a place is terrible. And also because I get to travel, see new places, new things, discover stuff about what I am, what I can do. I get to test my limits in ways I never expected. Where better to discover myself than here?"

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: November 10, 2016, 01:27:41 pm »

I come back after a day and accept. Who are the captains in Omega Legion?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: November 10, 2016, 02:44:27 pm »

Continue placing windows, a good robutt doesn't tire after all. Have my spiderbot help out as well. It's a repairbot, and repairing is basically the same as construnction, right?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: November 10, 2016, 05:53:34 pm »

A clear element of fear creeps into Dar'yajira's voice, replacing the surprise he was conveying earlier.  As he goes on, it escalates into outright terror "But--Rrrmm, Shifter should just not stay here!  Shifter does not belong, this place is bad!  It is not-place, none should stay, it will kill them, or not-kill them, or--Mrrss, Shifter should just escape before it ends!"

As he finishes, the cat frustratedly shakes his head and backs away, befire simply sprinting away, preventing anything being said to him.

Dar'yajira will run away from Aylia, heading back to the little hole/cave he had been sleeping inside previously.  Is it flooded now?  If not, he'll crawl as deep inside as possible and try to rest and plan for a couple hours.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: November 10, 2016, 06:28:51 pm »

-.-
I follow Dar, shifting into cat-form if/when it becomes necessary in order to continue pursuit, because he ain't gonna git away with pullin that kinda stunt.
When he finally quits running I'll shift back to my natural form if I'm not in it at the time.
"Yeah, no. You don't get to say that kind of stuff and just run off. Explain yourself."
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 194