Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 285358 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1515 on: November 06, 2016, 10:25:31 pm »

Dar will find one of the healthier plants, and study it.  He'll try to find some way to help it preserve its newfound vitality, so that it won't drain away, or at least will last longer.  He hasn't done this sort of magic in awhile, so he'll tr to be careful and subtle so as not to harm the plant.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: November 06, 2016, 10:38:13 pm »

Go have a swim and relax a bit. After wards go looking through the plants for any that might be useful.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: November 06, 2016, 11:54:41 pm »

Um, we needed to hurry back to Omega base for some reason, what was the reason?

Get caught up on paperwork and reports

afterwards, I'd find myself a secluded spot and try again to shift into the form I copied off Noir.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: November 07, 2016, 04:56:25 am »

"I most certainly would! I always did love the freak show."

Take a look at one of these flesh globs, presumably.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: November 07, 2016, 02:05:59 pm »

Do zombies even need rest, or am I just being lazy?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: November 07, 2016, 06:05:16 pm »

Jack tests his new leg for a bit before going off looking for Noir
Sneak up on Noir and give her a hug!
Hug attack noted. I'll let her rp it, though. you guys can take that back to the other thread though, so as not to clutter this one, mkay?

Dar will find one of the healthier plants, and study it.  He'll try to find some way to help it preserve its newfound vitality, so that it won't drain away, or at least will last longer.  He hasn't done this sort of magic in awhile, so he'll tr to be careful and subtle so as not to harm the plant.
You find a small bush with thin, long branches that stretch across the ground before curving up near the ends. the leaves are thin, dark green, and have pointy edges. It looks failry used to dry climates. A plant grows best in it's natural environment, and this place is not this plant's place of origin. You study the sturdy little thing for a while looking for what it is lacking and what there is too much of around here. you find that it lacks some of the proper minerals, the right kind of sunlight, and of course, water. You are able to reach out and touch the water here and bind it somewhat to this plant, while very slightly adjusting the plant's sunlight absorption. As for the minerals, you cast about, but find little. The most you sense is in the troll arena. Perhaps some being there could help.

AS you make these changes your mind brushes up against something. Some binding or aberration or something. whatever it is, it is not natural, and it reacts to your meddling, or maybe to your presence in general. You feel yourself lose connection to the world around you, and even to your feline self for a moment, before the world snaps back in an overwhelming rush, causing you to lose consciousness. You awaken hours later, as the sun sets above, very thirsty and sore.

Go have a swim and relax a bit. After wards go looking through the plants for any that might be useful.
Everything is useful, in some way.

Um, we needed to hurry back to Omega base for some reason, what was the reason?

Get caught up on paperwork and reports

afterwards, I'd find myself a secluded spot and try again to shift into the form I copied off Noir.
There is an intensity to the atmosphere in officers' country, though there are rather few officers about. You are told nothing about what brought you back so quickly, and told it in that curt military way that indicates trouble. Perhaps it has to do with all this water and mud? Or with the notable lack of other Omegas in the Base?

You are certain that your shapeshifting is functioning. But you are still quite unable to shift into this form. very puzzling indeed.

"I most certainly would! I always did love the freak show."

Take a look at one of these flesh globs, presumably.
You are led down a long, winding corridor, which extends deep into the rock. It is dark, dry, and dusty down here. the silence is eerie, and the walls feel as if they are closing in on you. You begin to hear every heartbeat, every breath, and they get louder in your ears as you go, until you realize that they are not your own, though you breath in rhythm with what you hear.
"Here.Carefully."
You are directed to stand in an alcove and to peer out, over a wide, waist high ledge, and down into a broad pit. It's pitch black, until the sorceress touches a thin blue line along the wall. The line glows slightly, and the light races around the pit, up, across, and down, lighting everything in navy, which lightens slowly to a deep sort of turquoise. Below, a creature stirs. the whole thing, covered in fur or long hair, expands and contracts with each breath and pulsates with each heartbeat. You cannot see a face or nose or anything, but the creature spreads out four wide, batlike wings as the light brightens. On two of them, at the junction where the elbow would be, is a giant pulsating heart, covered in fur like the rest. the beast begins to keen - a long, low whine that rises to a howl. It's fur is disturbed, and dozens of arms reach out from it to stroke it's pelt. the keening is hypnotic, and you find yourself leaning forward, knees on the ledge, held back only by the sorceress, who touches the wall again and extinguishes the light. It is some time before the urge to return to the pit fades, and you find yourself in the tunnels again, heading back out.

Do zombies even need rest, or am I just being lazy?
You're being lazy, of course.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: November 07, 2016, 06:06:44 pm »

Do you mean the lonesome road one , ozy ozborne?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: November 07, 2016, 06:08:04 pm »

Do you mean the lonesome road one , ozy ozborne?
yah

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: November 07, 2016, 06:12:46 pm »

GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: November 07, 2016, 06:17:03 pm »

Wet? here. in the desert. It's damp and wet.
Why.
Go looking.
If I find nothing, ask granny.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: November 07, 2016, 06:28:57 pm »

"If you like, you can help hang the windows on the second floor. They're kinda slippery. If you don't tag them just right, then when they fly off their windowsills, they'll just keep going.
Rank? Hmmm. three successful missions is something. Did you encounter any complications? How did you distinguish yourself on these missions?
Of course, there are units within the Omega structure through which you can advance, if you are so inclined. My own unit could use your talents. We act as a sort of policing force within Omega. But, I hear that you are good with a more direct, more violent methodology as well. Perhaps we could persuade the higher ups to let you run a mission, as a sergeant pro tem.

or maybe you just need to make your case. The Man in Armor might have promoted you on the spot, had you asked while he was here."

"Statement: This one feels that this one aqcuitted itself well enough. This one killed a fair few hostiles, and also learned the goblin's language on the spot. As for complications, probably close to half of this one's teammates died, though this is of no direct consequence to this one.
Admission: This one may also have murdered one of the targets this one was tasked to retrieve on this one's first mission. In this one's defence, he was an insuffarable asshole.

Pondering statement: This one won't ask for a rise in rank just one, this one thinks. Being low of rank and not having many responsibilities could very well be a blessing. This one will look into those windows."

Finish up our conversation, then go and help hang the windows on the second floor.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: November 07, 2016, 06:38:30 pm »

Ah. Well, keep lounging around.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: November 07, 2016, 06:58:43 pm »

Upon awakening, Dar'yajira jumps up, wide-eyed and clearly frightened.  After realizing he is in no direct danger, the feline qietly slinks off to the shadows to collect himself.

Get water, then go find Aylia.  Quietly watch her, while annoying the GM with bolded non-actions thinking about what that abberation was, and what just happened with it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: November 07, 2016, 07:44:19 pm »

I doubt Thrips knows how to swim. Maybe I could paddle a bit safely?
Continue splashing and exploring. Watch the goings-on and see what effects this flood is having on the area.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: November 08, 2016, 03:01:58 pm »

I report about the mission. I (kinda truthfully) tell the tale that I destroyed the two bots almost single-handedly.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 194