Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 285061 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1140 on: July 24, 2016, 10:52:54 am »

Dar'yajira nods to the elf woman.  "This one understands.  It will watch for mission near Durnvale."

With that, Dar leaves the building.  He wanders for a little while, perhaps studying the map some more, until he sights the Eye.  And then syv stops writing bolded words, as you don't like bolded RP.  :P

"Eye!  Dar'yajira has not seen it in some time!  Is Eye well?"

((Tempdeaths should really cost random amounts of random stats/skills.  That's why we're using a five point per level system, after all.  If you can only lose five points at a time, we should really be using a one point per level system.))
"Yes."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: July 24, 2016, 04:43:40 pm »

"Good!  This one was uncertain, after seeing its damage."  The cat pauses, before continuing.  "Eye is meant to watch, yes?  Dar'yajira requests that it watch for these locations called 'Durnvale'.  Cat believes its Master was taken to one of them.  It watches itself, of course, but this one fears it may miss something, and Eye is very good at watching..." he trails off momentarily.

"Oh!  Dar'yajira was given map, of Durnvales, see? he fiddles with his collar, and moments later a holographic map pops up, highlighting five locations labeled 'Durnvale'.  He looks hopefully at the eye.  "So, will Eye assist?"

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: July 24, 2016, 06:06:18 pm »

Stop staring blankly and go find that archivist.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: July 24, 2016, 06:48:12 pm »

Noir would ignore fiddler or his urging inside her head whatever it may be not exactly trusting his advice much anymore before in a slightly awkward tone
"Um...hello I'm Noir Dragonfang and I  volunteered to join this...legion of some kind omega legion yes.so...um I've never done this kinda thing before...so I'm not sure what i should say and what you've heard so maybe you could go over what you've heard and what you wanna know and i can answer those questions?"
Say the following to the officer:
((Wow dident get alerted at all for Some reasona.))
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 06:57:15 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: July 25, 2016, 07:50:44 am »

"Oh, sweet. As for that potion, I will gather those, sure. Can I have the vials for now? And maybe a swab? I don't really have a vial of sweat in me for the time being, but I'm sure I can manage it eventually."

Is the gathering of bodily fluids going to be immediate or can I do it on my own time?
"take your time with the saliva and the sweat. it must be yours, and must be no older than a week or so. the blood I will need fresh from your veins as I begin the potion."
sweat and saliva collection material acquired.

First things first, ask him what makes swamp water different from regular old water.

Then use robutt computing to find the nearest spot where I could get said water. Or get/make it, one way or another.

If the location seems safe enough, start transferring the water to the cell.

"I don't know, algae? Alligator piss? Mud? mosquitoes big enough to fly off with a small child?"

You robo compute the nearest swamp and find, quite disconcertingly, that there are none. that's ... strange.
Your ponderings lead you to believe that your best bet for gaining swamp water would be either to collect some on a swampy mission, or to find a swamp being here at Omega who might have some as part of it's living quarters.

or you could ask a mage.

@riding mission: yes, though i have some time before I have to go. It'll be a couple days into august before I'm gone.

Did I get a replacement for my bow that was left behind when I was injured?

other than that, am waiting to get to learn about my training partner.

Were you flying with your bow? I would assume it was left in the fairy ring when you took to the air. So you keep it.

There are a few accomplished horsepersons in Omega, not even counting the centaur. Seriously though, stay away from that guy. he's ... cranky.
Anyway, you do your early training at the corral, first by watching other horses being put through their paces while you are in ElFey form, and then by being talked through some basic things while in horse form. several of the riders guide you through bits of horsemanship. in the end, you gravitate toward two persons, who seem most compatible.

The first is a man who looks to be in his thirties with strong, rough hands and a calm, patient demeanor. He wears a long sword on his hip, except when he mounts up, at which point he hooks the scabbard to a spot on the saddle designated for it. He carries other weapons as well, but this sword seems almost like a part of him. He has an air of competence and certainty that reassures. Someone suggests that he is quite accomplished in battle, but he doesn't speak of it.

The second is a woman, a little younger than the man, self assured and with a bit of a smile around her mouth all the time. She is an enthusiastic rider, and can get a mount to jump a little higher, weave a little quicker around obstacles, walk backward, and curtsy. She has an evident love for animals, and a fairly biting sense of humor. Her weapons of choice are a short sword and dagger combo, and a long bow.

each of these is willing to take you on a couple of missions which are expected to be light on combat, in order to build a working relationship before heading into anything serious. "Never take an untested weapon into battle," they tell you. "You've got a couple of missions under your belt, but how you would handle pitched battle, as a mount, is yet to be seen.

Stop staring blankly and go find that archivist.
Sure sure. What are we looking for an archivist for again? I mean, you find him, but why?

Noir would ignore fiddler or his urging inside her head whatever it may be not exactly trusting his advice much anymore before in a slightly awkward tone
"Um...hello I'm Noir Dragonfang and I  volunteered to join this...legion of some kind omega legion yes.so...um I've never done this kinda thing before...so I'm not sure what i should say and what you've heard so maybe you could go over what you've heard and what you wanna know and i can answer those questions?"
Say the following to the officer:
((Wow dident get alerted at all for Some reasona.))
You want to say "wow, didn't get an alert at all for some reason" to the officer? Ah well, following/preceding, whatever :P

Who are you? Why did you volunteer to join Omega Legion? Where are you from? What do you do? Who are your enemies?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: July 25, 2016, 07:53:25 am »

"Good!  This one was uncertain, after seeing its damage."  The cat pauses, before continuing.  "Eye is meant to watch, yes?  Dar'yajira requests that it watch for these locations called 'Durnvale'.  Cat believes its Master was taken to one of them.  It watches itself, of course, but this one fears it may miss something, and Eye is very good at watching..." he trails off momentarily.

"Oh!  Dar'yajira was given map, of Durnvales, see? he fiddles with his collar, and moments later a holographic map pops up, highlighting five locations labeled 'Durnvale'.  He looks hopefully at the eye.  "So, will Eye assist?"
"Yes."

Hmmm.  A mission for Dar and the Eye, to the Durnvales?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 25, 2016, 09:16:52 am »

Character sheet updated
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After getting back from the mission, collect my pay/equivelent, help/accompany Mongo to a doctor then head to the bar I need a drink

Come on Mongo lets see about getting your wounds treated
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 09:50:44 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: July 25, 2016, 10:47:23 am »

Find a doctor and see about getting patched up. Afterwards, join Korvash in the bar.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 25, 2016, 10:59:34 am »

Well the guy sounds h-I-I mean, I'll pick the girl. She'll help push me to become better, and her style of combat and general attitude is kinda similar to my own.

During a break:

Edit for Oz: Date of my afkness has shifted and shrunk, it's currently supposed to be approximately Aug 18-30, possibly extending to Oct 2 or starting Aug 15 or both.

"U-um, I have some forms other than a horse's that might interest you. Um, I recently got the ability to become a big ice cat. I... don't know if it would work, but if you wana try it..."

If she's up for it, I am.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 06:56:23 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 25, 2016, 01:21:46 pm »

Try to find a swamp being here at omega and ask if I could possibly get some swamp water from it.

If there are no swamp beings, reluctantly go find a mage and ask it for swamp water.

To swamp thing: "Query: Hello, dearest swamp organism. This one was wondering if it could acquire some samp water from you?"

To mage: "Weary Query: Greetings, mage. This one is looking for a significant amount of swamp water. This one wonders if you have the ability to acquire such a thing."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: July 25, 2016, 01:51:18 pm »

Exit portal, promptly ignore debriefing and take to the skies.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: July 25, 2016, 02:41:51 pm »

I'm looking for books about the history of necromancy, or books on necromantic theory.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: July 25, 2016, 03:33:49 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Say the above to the officer.

((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: July 25, 2016, 03:36:12 pm »

Oh, and does the Eye get debriefed?
Sigtext

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: July 25, 2016, 03:59:52 pm »

Locate sauna.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 194