Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 285108 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1020 on: June 28, 2016, 07:46:20 am »

"Response: We split up for the first time at the very beginning of the mission. My group was to make contact with the goblins, while the other four members each took slightly different routes to scout out the area.

Response: This one feels that the team overall got along fairly well. The less vocal members followed directives, while the more vocal members communicated well with eachother and exchanged information effectively. As this one mentioned, there was some disagreement between this one and mordred at the end about our best course of action. After some conversation, he convinced this one that going to the merc base was the optimal course of action. Don't tell him this one admitted that, though."

"Your secret is safe with us. It appears that your group used farseeing quite effectively. Speculate ofr me: why do you think the mercenaries emptied their encampment when they did?"

Examining the blue crap further. What is it, how does it work, is it safe for me to get help from a doctor?
The alchemists poke, prod, and in general annoy you in regard to the blue stuff. Turns out it is some kind of pain generating mechanism. Possibly a side effect of a spell or ... you know, some magic gunk. The alchemists are quite interested in taking samples, including body parts. I'd suggest making a tactful retreat and finding an apocathery, a doctor, and perhaps another necromancer. Get yourself either bound to the blue stuff, or rebuilt so you can remove it. Just tell me what you want to do - assimilate it, remove it and repair your body to functionality, or something else, and we'll let the npcs squabble over the leftovers.

"I AM FINE, ALBEIT SHAKEN SOMEWHAT. UNFORTUNATELY, DESPITE HAVING LIVED AMONG THE BIPEDAL RACES FOR A SIGNIFICANT PORTION OF MY LIFE, I STILL STRUGGLE TO UNDERSTAND YOUR BEHAVIOR; THAT PARTICULAR INDIVIDUAL DID NOT STRIKE ME AS ANY STRANGER THAN ANY OTHER I HAVE ENCOUNTERED RECENTLY. ITS INSTABILITY MAY HAVE BEEN OBVIOUS TO YOU, BUT NOT TO ME.

F
URTHERMORE, I ASSUMED THAT YOUR LACKEY WOULD KNOW BETTER THAN I WHAT MATERIALS COULD AND COULD NOT WITHSTAND SUCH A BLOW. I AM FLATTERED THAT YOU TAKE ME FOR A TINKERER, BUT TRUTH BE TOLD I KNOW VERY LITTLE ABOUT ARMOR THICKNESS AND THE LIKE."

Say the above.
"Ah, I see. Well, from now on, assume anyone in Omega does not have your best interests at heart. Oh, the alchemists are generally harmless, unless you happen to be around when they are performing an experiment, or you have something interesting tey want to test. And the quartemasters are easy enough to work with, since they prefer to exchange loot and services to actually stabbing you. but most of us came here unwillingly, because of our predilection for ... uncivil behavior, shall we say? Ah! look at that, your armor. Shall we test it again? I am sure it will stand up better to a hit this time. reinforced, you see."

Your armor is clunked down by a more surly fellow, who scowls at you for a minute before stomping off.
"he's a little irritated at having to do this a second time, you see."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: June 28, 2016, 10:30:51 am »

"Statement: True, the farseeing has proven exceptionally useful.
Response: Who can say. Perhaps the felt that their base camp was unsafe after the attacks on their patrols. Perhaps they felt that they needed to step up their plans since their area of operations had gotten so dangerous. Perhaps they managed to capture the elf and torture information out of him before dumping him in a ditch somewhere. Or perhaps they simply wanted to come at us in force to wipe us and the goblins out at the same time.
Annoyed response: Somehow, this one believes the elf had something to do with the entire mercenary group coming straight for our meeting point."

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: June 28, 2016, 12:11:34 pm »

Remove and repair, although I would like a small sample for myself.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: June 28, 2016, 09:34:51 pm »

"Statement: True, the farseeing has proven exceptionally useful.
Response: Who can say. Perhaps the felt that their base camp was unsafe after the attacks on their patrols. Perhaps they felt that they needed to step up their plans since their area of operations had gotten so dangerous. Perhaps they managed to capture the elf and torture information out of him before dumping him in a ditch somewhere. Or perhaps they simply wanted to come at us in force to wipe us and the goblins out at the same time.
Annoyed response: Somehow, this one believes the elf had something to do with the entire mercenary group coming straight for our meeting point."

'Do you suspect the elf of acting against the interests of the mission?"

Remove and repair, although I would like a small sample for myself.
the alchemists have a field day with you, scaraping the blue stuff off, setting you in a transmutation circle, even pouring acid on the blue stuff. that last part does not go well, and ends up with one of the alchemists losing an arm. You claim that was an automatic response from the blue stuff, and not yo ugetting angry when your skin began to bubble and peel off. eventually, they get the blue to slough off you and into a channel on the floor, from which they siphon it into numerous vials and beakers. They leave three vials with your now immobile corpse, which lays in place for some time before a troll comes along to drag you off to the morgue, where what you can only hope is a necromantic doctor awaits you, and not another troll - they do eat corpses after all.

turns out it's a tailr and some kind of ghetto surgeon. the tailor, a small spindly fellow with unnaturally long fingers and large eyes, stithes several of your wounds together, while the ghetto surgeon - taller, green skinned and faceless - takes parts from other corpses and begins jamming them into your chest. between teh two of tehm, tey get your body back to a reasonable shape. But you still cannot move.  they drag yo udown a long hallway in the morgue, to a candle lit room - barely lit in weak, flickering and oddly colored flames - where a group of robed figures surrounds you and begins chanting. Darkness fills the room and you feel unlife reenter your being. You rise and test out your strength and motion. All good.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: June 28, 2016, 11:40:31 pm »

"Thanks"

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: June 29, 2016, 12:34:19 pm »

"NO THANK YOU, I BELIEVE I HAVE LEARNED MY LESSON."

Stop by the apothecary's to check in on their progress. If they aren't done, wander around the base for a bit.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: June 29, 2016, 07:45:06 pm »

Clunkers shrugs

"Response: This one feels it more likely that the elf simply screwed up, while his original intention was to help the mission. He was that certain kind of dim, you see."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: July 01, 2016, 06:44:14 am »

"Thanks"
"yo."

"NO THANK YOU, I BELIEVE I HAVE LEARNED MY LESSON."

Stop by the apothecary's to check in on their progress. If they aren't done, wander around the base for a bit.
"It's an odd collections poisons, potions for confusion, hallucinations, thi8ngs to cause rashes, ... I'd say it's the kind of stuff someone would use if they weere trying to make someone's life miserable, generally without directly murdering them. not torture quite, either. more like giving someone all the STDs or something like that. Curse magic, in short."

Clunkers shrugs

"Response: This one feels it more likely that the elf simply screwed up, while his original intention was to help the mission. He was that certain kind of dim, you see."
"That seems likely. more so than outright betrayal. that would have had severe consequences. I believe I have no further questions. How about your self? have you an questions?"

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: July 01, 2016, 03:01:40 pm »

Alright, retrieve my vials and try to locate some gloves and a tiny spoon. After that's done, return to my room. Is the centipede still there?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: July 01, 2016, 04:02:00 pm »

"Response: This one is curious about how the goblins ared oing, and what happened to the mercs.
Additional response: This one is also curious as to how the creature of vines is doing in the legion."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: July 02, 2016, 06:46:46 am »

Alright, retrieve my vials and try to locate some gloves and a tiny spoon. After that's done, return to my room. Is the centipede still there?
Centipede? Room? I don't remember this. You have a slab in the morgue so far. Insects, understandably, are kept far away from there. But there are insects available if you want to do testing on them, so if you want, the potions guy can give you a few bugs in little jars - he demands a deposit for the jars, so be sure to return them - and a quiet, empty room off the hallway the potions, poisons, and narcotics enthusiasts are aligned around. Good enough?

"Response: This one is curious about how the goblins ared oing, and what happened to the mercs.
Additional response: This one is also curious as to how the creature of vines is doing in the legion."

"Well, the goblins lost a couple of families, and more young men, but as a whole, they are doing fine. The mercs decided that enough was enough and left for greener pastures. That's when I recalled you. This was a substantial setback for their company. They'll bounce back though, mercenaries always do. just ask around - many of your fellow Omegas come from mercenary companies. As for the creature of vine and stone ... last I heard they were doing some elemental tests on it. It seems llike something that isn't natural to this plane, after all. We'd like to know more before moving on. It will have been made aware of any risk of harm before any of the tests, don't worry about that. most of that kind of thing is non-destructive anyway, so it should come out just fine.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: July 02, 2016, 12:51:27 pm »

OK, I want to test the blue gunk's spreading tendency. Take an insect, and place it someplace it won't skitter away. Then take a small amount of blue stuff and put it on the bug. Try to place less than enough to cover the bug. Then place another bug next to the first.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: July 03, 2016, 03:27:12 am »

OK, I want to test the blue gunk's spreading tendency. Take an insect, and place it someplace it won't skitter away. Then take a small amount of blue stuff and put it on the bug. Try to place less than enough to cover the bug. Then place another bug next to the first.
the first bug, a nice large millipede, rolls over and twitches. the blue stuff does not spread on it. The other bug does not approach.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: July 03, 2016, 07:17:40 am »

"Content statement: That is good to hear. This one hopes Creature of Vines will enjoy his time here."

Go see the creature of vines. Or go and find something a big, ill-tempered construct like this one can help with around here. Or both.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: July 03, 2016, 02:59:30 pm »

Add some more blue pain to the first bug.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 194