Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 284098 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #435 on: January 08, 2016, 08:32:23 pm »

Well, two characters are here so far, and it is a young game. Actually though, there IS an exercise yard / arena, on the inner side of the loop. It'll appear when I post the next turn.

Might be the lack of combat in the clean-up mission. Next mission set will have more action though. I wanted to start off with a good ol' bar fight thread and an 'other' thread, to give people a feel for the setting and to let people practice the system a bit before making things too lethal. Of course, there's plenty of trouble available in both threads, what with all that charisma floating around, :P
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 08:36:11 pm by Ozarck »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 08, 2016, 08:49:22 pm »

just out of curiosity, how does character advancement work in this?
and how do we get new gear?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 08, 2016, 09:11:11 pm »

Like in ER, after the mission I'll award level up points. Same cost per stat increase as the ER system. As for gear, sometimes some will be provided for missions, other times what you loot is what you get. And some might be rewarded by the Legion for good service. Some more unpredictable gear might be given to the characters for ... reasons.

I'm somewhat flexible yet on how that all will work. I don't have an "armory System" in place. Omega has a little bit different an attitude toward it's people. There's some loyalty given where earned, and those who hold to the Omega Code tend to become somewhat tight knit, but they are very aware of the rather eclectic nature of their recruits. Which means, they aren't exactly expecting grand, noble sacrifice or "the good of the Realm" out of them.

Of course, there is some behind hte scenes stuff, but I'll save that for later.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 09, 2016, 08:11:49 am »

Actually though, there IS an exercise yard / arena, on the inner side of the loop. It'll appear when I post the next turn.

Imma start a fight club if there isn't one going on yet.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 09, 2016, 01:43:57 pm »

Looking around, you are sure you aren't going to get a sword that easily. At least, not from these people.

((Well, that was worth a shot.))

Finish meal, go for a walk in the canyon. See if there is a library, or some sort of wizardy-looking establishment. Poke around, see what else is there in this canyon.
You don't find a library, but that doesn't mean there isn't one there. You do find a large, short tunnel through the inner wall, which leads to a sort of natural arena. there is a ledge carved into the wall of a roughly circular pit, wide enough to hold sporting competitions inside. You blink a bit, as this arena is wider that the canyon and high enough to get much more of the daylight than the canyon floor, even though the sun appears to have set recently. In the arena, you see obstacles like large rocks and various bits of debris, including what appear to be a couple of broken metal and wood buildings - small ones, like storage sheds. the arena does not appear to be in use currently, though there are some beings about a third of the way around the circumference, up on the ledge (which is separated from the arena by a waist high wall) all clustered together. You see several halls branching off the main ledge. Walking down one you see several smaller rings, like sparring rooms, a couple weight rooms, and an equipment locker with an ominous looking seal on it.

now, how may i get to town, and what town?[color]
"Missions, boy. You get to town when Omega sends you to town. Got a couple teams out now, though, so not likely until they get back. hmmm ... honey Mead? I might be able to score you some a little closer to home - for a price." You get the distinct feeling that you are stepping onto dangerous ground if you agree to whatever price he is asking.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 09, 2016, 03:52:12 pm »

Come closer to the people chatting, just close enough to hear what they're talking about.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 09, 2016, 04:38:39 pm »

Now, what may you be talking about?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 10, 2016, 11:51:57 am »

((@Moonlit Shadow:Well that sucks.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 11, 2016, 09:01:21 am »

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

((Feel free to ignore the background section, it's... a bit shit. And long. I started writing it about a week ago and only just now got around to finishing the sheet, so I've probably forgotten quite what I was going for. Also I couldn't think of much in the way of specializations, if I even understood the rules for them correctly.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 11, 2016, 09:30:43 am »

Come closer to the people chatting, just close enough to hear what they're talking about.
They are talking about the usual: bloodshed, cleaning up bloodshed, betting on bloodshed, avoiding cleaning up bloodshed, and women. They notice you. One holds out a tin cup of something steaming, and the guy next to him makes a little room in their circle.

Now, what may you be talking about?
"Well, I have several tasks that require certain skill sets. Certain favors that require repaying. Certain ... interested parties that require entertaining. Tell me, boy ... can you climb?"

@Yoink. Skills look good. Background is fine. Attributes: you have +3/-3 and need either +3/-4 or +2/-2.

@Moonlit. I wish you well out there in the real world. thank you for being part of my game, and indirectly, of my life.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 11, 2016, 09:49:03 am »

yes, i can climb pretty well.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 11, 2016, 10:02:02 am »

They are talking about the usual: bloodshed, cleaning up bloodshed, betting on bloodshed, avoiding cleaning up bloodshed, and women. They notice you. One holds out a tin cup of something steaming, and the guy next to him makes a little room in their circle.

Smell the cup. If this does not smell like a cup of laxative, sip and join in on conversation.

When (if?) relevant, tell a little story from my days working for the local non-human community (predominantly elvish and fairy folks, some dwarves and others) featuring violent clash with law enforcement, featuring me, a bunch of tough guys I was rolling with and the coppers (or whatever disparaging name local law enforcement officers go by around here, use that name). The highlight of that story is how fun it is to have a good fight, where you kick ass and you get your ass kicked.
Also how that one most expensive wench in the house tripped while passing by me and hit my head with a wine bottle so hard the bottle broke and the wine poured all over me and how mistress of the establishment ordered her to give me a free night as a compensation. Best part - the bottle hit the horn stump right there (show dent) and I wasn't even hurt, but nobody could make it out in all the wine on my red skin!

Try to make out what's the deal with the arena and how lethal that is. Only fights to death? Any monetary prises or entry fees?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 10:05:55 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 12, 2016, 01:54:54 pm »

yes, i can climb pretty well.
"Alright. There's a ledge I need you to climb to. You can fit fairly well through small holes, right? You'll need to squeeze a bit to get in. Also try not to make a lot of noise. It might attract unwanted attention. there's an object inside, looks like a root, about three feet long and twisted. It is deep orange in color. don't touch it with your bare skin. bring that to me, and I might be able to get your mead. heh heh heh."

Smell the cup. If this does not smell like a cup of laxative, sip and join in on conversation.

When (if?) relevant, tell a little story from my days working for the local non-human community (predominantly elvish and fairy folks, some dwarves and others) featuring violent clash with law enforcement, featuring me, a bunch of tough guys I was rolling with and the coppers (or whatever disparaging name local law enforcement officers go by around here, use that name). The highlight of that story is how fun it is to have a good fight, where you kick ass and you get your ass kicked.
Also how that one most expensive wench in the house tripped while passing by me and hit my head with a wine bottle so hard the bottle broke and the wine poured all over me and how mistress of the establishment ordered her to give me a free night as a compensation. Best part - the bottle hit the horn stump right there (show dent) and I wasn't even hurt, but nobody could make it out in all the wine on my red skin!

Try to make out what's the deal with the arena and how lethal that is. Only fights to death? Any monetary prises or entry fees?

"So I got drunk this one time and this hot chick was totally hitting on me ...' You drone on a bit, and they all seem bored by your story. the drink is alcohol - strong, bitter, and nasty, like it was distilled in an ogre's bathtub or something. When you ask about the arena, one of the guys in your group laughs and tells you "it isn't an arena at all. that's the Rock Troll habitat. No one else can live with them, except some earth elementals. So we keep them down there. They sem to like it well enough. I've even seen one of them trying to grow daisies."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 12, 2016, 02:11:36 pm »

"it isn't an arena at all. that's the Rock Troll habitat. No one else can live with them, except some earth elementals. So we keep them down there. They seem to like it well enough. I've even seen one of them trying to grow daisies."

- Huh... Never seen those. Won't pop in there neither out of curiosity nor for a nice pay though.

Hang with these guys a little more, finish the drink, maybe another, then thank them for the company and the drinks, and wander off.

Find some empty place in the canyon, exercise telekinesis being mildly intoxicated - lift rocks of various sizes up and down, hurl them form side to side in the air, try to not make a lot of noise while doing so.
Sigs

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 12, 2016, 03:05:56 pm »

search arround for a rooe and some hooks, if i do, throw the rope tied to a hook it and try to catch a hook near the openin. If i don't find one, climb right on up.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 194