Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 284175 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #300 on: December 24, 2015, 11:48:50 am »

((Lenglon, upwind=direction the wind is coming FROM. Compare with upriver or upstream))
((Useage matters Maegil. I am going upwind of target object (ChemSpill), I am going to the direction the wind is coming from, from the perspective of the target object. I am going where the wind blows from me towards the target object. I am going upwind.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 24, 2015, 11:53:27 am »

((Ozarck, GMs have better and subtler ways of screwing up with the players than making them do something they never said. In my case, the words "whomever", "who", and "kicked" leave pretty clear that I meant to bash someone's face in, not attack a piece of wood.  Instead of making the character react like that, you could have , for instance, sent a pitcher full of beer - or, if you were feeling mean, a slop bucket or a chair - flying down the stairs.
This is an RPG, not the "corrupt a wish" thread.))

((You did state you were in an incoherent state of mind from rage, and you probably rolled a 1 or two in there someplace. Plus a non-specific reference to 'whomever it was who kicked him' provides an obvious opening.))

Team 1, Fiddler!

"I don't think this is a terribly nice place to be."

Carefully step out of the building. Don't run into a tangle of idiots this time around.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 24, 2015, 11:54:45 am »

((And Feegles are known for fighting everything that's there just because it is, but there was a target in mind.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 24, 2015, 11:58:50 am »

((And Feegles are known for fighting everything that's there just because it is, but there was a target in mind.))

((Sure, but the target wasn't explicitly stated or actually observed in-character. And a faceful of stair was also eaten first, so a little confusion is to be expected.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 24, 2015, 12:07:24 pm »

Edit: re-reading this, it sounds to my eyes a tad curt. I do not mean to come off that way, but was pressed for time as I typed it. I genuinely intend everyone to play their character as they will, and to have a reasonable expectation of things going good or bad based on their skills and personas. And the rolls. I hope this helps.

((blood splattered face, explicitly stating that he is out of control and angry, dim light, and the use of generic pronouns like "whoever", added to a will roll of 1. Basically, you got uncontrollably angry, got up, couldn't see shit, and started swinging wildly. it took a second or two for Simmie to recognize that he wasn't making contact with living flesh. Simmie is going to be a navigation hazard downstairs until he is able to control himself enough to direct his rage at something rather than swinging at anyone that moves. You'll be rolling Will to get under enough control to get upstairs this round. Sound more reasonable? Oh, and Fiddler had a good stealth roll, and sneaked away while you were distracted. I DID take your target into consideration. I saw the ooc apology to H_B))

((at the upwind debate. I understand

Wind -> Aylia -> toxic spill -> potentially deadly fumes. ))

Edit: dang it H_B get outta my head!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 12:39:45 pm by Ozarck »

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 24, 2015, 12:15:37 pm »

((Fine, it's done anyway. As for that will roll (-2, fully intentional for comedic effect) to calm down... I wonder how sturdy this support beam is...))
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 12:24:24 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 24, 2015, 01:53:50 pm »

TEAM2 Ssslavina

Keep pushing little crate to little town.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 24, 2015, 01:54:57 pm »

((On second thought... there might be something useful in the crate, so I've edited the action again.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 24, 2015, 02:17:25 pm »

reggie will not resist anyhelp and will cooperate to the best of his abilities
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 24, 2015, 03:04:47 pm »

Team 1, cho-ja.

Use tail spear to keep mook A at bay whilst using innate magic to spray caustic venom directly into mook B's face from point blank range.

Jump off of mook B and attack mook A, attempt to shred his cudgel arm.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 24, 2015, 03:11:04 pm »

Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #311 on: December 24, 2015, 05:14:06 pm »

--TEAM 1--
Keep getting the wasps out

See below, Syvarris has a point
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 11:59:11 pm by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 24, 2015, 11:45:15 pm »

Team 1 -- Dar'yajira, Magic Cat

Calmy sit there and free the remaining wasps using carefully-applied sorcery.

Exasperated, the cat says "Dar'yajira wonders how wasps even get trapped in junk to begin with." it pauses for a second, tilting its head, before continuing "Perhaps it is because they have tiny brains, yes?  Master said that matters for other creatures."

((@Insanegame You might want to just let me free your wasps.  If you try, you'll probably make things worse.

@Comrade Nice!  You make me envy your drawing skills.  Although, I suppose I don't play characters who would be interesting to draw.))

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 25, 2015, 01:54:45 am »

Try to remember if I have any identification as Omega Legion on me. If I do, show it to them, along with a firelight so they can see it. Regardless: "Omega Legion, actually. We've been brought in to handle security at the festival, so I suggest you three turn yourselves around and walk the other way before you have an unfortunate incident that results in your next of kin having a hard-pressed time identifying your corpses."

If Dumb, Dumber, and Dumbest don't appear to get the hint, raise a firewall between me and them, and rapidly advance it towards them.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 25, 2015, 02:03:10 am »

After the fire mage speaks:
>"Further, this unit reminds you that for your safety, this interaction is being monitored and recorded."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 194