Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 284123 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #285 on: December 23, 2015, 08:33:57 pm »

Team One -- Dar'yajira, magic cat

Calmly rest and watch the stairs.  I'm sure the other people can sort things out themselves.  Actually, go try and help out those hornets with their junkpile problem.  If my magic isn't limited to self-enhancement, sit in front of the trash and carefully deconstruct the pile with magic.  If it is limited to self-enhancement, strengthen myself and then remove the junk pieces that are trapping hornets.  Do not try and be creative.

"Do these ones require assistance?  Dar'yajira will try to help."

((I'd help, but Dar'yajira actually prefers to not kill people.  I wasn't gonna help the hornets 'cause no hands... but I might as well try.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 23, 2015, 09:03:03 pm »

Action edited to be more defensive.

((Not gonna force you to help him, but im the one teying to kill people. he's just trapped under half the basements junk and is more likely to deal with them non-lethally.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 24, 2015, 09:27:19 am »

Team One

==Team 1==
BBTBMSM Simmie

"FUARRGH!!! FECKIN' BIGJOBS, WE'RE HERE TA HAELP YE!!!" Simmie blows his fusebox and attacks whomever it was who kicked him. For all practical purposes, he's now an out-of-control snarling, ferocious, fearless, and pugnacious 16.1cm humanoid-shaped badger decided on having a fight just becuse.
((Sorry, Harry...))
You get up, all in a rage, and begin hammering away, tiny, sturdy little fists flying fast. You barely notice how sturdy your opponent seems. Eh, who cares, a fight's a fight, amirite?

Fiddler, Team One!

"Simmer down, you rabid little ball of control issues."

Should the Feegle successfully make an issue of this, chuck him out a nearby window. Or kick him through one, whichever seems most practical.

And if he fails to do so, retrieve my precious fiddle and step away from any excitement.

the feegle seems distracted. You aren't surewhat the support beam did to him, but it must have been awful. Now that you are out from under it, the fiddle comes free pretty easily. Looking around, about the only place where the excitement isn't happening is in a corner near the furnace. You go there.

Not what I had in mind! OW OW OW! Quickly cancel the fire dome and turn to address the newcomers. Be prepared to lightly par-broil them with a flamewall if needed. "Oh? Festival's not over here boys, so I suggest you keep moving."
“Oy, 'e thinks 'e's a constable or some lot, tryin' ta tell us where to have a festival. Let's see his badge, eh? Alrigth, Your Lordship, show us the way to the festival, eh?

They've moved a little closer now. You can make out three forms, all big, all meaty, all ugly.

The broken tablet, apparently suffering some sort of exothermic reaction, gives up the ghost and just explodes/shatters/otherwise stops working properly.

>Logging required repairs.

>Requesting a less volatile medium be used to provide distance surveillance access.

>Requesting IMMEDIATE cessation of this mission and recall of those associated, including this unit for repairs, followed by some actual basic training, and tests for fitness for duty, for those involved in this miserable failure.  Preferably, a more-trained crew should be dispatched to this mission.

>Surveillance resumes on the house specifically.

Not that yo ucould control it at this point, but yes, the tablet is pretty solidly ruined.
>requests denied. Mission status within expected parameters. Communication device test successful. Proceed as instructed.
the house, it turns out, is a rather large, very shaby inn. there's a stable, two wings, and a sort of central hall, out of which you and the fire guy left. You see him down there, engaged in seemingly civil conversation with three possible hostiles.

team 1, cho-ja.

Engage in hostilities.

Use innate magic to spray caustic venom at mook A then spear my tail at mook B before jumping on him and doing my damndest to tear him to pieces.

Utilize defensive combat tactics to deflect attacks this turn.

Still use innate magic to spray caustic venom at mook A to give myself some breathing room.

Counterattack against mook B with my claws, try to get within his guard so he cant swing his cudgel effectively.

Defensive: You manage to avoid and deflect several blows, but some are getting through.
Venom: (1) just as yo ugo to spray him in the face, you are forced to dodge a particularly well aimed blow, and the venom is spent harmlessly against the wall to his side.
Stinger:the stinger is deflected, but it provides you with an opening. You lunge, and for the second time this battle, you and a hostile go down. You have the advantage, but you are painfully aware that yourback is now exposed to the other guy that you missed with the acid.

Meanwhile: "Josine! Get help!" the first guy is up, and heading out the door the other two came in from.

--TEAM ONE-- WASPS
You wasps, GET OUT OF THE BUCKET! You are needed!
Team One -- Dar'yajira, magic cat

Calmly rest and watch the stairs.  I'm sure the other people can sort things out themselves.  Actually, go try and help out those hornets with their junkpile problem.  If my magic isn't limited to self-enhancement, sit in front of the trash and carefully deconstruct the pile with magic.  If it is limited to self-enhancement, strengthen myself and then remove the junk pieces that are trapping hornets.  Do not try and be creative.

"Do these ones require assistance?  Dar'yajira will try to help."

((I'd help, but Dar'yajira actually prefers to not kill people.  I wasn't gonna help the hornets 'cause no hands... but I might as well try.))
Between the two wasps not pinned, and the magic cat's careful sorcery, you manage to extricate  three of the wasps from the rubble this turn. Just three more are pinned.

Team Two

Reggie team 2
((Man Reggie's unlucky))
oh why WHY DOES MY POWERS HATE ME
I need to stop people from drowning I can't let people die because of me!
BODY DON'T FAIL ME!

untransform use all my strength to swim and save Durmokh Dumrhysson swim to the surface call for help LOUDLY!!
You relax, and form back into your humanoid shape fairly naturally. You swim up under the boat, noticing an air pocket formed inside. The dwarf, still sitting on the bench, is clutching the bench pretty tightly, and is unmoving, with his eyes closed. You poke your head into the air pocket and begin shouting for help.

clunkers- team 2

Try to use my Calculations (farseeing) to divine where the heck the town is. If I divine where it is, head over in that direction. If I fail, just keep trudging along as I am right now

You get a pretty good sense of where you need to go, and trundle along that way. Slow going, but it isn't that big a lake.

Aylia, Team 2

I stay right where I am, resting, and looking out over the town, listening to conversations of passerby.
Seems like the sludge pile is all the rage in the social world of Seahaven. Rumor has it that it is rapidly expanding through the town, has transformed half the inhabitants into flesh horrors, is eating a hole straight through the center of the universe, and is an enemy plot to conquer the Kingdom. A plot lead by either the Duke, the Thieves' guild, some lawyer, the fey, Old Barney – whoever that is-, and even the Queen. You do hear someone mention the alchemist, saying he was seen near the spill, carrying something probably alchemical toward the spill. John brought him a sandwich, apparently. Oh, and you get a good sense for whee the alchemist's lab and his silo are, so there's that. Not that you couldn't have found it anyway. There's no way that smell is natural.

=="Terrence", team II==

Paddle my crate towards shore with whichever arms are closest to the water.
coolin' and paddlin'.

TEAM2 Ssslavina

Ignore everything about teammates except to get away from them as soon as possible. Keep swimming.
((I like how that honey badger video specifically mentioned King Cobras. And by like I mean terrified.))
Splish splash. Heading to town? Or just “away?”

Keep swimming.
likewise, heading townward. It doesn't seem like it's too far. How much exposure to swimming did your elfess have before?

*Sigh* That guy really can't transform, can he?

Give my crate a push towards land, and go help him out. Try to swim to shore.

"Now, no shapeshifting unless you absolutely have to, got it?"
You dive under the boat and come up inside. Between the two of you, you manage to pry the dwarf's fingers off the bench and get his head above water.

==Team 2==
Durmokh Dumrhysson

Attempt to not drown.
Now I have  to roll for this. You wake up, wide eyed and terrified, coughing and spluttering. You grab the nearest object and shove it down in an attempt to pull yourself up. That object turns out to be Reggie's head. So now, in your attempt not to drown, you are actively drowning someone else. Man, panic sure is fun, in the water, isn't it?

At Base

quickly stand up and explore my sourroundings
"Where am I? I know I was getting dragged somewhere, but where specifically am I?"
You re in the Omega Legion now. You can call this place “Base.” Some of the others call it far uglier terms.

==| Mordred | Base - Unknown room |==

Mordred lays still until the complete disorientation wears off at least a little, letting the eyes get used to bright light as well, then carefully raises his head, looking at himself. If there are no ropes or chains on him that stop him from doing so, he stands up and looks around.

((Also, calling crimson speech color. Or is that taken?))
You stand up, and immediately regret it as your head is being pounded right back into your boots. Ugh. the room hasa sleeping pallet and a window which overlooks a canyon of some sort. there is a door. it is slightly open. peeking out reveals a long, dimly lit hall with similar doors.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 24, 2015, 09:34:00 am »

-Team 2, Ebony-

Keep on swimming. Keep the crate.

((There was a river running through the forest, so a decent amount.))
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 01:54:30 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 24, 2015, 09:39:30 am »

Keep on swimming.

((There was a river running through the forest, so a decent amount.))
mkay, you can probably leave the crate behind and get to shore without more trouble.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 24, 2015, 09:40:39 am »

((Action edited.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #291 on: December 24, 2015, 09:50:06 am »

==Team 2==
Durmokh Dumrhysson

Gah, sorry. Sorry.

Stop drowning Reggie.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 24, 2015, 10:04:24 am »

>Request confirmation:Active infighting is within expected mission parameters?

The Eye floats down to just above the reach of anyone and stares at the unknown quantities.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 24, 2015, 10:41:44 am »

team 2 - clunkers

Keep on underwater trucking

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 24, 2015, 10:51:05 am »

==| Mordred | Base - Unknown room |==

Check possessions - when captured, he had his bastard sword, a pouch of dried tobacco leaves, some pieces of paper and some silver coins. Also look around for some water. Then go barge in some of those rooms down the corridor, see what's up with those.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 12:12:11 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 24, 2015, 10:56:54 am »

==Arileth|Base-unkown room|==
check my stuff and see what I have with me
Sooooo what's to do around here?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 24, 2015, 11:13:15 am »

=="Terrence", team II==

Just keep swimming paddling

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 24, 2015, 11:32:04 am »

Ayla, Team 2

Now that I've had some time to rest, I take to the air again, going to the area of the spill itself. I want to circle it once or twice (still avoiding fumes, if the wind is strong then I'm going over it instead of past it, if it's weak then I'm going well past it, and in either case I want some altitude to give me distance. If I start smelling anything wrong then I'm getting out of there.)to get a general impression of its size, effects, and layout, and see if I spot the alchemist. Afterwards, if I saw the alchemist out here, I'll land somewhere near him (in a tree probably, but if things are weird then maybe somewhere else), upwind of the spill. If I didn't, then I'd prefer to go back to town to land, but I don't want to take risks and will land nearby if it becomes an issue.

-upwind -> where the wind blows from you towards the object, not from the object to you. so if you're hunting deer it can smell you, and if you're avoiding a chemical spill you aren't breathing toxins.

Minor edit: slight adjustment of flight path to avoid poisoning myself.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 12:11:36 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 24, 2015, 11:40:30 am »

==Team 1==
BBTBMSM Simmie

"RAAAGH!!! FIGHT BACK, YE SCUNNER!!!" Noting that there's more interesting violence to be had upstairs, Simmie heads out the door, climbs up someone's trousers, grabs on to the belt and kicks him in the "voonerables", and carries on with the badger impression.

((Ozarck, GMs have better and subtler ways of screwing up with the players than making them do something they never said. In my case, the words "whomever", "who", and "kicked" leave pretty clear that I meant to bash someone's face in, not attack a piece of wood.  Instead of making the character react like that, you could have , for instance, sent a pitcher full of beer - or, if you were feeling mean, a slop bucket or a chair - flying down the stairs.
This is an RPG, not the "corrupt a wish" thread.))

((Lenglon, upwind=direction the wind is coming FROM. Compare with upriver or upstream))
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 11:45:57 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 24, 2015, 11:45:14 am »

((Ozarck, GMs have better and subtler ways of screwing up with the players than making them do something they never said. In my case, the words "whomever", "who", and "kicked" leave pretty clear that I meant to bash someone's face in, not attack a piece of wood.  Instead of making the character react like that, you could have , for instance, sent a pitcher full of beer or, if you were feeling mean, a slop bucket or a chair, flying down the stairs.
This is an RPG, not the "corrupt a wish" thread.))
((Yeah, that really didn't make sense...))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 194