Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 19: Most Worstest Things: Game over, man!  (Read 49842 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 19: Most Worstest Things: Looking for sub
« Reply #300 on: March 26, 2016, 08:22:56 pm »

1) He says he wants an extension b/c doesn't feel well
2) He submits turn anyways
3) Extension granted (asleep by this time), yay!
4) Other outstanding player submits, turn processes
5) Reviews turn
I really shouldn't have submitted that turn, sigh.

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 27, 2016, 01:40:44 pm »

Can I get a 24h extension because Easter?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 27, 2016, 02:06:14 pm »

Sure.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 29, 2016, 01:22:37 am »

In all honesty, I'd probably be playing better if I didn't secretly want AlStar to put me out of the misery that is two simultaneous Dominions games.

Yes, I know others enjoy that sort of thing.  I don't.  One nation at a time is good enough for me, thanks.

EDIT: On related news, I'm realized that I don't owe anyone anything, and will be going AI if a replacement can't be found.  Could I possibly win?  Sure.  Do I want to put that amount of time into saving Hoburg scum?  Absolutely not!  Later fools!

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 29, 2016, 04:20:55 am »

I have to say I enjoy round20 exactlly for the ease of it - no big teams, strange races or fancy mods just a bunch of noobs failing about.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 29, 2016, 09:31:43 am »

I have to say I enjoy round20 exactlly for the ease of it - no big teams, strange races or fancy mods just a bunch of noobs failing about.

Oh, the mod doesn't bother me (except for it being filled with hoburgs, which I only pretend to hate).

I've calmed down (primarily because I don't have to submit two turns today), so I may have a couple turns left in me, but a Sub is really, really needed.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 29, 2016, 09:44:06 am »

For what it's worth, I'm trying to kill you off as quickly as possible - these things take time, you know - you're not some bumbling minor nation-state.

I am glad to have finally dealt with that damn scorpion raider group of yours. Hilariously, the site-searcher without any script did better than I would've. Charm animal! Duh.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 29, 2016, 09:55:53 am »

For what it's worth, I'm trying to kill you off as quickly as possible - these things take time, you know - you're not some bumbling minor nation-state.

I am glad to have finally dealt with that damn scorpion raider group of yours. Hilariously, the site-searcher without any script did better than I would've. Charm animal! Duh.

Well, that is encouraging.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 30, 2016, 08:01:00 pm »

Despite previous posts, I'm still going to submit turns for a while.  Going to the movies, should be back prior to turn resolve, but might be a little close.  Could I get a few hours?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 30, 2016, 09:15:59 pm »

In keeping with previous resolutions to avoid very small pushes (because they add up in the worst way imaginable), pushed 8h.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 31, 2016, 06:53:11 pm »

Guess who just submitted his turn super early this time?  ;D

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 31, 2016, 06:56:27 pm »

Hellheart/Kundorf just attacked me with 120 air gems worth of spells and 5,000 gold worth of sacreds. Not only is this gratuitous display of wealth single him out as a major threat to all other gods in the world, but it also means that he's both low on air gems and his army is away from his territory. His neighbors (whoever they are - I'll admit that my scouts are a little lacking on that side of the world) should attack him ASAP, for the good of all.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 31, 2016, 08:05:06 pm »

Well, it was hardly unprovoked, unless you're going to claim that your failed 2250g attempt to invade Questria (56) half a year ago (while simultaneously engaged in invasions of your other two remaining neighbors, natch) was "all just a terrible misunderstanding"...

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 31, 2016, 08:11:56 pm »

It was owned by independents at the time, I'll note. Certainly, if I knew that Kundorf's sacred army was moving into the province on the same turn, I would've left it well alone (or at least brought significant mage support.)

Edit: And I was only in war with one of them at the time - the other decided to get in on the fun shortly after that.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 31, 2016, 08:20:11 pm »

Ah, yes. Owned by Beast-spawned dire wolves, hence technically independents. Just like the Beast-spawned-werewolf-held border province of mine that you gobbled up the turn before giving up all pretenses of "just attacking independents by my neighbor" (not there were any convincing pretenses, really, given how swiftly you'd just rolled over Simbaburg to become my neighbor) and hit three of my provinces that I hadn't recently lost to throne events.

Which is to say, unconvincing explanations are unconvincing, though I don't doubt that you're quite sincere in stating that you didn't want to face any resistance to your long-range invasion-on-the-cheap. Although it is cute how you're claiming you had enough mages in that theater to support that army, let alone to support it sufficiently to overcome what Kundorf unexpectedly brought up to secure its border. You and I both know that you barely had any mages to speak of in Old Schiewald at that point; you didn't need to, since you were just rolling over a nation that went AI...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 08:28:37 pm by E. Albright »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25