Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 19: Most Worstest Things: Game over, man!  (Read 49815 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 19: Most Worstest Things: hoburgs away!
« Reply #330 on: April 12, 2016, 08:54:25 pm »

I totally would (I mean how much worse can I make it), but the random gen nations are a bit tiresome and I'm already in 2 games. Just keep repeat recuitment on, makes for a somewhat decent nation to take over later.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 13, 2016, 05:31:46 pm »

Sorry to be making another request, but my new laptop was a lemon.  Returned it today, and ordered another laptop, should arrive in 2-5 days.

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 15, 2016, 01:58:55 pm »

Can I get a 24h extension?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 15, 2016, 03:38:57 pm »

Pushed.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 19, 2016, 02:08:33 am »

I think it is time to go AI for this game.  Anyone want to take over?  I'll give it a bit prior to submitting the "Go AI" turn.  Feel free to host in the meantime.

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 21, 2016, 05:05:57 pm »

Need a 24h delay. Had no idea the deadline was coming up and I have to do a bunch of shit for work today and go in for work early tomorrow.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 21, 2016, 06:35:54 pm »

Got it. Barely.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 23, 2016, 09:42:46 am »

I'll be perfectly honest, since I have the scout network to reasonably judge this - we're shuffling deck chairs at this point. Momentum and geography are such that Sweoitmer is going to win. It's not really in question at this point, certainly not with (active) Noirbach out of the picture (not that I'd've wished their situation on any sub). I'm willing to continue irritating AlStar right up to the bitter end (especially since it can't be THAT far off), but I'd be just as willing to put an end to this short-lived (*wink, wink, nudge, nudge*) bloodbath...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 24, 2016, 12:56:15 am »

Thank you for confirming that going AI was the right thing for me to do.  I debated long and hard about that decision.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 24, 2016, 08:45:21 am »

Well, had you not gone AI it's possible that Sweoitmer could have been slowed in their progress enough for someone else (not you or me) to win. So it's not like it made no difference - and indeed, if one of your southern neighbors rapidly overruns you, it could even prove decisive and throw the balance of the game in another direction. I'd not count on it, but still...

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 24, 2016, 10:20:42 pm »

Well, I'll take the world's surrender if it's being given, but only if everyone agrees - I certainly preached enough doom-and-gloom in 418, even though there were several teams that felt that there was at least a fighting chance for them (my team not included, obviously, given our switch to AI) to win.

In other news, any plans for a new game? And if so, any ideas what (if any) new shit we'll throw at the wall to spice things up?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 10:22:22 pm by AlStar »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 24, 2016, 10:57:47 pm »

I'm not certain you've won; I just think it's very, very likely, and it would be a long, slow, painful slog for any other nation to push you far enough back to win. Obviously, though, that's just my opinion. [Edit: also postponed hosting 24h since it's almost deadline and Kundorf's still out, and I'm pretty sure Kundorf staling right now is almost as good as deciding the game is done. Well, and also because I'm really tired and don't want to think right now even if my turn is mostly done.]

---

The next game of Dominions - certainly the next of a NationGenerous variety - that I'm likely to rabble-rouse for would be an all-Foulspawn abomination. Obviously, this should suggest that me playing as few games as possible for a bit would be a good thing, since I still need to finish getting the wretched things implemented. Ofc, it'd also help if I didn't have the attention span of a hyperactive gnat and could avoid doing things like going off on tangents like "centaur", "ogre", or "illithid". *sigh*
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 12:00:12 am by E. Albright »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 25, 2016, 09:24:02 am »

I would be intrested in another game, but my preference (as somewhat of a newb) would be more towards a minimalist approch, maybe vanilla with minimal mods again.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 25, 2016, 02:06:21 pm »

The next game of Dominions - certainly the next of a NationGenerous variety - that I'm likely to rabble-rouse for would be an all-Foulspawn abomination.

All hoburg foulspawn? You sick bastard :P
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 25, 2016, 06:55:25 pm »

The next game of Dominions - certainly the next of a NationGenerous variety - that I'm likely to rabble-rouse for would be an all-Foulspawn abomination.

All hoburg foulspawn? You sick bastard :P

Sounds like E. Albright all right.
...yeah, I'd consider that muck.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25