Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: What is your profile pic and how did you get it?  (Read 8039 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: What is your profile pic and how did you get it?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2015, 05:44:33 pm »

One day, I decided to combine an ancient meme and DF. people seemed to like it, so I stuck with it.

This is a shitty Halloween version, too lazy to change it back.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2015, 05:55:09 pm »

Id, the Demon of Elru, alter-ego(oh, funny on so many levels) of Fei Fong Wong.  Fei is the main protagonist of Xenogears, possibly my favorite PSX RPG, Id is an occasional antagonist.  I've been using various Weltall-Id or Id avatars for some time now.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2015, 05:58:55 pm »

Mine is a portrait "Casual Dwarf" by Tregis on Deviant Art.  I hosted it someplace under my own account so that I wouldn't be stealing Deviant Art's bandwidth.

The image resembles "Dirst Frostkin" who was an RPG character of mine from years ago.  His distinguishing physical characteristic was that he rolled a freakishly above-average height for his race, and a 5'6" dwarf was more interesting than a run-of-the-mill tall human or elf.  Given how stocky dwarves are, his weight worked out to something like 350 pounds.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2015, 06:37:04 pm »

This glorious artist.
Also I stole them all. I'm an evil, evil person.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2015, 06:45:04 pm »

Mine is Bubo, the lovable mechanical owl from the 1981 Clash of the Titans movie. I picked it after this exchange in a forum thread:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I blame Scotland.

EDIT: Before that, it was usually either The Burger King, or a portrait of Yoon Tae-goo from The Good, The Bad, The Weird.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 06:48:03 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2015, 06:50:49 pm »

Self Portrait.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2015, 06:58:46 pm »

Mine is Bubo, the lovable mechanical owl from the 1981 Clash of the Titans movie. I picked it after this exchange in a forum thread:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I blame Scotland.

EDIT: Before that, it was usually either The Burger King, or a portrait of Yoon Tae-goo from The Good, The Bad, The Weird.
Tbh, your avatar reminds me of Clockwerk, the main antagonist of Sly Cooper.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2015, 07:30:56 pm »

Found a trailer for Speedrunners that featured Falcon taunting (fortunately, it was stationary as well), and used GIFCam to extract it. I don't recall whether or not I used Photoshop to further crop/resize it down to avatar size or not (since initial capture). I did have to resize/enlarge the video a bit to make the most of GIFCam's cropping area, and also edit the captured frames a tad to maximize the amount of animation featured, and make it loop seamlessly enough. Turned out pretty well.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 07:35:32 pm by Itnetlolor »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2015, 08:24:22 pm »

It's a pixel art snake I made a few years back.

It was made in MSPaint.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2015, 08:30:03 pm »

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2015, 08:35:45 pm »

It was an avatar fad, I think it was "old pictures of guys with beards." I have no real connection to communism, I just like the beard, and can relate somewhat.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2015, 08:37:27 pm »

It was an avatar fad, I think it was "old pictures of guys with beards." I have no real connection to communism, I just like the beard, and can relate somewhat to the right hand man that had a major hand in things but nobody really remembers.
Are you now, or have you ever been, an old guy with a beard?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2015, 08:38:58 pm »

It's Sithrak, the Blind Gibberer, from the NSFW comic Oglaf. In celebration of my recent conversion to the Doomsayers of the Blind Gibberer, I cropped a picture of his face.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2015, 08:42:05 pm »

You recieved a tract too? ;)

(jk-- but I would love to have the doomsayers visit my house with thier flaming skull effigy. I would LOL so hard.)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2015, 08:44:18 pm »

Sithrack's gonna fuck you up!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8