Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 65

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Song - Game Over! SK Victory!  (Read 73100 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Song - Day 3: the story of the mafia and town [9/16]
« Reply #780 on: January 12, 2016, 11:10:17 pm »

TBF Your lack of dedication to anything you did this game still marks you as scum in my book. Why did you finish yesterday with no votes?
Over all others, DA, why is lack of dedication marking one out as scum? Overall, what's your basis of comparison to every other single individual along with that last sentence there?
Dedication may perhaps be the wrong word, but it's the closest I could think of to reasons he's scummy. For a start, it's day 3 and he claims to have no suspicions about anyone aside from being 'slightly worried' about two people that he hasn't questioned at all. The person he's currently voting for was chosen by rolling a dice. He's got the highest post count in the game, but his actual contribution to the game state has been negligible aside from setting the ball rolling on the roo debacle. His voting history is spending day one hopping off the roo wagon when someone called him on it, then going back on it just because a couple other people put their votes on, then spending day 2 voting for someone he felt was definitely not scum in order to save himself (his only justification for it being that he didn't want to be lynched), unvoting as soon as Salsa's wagon was bigger than his own and then being content to end the day without trying to find someone who was more worthy of being lynched than the person that he felt wasn't scum. Perhaps it's just because I'm already in a bad mood, but he stinks of being active lurking scum. I'll admit that there's a possibility that he's a third party of some kind, but he's definitely not playing on the town's side.

PPE: TDS: see above.

Reads shortly.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: January 12, 2016, 11:13:27 pm »

@Deus:For the record, you're wrong about me not being town.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: January 12, 2016, 11:16:30 pm »

@Deus:For the record, you're wrong about me not being town.
How will you work with that? Insisting you are town does not help you--because everyone else other than you work by how-best-to-determine-others-are-towards-what-their-wincon is. (Think about it, TBF :) )

Also I can hammer you now but I'm not gonna/won't, because I don't believe you are scum. :v [Reads later, but yeah. Putting this ahead {HENCE WHY I WARN ABOUT THE # of votes thing}].

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: January 12, 2016, 11:21:37 pm »

Also @Deus:Check the votecount, I should be voting for Tomasque right now.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: January 12, 2016, 11:23:10 pm »

Extension requests: 1/5 (Tiruin)
Hee, over. xD

Jack A T, if the votecount is tied with -1 to hammer, and a double voter goes and votes both people leaving both at 5 {hammer limit}, what's the result of that?

Also @Deus:Check the votecount, I should be voting for Tomasque right now.
You are.

* Tomasque - TheBiggerFish {1}

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: January 12, 2016, 11:27:12 pm »

Yeah, thought so.
So Deus?
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: January 12, 2016, 11:31:48 pm »

TBF Your lack of dedication to anything you did this game still marks you as scum in my book. Why did you finish yesterday with no votes?
Over all others, DA, why is lack of dedication marking one out as scum? Overall, what's your basis of comparison to every other single individual along with that last sentence there?
Dedication may perhaps be the wrong word, but it's the closest I could think of to reasons he's scummy. For a start, it's day 3 and he claims to have no suspicions about anyone aside from being 'slightly worried' about two people that he hasn't questioned at all. The person he's currently voting for was chosen by rolling a dice. He's got the highest post count in the game, but his actual contribution to the game state has been negligible aside from setting the ball rolling on the roo debacle. His voting history is spending day one hopping off the roo wagon when someone called him on it, then going back on it just because a couple other people put their votes on, then spending day 2 voting for someone he felt was definitely not scum in order to save himself (his only justification for it being that he didn't want to be lynched), unvoting as soon as Salsa's wagon was bigger than his own and then being content to end the day without trying to find someone who was more worthy of being lynched than the person that he felt wasn't scum. Perhaps it's just because I'm already in a bad mood, but he stinks of being active lurking scum. I'll admit that there's a possibility that he's a third party of some kind, but he's definitely not playing on the town's side.

PPE: TDS: see above.

Reads shortly.
Woo I totally missed this.

Alright, query here--it seems to be more based on implication and implied meaning than someone who's being active lurking scum on my part.
In my list [that I'm still making :V], my notes point out that TBF has quantity > quality, however the quality denotes a more newbie-feel than someone who's purposefully doing this [on behalf of a team//in pursuit of personal wincon], as seen by "how" he proceeds with his votes and statements towards others; there's a lacking feel of refinement in approaching questions, and a very straightforward follow-up in how he makes his statements. His status at the moment is someone very open to being questioned given how his interactions go, but a question for you, DA...is did you cover all the things I mentioned, and in regards to the conclusion you gave, what makes him significantly stand out for you? {linkie post/s please if any?}

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: January 12, 2016, 11:40:19 pm »

Jack A T, if the votecount is tied with -1 to hammer, and a double voter goes and votes both people leaving both at 5 {hammer limit}, what's the result of that?
Tiruin: Hammer will occur, and the day will end.  I'll go against Wuba BYOR precedent here and say that the tie would lead to no lynch, as it would outside of hammers.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: January 12, 2016, 11:57:38 pm »

(Meaning: I would like reads from everyone)
Right ho.

Most Town
**FallacyofUrist(...)
*Deus Asmoth
!TheDarkStar
!Tiruin
!H4zardZ1
!fillipk
!Teneb
@Tomasque
^TheBiggerFish
Least Town

Explanations for symbols:
Each symbol represents a class of scummyness/townieness level. The players marked with that symbol belong to that level of scummyness/townieness.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: January 13, 2016, 12:11:43 am »

Fallacy can we get some explanations for those reads?  Even if it's just a summary.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: January 13, 2016, 09:50:47 am »

Fine.
FallacyofUrist(... I'm a confirmed townie to myself.)
Deus Asmoth(logic, good scum hunting, if hector13 was still alive I would also put him at this level, and perhaps the same for Tiruin once she gets more active.)
TheDarkStar(insufficient activity)
Tiruin(insufficient activity as of yet, may get better shortly)
H4zardZ1(insufficient activity)
fillipk(insufficient activity)
Teneb(insufficient activity)
Tomasque(arsonist?)
TBF(passive active lurking bandwagoning scum)

Yeh?

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: January 13, 2016, 09:55:08 am »

Alternative (a) is 'both impossible and suicidal', why?
Alternative (b)... How does that make sense to you? How can you sit around and do nothing? :v
You have a NIGHT ability [which supposedly fills up your [1 night action per night] thing since there's no notice of 'free action'], which does nothing but say 'THIS DOOD IS MARKED', and all other actions are one-shot and tailored to survival.
...You are an intriguing fellow.
And considerably smelling very strange.
To explain my reasoning: I imagined I had three options. These were to side with town, side with mafia, or side with no one. The reason I chose to side with town was because of the reasons I gave you... But you don't understand my reasons, which is understandable considering I thought it would be good to forgo explaining in favor of a joke (I thought calling myself a sack of potatoes was funny at the time!), but Ill be correcting my mistake here. The reason why siding with the mafia is impossible is because AI have no means of directly communicating with them. The reason it is suicidal is because if I try to indirectly communicate with them - such as in invisitext- it has a far higher chance of being seen by a townie than a mafia player, and if I just decide to do things I'll believe are good for the mafia, I'd be given away by the fact that Id be doing the things townies expected to be doing good for the mafia, since we'd all have the same information. Now following the question "How does that make sense is another one which I assume has to do with my powers, since it is followed by a sudden transition into talking about them. Anyway, what I meant by the nonsensical statement "sit around like a sack of potatoes" was that I would be doing nothing to help either town or maf, and since that's all that people do, I'd either be posting filler, or not post anything at all.

Gimme a moment. I'll answer your last question soon.

Explain.
I'll comply in a moment. Right now, I've got to go.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 13, 2016, 10:33:34 am »

@Tiruin
 Looking at it again, I now see how the second question makes sense in relation to alternative b, but I managed to answer that anyway. If you still have questions, feel free to ask and I'll answer them as soon as I can.

@FoU
 What I meant is that if Jack replied that marks only lasted for a day, or that fillipk no longer have the mark I gave him, it would be solid proof as to why I couldnt be arsonist. Now, I only have the implication stated by Jack in answer to fillipk's question. It's still a decent piece of evidence... which is why I'm confused at the moment. Why have you not addressed it at all? What do you think about it?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: January 13, 2016, 07:00:39 pm »

Tiruin
is did you cover all the things I mentioned, and in regards to the conclusion you gave, what makes him significantly stand out for you? {linkie post/s please if any?}
The thing that made him specifically stand out to me initially was the behaviour during the roo wagon. He made a major deal out of being annoyed at roo for not answering him, but still unvoted when hector pointed out that roo hadn't actually done anything scummy (for roo). Then he revoted with no new information a few posts later when there were two more votes on roo. So either he just didn't have any way to defend his case when called on it but still wanted roo lynched, or he knew there was no actual reason to lynch roo but didn't want to be outside the majority. Either way, it's an extremely spineless move, and as far as I can see it means that he's either town with more interest in keeping himself alive than actually helping his faction, or he's a non-town that has been trying to stay out of focus by following the majority during day 1 and staying off a town lynch that he didn't need to be on during day 2.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: January 13, 2016, 07:21:35 pm »

Why have you not addressed it at all? What do you think about it?
How is it a decent piece of evidence for you, and what does it prove for you? That's what I want to know.

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 65